Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2021, 07:17 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
I can’t imagine what being disfellowshipped must feel like. Knowing how I love the fellowship I have with my sisters and brothers in Christ, it would break my heart.

I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason, and sometimes it takes years to figure things out. Who knows? Maybe God wants you to rethink your beliefs.

You said your focus and research is spent on end times. Maybe that needs to change. Why not focus on Jesus and His teachings. These will lead to eternal life.

Jehovah educates us well maam, Isa 2:2,3. Each of us has our interests, but all of us are qualified to teach. God does not give us an assignment and leave us on our own.

None of us can see behind the scenes, and I am not the only one who this has happened to. The fact is that either I am disfellowshipped by God or I am not. Time alone will reveal that. I am a sinner, and have in fact committed several serious sins in my life, some of them after I became a witness, however I am not disfellowshipped for those, as far as I have been told anyway. I am disfellowshipped for apostasy, although I am not an apostate. I believe the elders chose that because by the definition they gave every single one of us could be disfellowshipped for it. A Christian is identified by their fruits, and anyone can judge my fruits right here as what we speak here is in writing.

Job had to endure it, as well as Jesus. Jesus was illegally tried and convicted by the highest authority of Jehovah on earth at the time, yet it was illegal. Job had no idea why he was put through what he was put through either, now I don't claim to be a pimple on the backside of either of them, but I was and still am an outstanding witness, the mere fact that I keep on is evidence that I have not put man above Jehovah. I may be very wrong in my evaluation of myself, and perhaps I truly am disfellowshipped by God, but I can not see it. I have been disfellowshipped for over 7 yrs now, and spoke to every elder in my congregation over a year ago and not one of them had me practicing any sin unrepentantly that merits disfellowshipping, yet I am not reinstated. I am puzzled as well. I have been told that if I quit preaching, and speaking to my brothers and sisters I can be reinstated, and I simply quote Acts 5:29 to my persecutors.

Like I said I am at a loss to explain it, I am as much in the dark as anyone else, but like Jesus and Job time will reveal what the real reason is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2021, 07:17 AM

16,678 posts, read 15,688,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
Spreading lies about Jehovah and His people is certainly persecution sir.
It's a good thing I don't lie about an issue as serious as child abuse.

Old 11-02-2021, 07:25 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,273 times
Quote:
I think it is purely speculation that the day and hour have been shared in heaven. And we have no idea how long life will continue on earth. It’s all up to our Heavenly Father and not at all dependent on how good or bad we treat the earth. He has already determined when that day will occur.

I fully agree with your statement here Kate, but I cannot personally see it lasting much longer with the changes I have personally seen just during my lifetime, but it has not deteriorated as much as I thought it would for a fact.

I love old sci fi movies and an interesting fact was brought out about the population explosion, the truth is the world of people expanded much faster than the writers thought it would, and likely they exaggerated what they really believed. Species are disappearing daily, one of these days one of the necessities of sustaining life may disappear. We, as well as many others, believe we are very deep into the last days.

Old 11-02-2021, 10:06 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,277,185 times
Quote:
Jehovah educates us well maam, Isa 2:2,3. Each of us has our interests, but all of us are qualified to teach. God does not give us an assignment and leave us on our own.

None of us can see behind the scenes, and I am not the only one who this has happened to. The fact is that either I am disfellowshipped by God or I am not. Time alone will reveal that. I am a sinner, and have in fact committed several serious sins in my life, some of them after I became a witness, however I am not disfellowshipped for those, as far as I have been told anyway. I am disfellowshipped for apostasy, although I am not an apostate. I believe the elders chose that because by the definition they gave every single one of us could be disfellowshipped for it. A Christian is identified by their fruits, and anyone can judge my fruits right here as what we speak here is in writing.

Job had to endure it, as well as Jesus. Jesus was illegally tried and convicted by the highest authority of Jehovah on earth at the time, yet it was illegal. Job had no idea why he was put through what he was put through either, now I don't claim to be a pimple on the backside of either of them, but I was and still am an outstanding witness, the mere fact that I keep on is evidence that I have not put man above Jehovah. I may be very wrong in my evaluation of myself, and perhaps I truly am disfellowshipped by God, but I can not see it. I have been disfellowshipped for over 7 yrs now, and spoke to every elder in my congregation over a year ago and not one of them had me practicing any sin unrepentantly that merits disfellowshipping, yet I am not reinstated. I am puzzled as well. I have been told that if I quit preaching, and speaking to my brothers and sisters I can be reinstated, and I simply quote Acts 5:29 to my persecutors.

Like I said I am at a loss to explain it, I am as much in the dark as anyone else, but like Jesus and Job time will reveal what the real reason is.
I can’t imagine having this happen to me. I’m curious as to exactly why they considered you to have apostatized. Surely they gave a reason. How long have you been a JW? Did I read where you said you were a Baptist prior to becoming a witness?

As for sin, show me any Christian who hasn’t sinned. We all do, but by God’s Grace and the blood of Jesus we are washed clean if we confess our sins and repent.

Old 11-02-2021, 10:13 AM

Quote:
I fully agree with your statement here Kate, but I cannot personally see it lasting much longer with the changes I have personally seen just during my lifetime, but it has not deteriorated as much as I thought it would for a fact.

I love old sci fi movies and an interesting fact was brought out about the population explosion, the truth is the world of people expanded much faster than the writers thought it would, and likely they exaggerated what they really believed. Species are disappearing daily, one of these days one of the necessities of sustaining life may disappear. We, as well as many others, believe we are very deep into the last days.
We really don’t know how our world will end, but Jesus says it will come unexpectedly, like a thief in the night. We just need to be sure we are prepared. The world right now seems like an ugly place, uglier than anything I’ve ever seen in my lifetime. One thing I’ve stopped doing is looking at the world through the lenses of media. I watch no news, nor do I listen to it. I stopped about a year ago, and my life is so much better without it. My focus is on God’s word, and nothing makes me happier than spending time with Him.

Old 11-02-2021, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
They cannot all be right. However, they can all be wrong to one extent or another, while having some truth. Especially, within a religion that is syncretistic in nature; having a hodgepodge of various beliefs from a variety of cultures (mixed and blended within it), which have been adopted into Christianism through that of an extreme religious or fundamentalist mindset.
Having just a little bit of truth is still a lie. One thing we do know for sure is that the church Jesus built is here today. We know this because Jesus promised the gates of hell would not prevail against it.

I like to use the analogy of a cake. If I were to find a cake recipe that was 2000 years old, and I followed it exactly, using the same ingredients, I can produce the same cake. I see the church in the same way. If we follow the patterns we see for the church in the NT, then we can be assured that we are the church Jesus built.

Old 11-02-2021, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Thanks, but I don’t do links.

Old 11-02-2021, 01:20 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Spreading lies about Jehovah and His people is certainly persecution sir.
Your view of the two-witness rule is foolish. Especially, when it comes to child abuse, where the only two witnesses is the victim and the abuser. However, I do believe that you have claimed "you would not report" the abuse. Apparently, you merely do not want to get involved, thus, enabling the abuse to continue within your Organization. Perhaps, you think you are protecting - a bother in Christ? But that is no excuse for not reporting any suspected abuse of a child.

Old 11-02-2021, 01:47 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
They cannot all be right. However, they can all be wrong to one extent or another, while having some truth. Especially, within a religion that is syncretistic in nature; having a hodgepodge of various beliefs from a variety of cultures (mixed and blended within it), which have been adopted into Christianism through that of an extreme religious or fundamentalist mindset.
Quote:
Having just a little bit of truth is still a lie. One thing we do know for sure is that the church Jesus built is here today. We know this because Jesus promised the gates of hell would not prevail against it.

I like to use the analogy of a cake. If I were to find a cake recipe that was 2000 years old, and I followed it exactly, using the same ingredients, I can produce the same cake. I see the church in the same way. If we follow the patterns we see for the church in the NT, then we can be assured that we are the church Jesus built.
Christianity, like most religions is a hodgepodge of various beliefs from a variety of cultures, which have been altered or adopted over time, so the ingredients are not the same. Perhaps, you should confront those demons that have entered the mindset of the Church, falsely fostering and prospering them.

Those who live according to the human nature have their mind set on what their nature desires, but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their mind set on what the Spirit wants: Along came the tempter; the lust of the eyes (understanding of the mind), lust of the flesh (a heart of emotion) and the pride of life (the desires of the will). Thus, while the first Adam conceded to all that is in the world (that which extends deep down from the surface - yet, is visible through distinctive traits or characteristics common to all humanity); the second Adam stood his ground against the natural disposition of the soul and the temperament within that of other men.

Old 11-02-2021, 01:51 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Christianity, like most religions is a hodgepodge of various beliefs from a variety of cultures, which have been altered or adopted over time, so the ingredients are not the same. Perhaps, you should confront those demons that have entered the mindset of the Church, falsely fostering and prospering them.

Those who live according to the human nature have their mind set on what their nature desires, but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their mind set on what the Spirit wants: Along came the tempter; the lust of the eyes (understanding of the mind), lust of the flesh (a heart of emotion) and the pride of life (the desires of the will). Thus, while the first Adam conceded to all that is in the world (that which extends deep down from the surface - yet, is visible through distinctive traits or characteristics common to all humanity); the second Adam stood his ground against the natural disposition of the soul and the temperament within that of other men.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity