Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2021, 07:41 AM

3,831 posts, read 1,386,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
The key is in what was said about the slave, they feed Jesus' sheep. Who fits the bill during these last days maam? I personally see them as the governing body of Jehovah's witnesses. Do you know any other faith that is fed like we are?
Are they feeding you REAL (alēthēs - real/unconcealed) food - Christ's flesh (sarx); and REAL (alēthēs - real/unconcealed) drink - Christs' blood (haima)? John 6:55-56
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2021, 11:28 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
The key is in what was said about the slave, they feed Jesus' sheep. Who fits the bill during these last days maam? I personally see them as the governing body of Jehovah's witnesses. Do you know any other faith that is fed like we are?
And, you are wrong, as we are not in need that other men teach us.

Old 11-05-2021, 11:38 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
Are they feeding you REAL (alēthēs - real/unconcealed) food - Christ's flesh (sarx); and REAL (alēthēs - real/unconcealed) drink - Christs' blood (haima)? John 6:55-56
WHy would you ask that? Your church doesn't. Jesus never said we should literally eat his flesh any more than he told the Samaritan woman that he would give her actual living water that would make her live forever.

Old 11-05-2021, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
WHy would you ask that? Your church doesn't. Jesus never said we should literally eat his flesh any more than he told the Samaritan woman that he would give her actual living water that would make her live forever.
Yes - I do believe in the Real presence, as my church, Christ & the apostles teach:

Jesus instituted it;
Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you.
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day.
For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink.
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him.

(John 6:53-56)
"Then he took the bread, said the blessing, broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body, which will be given for you; do this in memory of me.”
And likewise the cup after they had eaten, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which will be shed for you."

(Luke 22:19-20)

with Our Living Christ revealed in the Eucharist;
"... and it happened that, while he was with them at table, he took bread, said the blessing, broke it, and gave it to them.
With that their eyes were opened and they recognized him"
"the two recounted what had taken place on the way and how he was made known to them in the breaking of the bread."

(Luke 24:30,31,35)
"And none of the disciples dared to ask him, “Who are you?” because they realized it was the Lord.
Jesus came over and took the bread and gave it to them.....
This was now the third time Jesus was revealed to his disciples after being raised from the dead."

(John 21:12-14)
and instructing Peter specifically to 'feed His lambs & sheep'
(John 21:15,17)

And Paul affirms it, and likewise instructs to observe/hold fast;
"For I received from the Lord what I also handed on to you, that the Lord Jesus, on the night he was handed over, took bread,
and, after he had given thanks, broke it and said, “This is my body that is for you. Do this in remembrance of me.”
In the same way also the cup, after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.”
For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the death of the Lord until he comes.
Therefore whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord unworthily will have to answer for the body and blood of the Lord."

(1 Corinthians 11:23-27)
"on the first day of the week, when we gathered to break bread... "
(Acts 20:7)
"Therefore, brothers, stand firm and hold fast to the traditions that you were taught..."
(2 Thess. 2:15)

Old 11-05-2021, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
Yes - I do believe in the Real presence, as my church, Christ & the apostles teach:

Jesus instituted it;
Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you.
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day.
For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink.
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him.

(John 6:53-56)
"Then he took the bread, said the blessing, broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body, which will be given for you; do this in memory of me.”
And likewise the cup after they had eaten, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which will be shed for you."

(Luke 22:19-20)

with Our Living Christ revealed in the Eucharist;
"... and it happened that, while he was with them at table, he took bread, said the blessing, broke it, and gave it to them.
With that their eyes were opened and they recognized him"
"the two recounted what had taken place on the way and how he was made known to them in the breaking of the bread."

(Luke 24:30,31,35)
"And none of the disciples dared to ask him, “Who are you?” because they realized it was the Lord.
Jesus came over and took the bread and gave it to them.....
This was now the third time Jesus was revealed to his disciples after being raised from the dead."

(John 21:12-14)
and instructing Peter specifically to 'feed His lambs & sheep'
(John 21:15,17)

And Paul affirms it, and likewise instructs to observe/hold fast;
"For I received from the Lord what I also handed on to you, that the Lord Jesus, on the night he was handed over, took bread,
and, after he had given thanks, broke it and said, “This is my body that is for you. Do this in remembrance of me.”
In the same way also the cup, after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.”
For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the death of the Lord until he comes.
Therefore whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord unworthily will have to answer for the body and blood of the Lord."

(1 Corinthians 11:23-27)
"on the first day of the week, when we gathered to break bread... "
(Acts 20:7)
"Therefore, brothers, stand firm and hold fast to the traditions that you were taught..."
(2 Thess. 2:15)
So, you see it as being in his presence (spiritually), and not literally his flesh and blood?

Old 11-05-2021, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
So, you see it as being in his presence (spiritually), and not literally his flesh and blood?
scripture/Christ's word uses the word alēthēs - which means literally/not hidden/unconcealed,
and Paul affirms it 'Therefore whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord unworthily will have to answer for the body and blood of the Lord.'
but I am past just words,
as for now my worthless eyes can see only the bread and the wine,
but I have torn my eyes out,
because by faith now I see clearly His Flesh and Blood in the Eucharist, His Spirit and His Word,
and Him alive truly in others who likewise Love Him and keep His teaching.

Thx for asking!

Old 11-05-2021, 07:51 PM

13,626 posts, read 7,954,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
No. In the Catholic Church, the bread and wine are literally and truly transubstantiated into Christ's actual Body and Blood.

Old 11-05-2021, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
No. In the Catholic Church, the bread and wine are literally and truly transubstantiated into Christ's actual Body and Blood.
Yet, the bread and wine remain the same in appearance ...that of bread and wine?

Old 11-06-2021, 05:34 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,278,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Matthew 26
27 Then He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you. 28 For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. 29 But I say to you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father’s kingdom.”

If you carefully read Mt 26:27-29 above, you will notice that after Jesus “gave thanks” and said “this is My blood,” He then says He would not drink of the “fruit of the vine…”. He does not say He would not drink of the BLOOD.

The RCC and Orthodox have destroyed the purpose of the Lord’s Supper. It was to be a memorial feast. “Do this in remembrance of Me.”

It is foolish to believe that a priest has the power to change the bread and fruit of the vine into the actual body and blood of Jesus. We never see Jesus giving this power or authority to even His Apostles to do such a thing.

Transubstantiation is not found in church history until the 12th century. It is a just another false doctrine of men.

Last edited by MissKate12; 11-06-2021 at 05:46 AM..

Old 11-06-2021, 05:48 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
There is no religious organization over others in Matthew 24:45-51. Claiming that the wise and faithful servant refers to the governing body of Jehovah’s Witnesses is reading way too much into the Scriptures.

The faithful slave was stated by Jesus maam. It was included in the last day message, since we are deep into the last days, the slave must be here, and the slave has the assignment to feed the sheep, correct? Is there anyone on earth that you can identify as being that slave?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity