Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2021, 05:49 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
Are they feeding you REAL (alēthēs - real/unconcealed) food - Christ's flesh (sarx); and REAL (alēthēs - real/unconcealed) drink - Christs' blood (haima)? John 6:55-56

I suppose you are going to tell me that you are being fed that? Get serious
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2021, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
And, you are wrong, as we are not in need that other men teach us.

Acts 8:30:31; Mat 28:19,20 Know your Bible sir

Old 11-06-2021, 07:38 AM

3,831 posts, read 1,386,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
I suppose you are going to tell me that you are being fed that? Get serious
Does serious mean:

believing Paul when he tells us "Therefore whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord unworthily will have to answer for the body and blood of the Lord."
(1 Corinthians 11:23-27)'

[i]or believing Christ when He tells us “Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you.
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day.
For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink.
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him.

(John 6:53-56)

Does this stumble you, highway?

Old 11-06-2021, 10:22 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
The key is in what was said about the slave, they feed Jesus' sheep. Who fits the bill during these last days maam? I personally see them as the governing body of Jehovah's witnesses. Do you know any other faith that is fed like we are?
Quote:
And, you are wrong, as we are not in need that other men teach us.
Quote:
Acts 8:30:31; Mat 28:19,20 Know your Bible sir
I know the Bible well. And your Organization of men are not those I would follow, nor do they "lord it over" me. The governing body of Jehovah Witnesses and Watchtower Society are meaningless, and unimportant. But you can follow the instructions of those men, if that is what you have chosen to do, even though you have been disfellowshipped from that group.

Old 11-06-2021, 04:37 PM

614 posts, read 173,278 times
Of course it is. It has been following the pattern for the Church age outlined in the letters to the Churches.

That pattern is not one of exemplary values, or love given necessarily without a price. Nonetheless, it shows Christ at work, attempting to guide the people in the best direction.

Everything He says, about who they should be, is pertinent to us, if we want to emulate Him. When we emulate Him, we seek to bring about changes in ourselves. That involves seeing ourselves for who we are. That can be painful.

Worse still, the depressive mindset brought about by facing the world this way, the way it causes us to endure so much uncertainty, is more painful still, but may be a result of knowing there is a God, and that, somehow, my best life is always when I know Him.

Really, it's when He knows me. The depressive thing keeps me from inventing very many ways that I can psychotically reinforce my own thoughts. I would have to be manic for that to happen. My depression in only related to mania in this way: I wait around for God to save me. It is always amazing, when He does.

Lately I have been learning something about faith, and how to grow closer to God. Faith is about seeing God for who He is. That means each of us has to lay aside the ways of understanding embedded in us from the garden, if we want to see who He is. It is not about naming a thing, and claiming a thing, unless we are talking about claiming for ourselves the universal outlook that God wants us all to have. Don't, please, confuse that word, universal, as having anything to do with the doctrine of universalism, which I keep telling people the absolute proof of God's existence sort of makes you understand He must be about toward us. Anyway, babble, babble, babble.

Old 11-07-2021, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
Does serious mean:

believing Paul when he tells us "Therefore whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord unworthily will have to answer for the body and blood of the Lord."
(1 Corinthians 11:23-27)'

[i]or believing Christ when He tells us “Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you.
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day.
For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink.
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him.

(John 6:53-56)

Does this stumble you, highway?

Not me, as I said symbolic. Keep in mind who the partakers are as well. That is for those who are spirit begotten Christians sir, the Israel of God. The Holy ones or Saints as some versions use. I am not among that little flock, rather of the other sheep Jn 10:16

Old 11-07-2021, 05:18 AM

Quote:
I know the Bible well. And your Organization of men are not those I would follow, nor do they "lord it over" me. The governing body of Jehovah Witnesses and Watchtower Society are meaningless, and unimportant. But you can follow the instructions of those men, if that is what you have chosen to do, even though you have been disfellowshipped from that group.

I am glad to hear that you know your Bible well Jerwade.

Old 11-08-2021, 08:29 AM

13,626 posts, read 7,954,764 times
Quote:
Yet, the bread and wine remain the same in appearance ...that of bread and wine?
Correct.

Old 11-08-2021, 08:41 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
No. In the Catholic Church, the bread and wine are literally and truly transubstantiated into Christ's actual Body and Blood.
Quote:
Yet, the bread and wine remain the same in appearance ...that of bread and wine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Correct.
What actually occurs is your conscious state of mind perceives it as receiving Jesus in your consciousness, which evokes His Holy Spirit within you. When His Holy Spirit is evoked in you, you are in those states of mind associated with it and cannot do any wrong. Only when you leave those states of mind are you able to sin.

Old 11-08-2021, 08:52 AM

13,626 posts, read 7,954,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What actually occurs is your conscious state of mind perceives it as receiving Jesus in your consciousness, which evokes His Holy Spirit within you. When His Holy Spirit is evoked in you, you are in those states of mind associated with it and cannot do any wrong. Only when you leave those states of mind are you able to sin.
That is not Catholic teaching, nor does it align with my experience
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity