Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2021, 04:27 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
We don’t know that we are at the end of the last days. Life on earth could go on for thousands of years. Only YHWH knows the time.

That would be a correct statement when Jesus was on earth maam Mk 13:32, and obviously no man knows the day or hour, but it is very likely it has been shared in heaven. I seriously doubt that humans will survive anywhere near thousands of years let alone 500 without Divine intervention. I will say this however, it has went on longer than I thought listening to scientists, but I do not think they are entirely wrong, we are ruining the earth. Some people still put faith in man to solve this earths problems, but I certainly think that is a fallacy.

Keep in mind, the understanding of the signs Jesus gave, and his message is understood only by those who honestly want to serve God maam Mat 13:11
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2021, 05:06 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,278,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
Keep in mind, the understanding of the signs Jesus gave, and his message is understood only by those who honestly want to serve God maam Mat 13:11
You are absolutely right. Understanding comes to those who have an honest heart.
Please tell me which signs you are referring to? I would love to discuss them with you.

Last edited by MissKate12; 10-30-2021 at 05:14 AM..

Old 10-30-2021, 05:11 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,278,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Yes, but he is disfellowshipped and appears to be trying to work his way back in.
If that is true, I for one am thankful to God. It means he’s gone against the Governing Body. My prayers are with him.

Old 10-31-2021, 07:26 AM

Quote:
You are absolutely right. Understanding comes to those who have an honest heart.
Please tell me which signs you are referring to? I would love to discuss them with you.

Jesus gave signs of our time maam, which interests me greatly. They are recorded for us in Mat 24, as well as touched on in other gospels as well. We are very near to the end of this world, survival is dependent upon knowing God and obeying the law of the Christ. Those are the primary things that I root my research in. Always glad to discuss the Bible at all times, but I find the signs of the end quite interesting.

Old 10-31-2021, 07:29 AM

Quote:
If that is true, I for one am thankful to God. It means he’s gone against the Governing Body. My prayers are with him.

I am disfellowshipped, but do not believe it is valid. Protocols have to be followed for a righteous disfellowshipping. Jesus himself was also disfellowshipped, by the highest authority on earth at the time, but God did not do it. I do not believe God sanctioned my disfellowshipping either. Time will tell if I am or not, but one thing is for certain, I will never let man stop me from serving my God, only I can be responsible for that.

Old 10-31-2021, 08:10 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times
Quote:
I am disfellowshipped, but do not believe it is valid. Protocols have to be followed for a righteous disfellowshipping. Jesus himself was also disfellowshipped, by the highest authority on earth at the time, but God did not do it. I do not believe God sanctioned my disfellowshipping either. Time will tell if I am or not, but one thing is for certain, I will never let man stop me from serving my God, only I can be responsible for that.
Honest question, but aren't you the one that defends the JWs in regards to allegations of child abuse? I find that interesting when you say they screwed up on the protocols for disfellowshipping you but you defend them on that.

Old 10-31-2021, 09:21 AM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
The church which Jesus built refers to the body of church-age believers throughout this dispensation regardless of denominational differences and is on the earth until the rapture of the church occurs.

Old 10-31-2021, 10:32 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,600,126 times
Quote:
Jesus gave signs of our time maam, which interests me greatly. They are recorded for us in Mat 24, as well as touched on in other gospels as well. We are very near to the end of this world, survival is dependent upon knowing God and obeying the law of the Christ. Those are the primary things that I root my research in. Always glad to discuss the Bible at all times, but I find the signs of the end quite interesting.
You sound like my JW neighbor, a very nice lady. She asked me what I thought of the end times, and I said her and I would end up the same way... we both become wormfood.

You seem to forget that the end has been predicted many times before. You also seem to forget that Jesus said, his disciples generation would still be there when he returned in Matthew 24. They expected to see him again.

Didn't happen did it? Why?

Old 11-01-2021, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Honest question, but aren't you the one that defends the JWs in regards to allegations of child abuse? I find that interesting when you say they screwed up on the protocols for disfellowshipping you but you defend them on that.

Jehovah's witnesses obviously do not molest Children BF. When I was a Baptist, they as well taught it to be a sin. Child molestation among us is a serious sin, and is handled the same as any other serious sin, if the dedicated witness is unrepentant, they will be disfellowshipped as Jehovah requires sir. If they are found repentant, of course they will be allowed to remain among us, but make no mistake, they will be watched heavily most likely for the rest of their lives.

All judicial renderings have protocol, written rules to follow based on scripture. As long as these are followed, we believe the judgment is from Jehovah. As you see here daily, people allege things about us, which we simply consider a form of persecution as has been the case from the beginning. If one is not being persecuted because of their faith, perhaps you should question why not? Jesus clearly stated his disciples would be persecuted.

Old 11-01-2021, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
You sound like my JW neighbor, a very nice lady. She asked me what I thought of the end times, and I said her and I would end up the same way... we both become wormfood.

You seem to forget that the end has been predicted many times before. You also seem to forget that Jesus said, his disciples generation would still be there when he returned in Matthew 24. They expected to see him again.

Didn't happen did it? Why?

You simply misunderstand Norm. The prophecy you are referring to is a minor/major prophecy. A two-fold prophecy, which like many things in the Bible are. Some of the prophecy was referring to the destruction of Jerusalem, and some referring to a greater fulfillment at the end of the age sir.

Jerusalem was destroyed in the year 70, well within that generation. We know the prophecy would have more to come as the horses of revelation parallel Jesus words of Mat 24, war, famine, pestilences and it was written around 25 yrs after the destruction of Jerusalem. We believe Jesus became King in 1914, and the generation is yet to expire sir, but they are quite elderly. We know that it would appear "late" as Jesus stated, some of the elite anointed witnesses leaving because of it (verse 48), but we feel we are on the verge of it now, unless of course we are in error on our calculations.

Just as sure as history revealed with the destruction of Jerusalem, we can be confident that what has not yet occurred will. Remember one of those signs found in verse 14 is just about complete. Most faiths who claim to be Christian believe we are right on the verge of the return of Jesus, not just Jehovah's witnesses. I would imagine that your faith teaches that as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity