Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2021, 05:20 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
No. Many non denominational churches are really no different than denominational churches. Jesus built only one church, not many. You can read about the church Jesus built in the New Testament.
I know that, and I have. And Paul said this Church was to be led by prophets and apostles until we all became unified in our faith. Furthermore, he said that without this organization we'd be at the mercy of people who perverted true doctrines. He prophesied very plainly of an apostasy (or falling away) that would take place after his death. He was right on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2021, 06:45 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I know that, and I have. And Paul said this Church was to be led by prophets and apostles until we all became unified in our faith. Furthermore, he said that without this organization we'd be at the mercy of people who perverted true doctrines. He prophesied very plainly of an apostasy (or falling away) that would take place after his death. He was right on.

Old 11-02-2021, 09:49 PM

1,811 posts, read 900,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
It’s because of your lack of faith that you think it’s necessary for the church to have some type of man imposed hierarchy where there is only one supreme ecclesiastical leader such as a Pope or in your case a President. That’s how believers are led astray. Instead of Jesus being the head of the church now you’ve introduced a corruptible sinful human as being supreme. That only they can receive direct revelation from God for the church. That’s why Paul gives such a stern warning in Ephesians 4, verse 14;

“ 14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;”

That’s the whole reason no one mortal man rules the church. Because when you think they have that much power they are able to led multitudes astray.

The church that Jesus brought to us was never intended to be set up in such a manner. . In Matthew 18 verse 20 it says,

20 “For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.”

That’s it. That’s all that’s needed to have a church. Believers gathered together in Jesus name. Don’t need a Pope, prophet, apostles, or a thousand presidents. Not everyone in the church needs a title.

In Ephesians 4 verse 11 Paul writes,

“ 11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;”

What Paul doesn’t say is that the Church only had one leader who was a prophet. Paul was clear that there were multiple apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers. That was because each church or body of believers may have had different needs. Jesus knew that we were not all the same. He knew that no two congregations of believers would be exactly the same.

Bless your heart though and good luck to you.

Old 11-03-2021, 05:51 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,007,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
It's a good thing I don't lie about an issue as serious as child abuse.

You do every time you slander Jehovah and His people by saying they condone it. Child abuse is a serious sin. As I have stated very clearly I know of no faith that claims to be Christian that would consider it as anything but serious. Jehovah's witnesses have a zero tolerance policy for child abuse, like I said we are one of just a handful of the multitude of faiths around the world that will disfellowship a baptized witness who is unrepentantly guilty of committing a sin such as that.

You don't like the two witness policy, so what, I see the intelligence in the requirement. You and I are not of the same faith sir, I disagree with your philosophy.

Old 11-03-2021, 06:08 AM

Quote:
I can’t imagine having this happen to me. I’m curious as to exactly why they considered you to have apostatized. Surely they gave a reason. How long have you been a JW? Did I read where you said you were a Baptist prior to becoming a witness?

As for sin, show me any Christian who hasn’t sinned. We all do, but by God’s Grace and the blood of Jesus we are washed clean if we confess our sins and repent.

Jehovah's witnesses can be disfellowshipped for committing serious sins unrepentantly, or even minor ones if they practice them. To date I have not been given the sin I supposedly committed. In order for one of us to be disfellowshipped legally, a documented sin has to have been committed and the sinner is unrepentant. To be documented there has to be a minimum of 2 witnesses, or a confession. I agree with this policy.

If a person admits guilt, but is repentant, then they are given what is called reproof, a time period in where their privileges will be restricted until their repentance is assured to the congregation. Although this is not true, the elders who conducted my trial told me if there is anything that we disagree with that the faithful slave teaches then we are not one of Jehovah's witnesses, which is not what we teach. Every single one of us has something we do not understand, or possibly completely disagree with, but apostasy comes into play on how we react to that belief.

I will say that it has been the toughest thing I have had to face in my life, and it has been quite stressful, so I agree with Paul who said: (Acts 14:22) . . .“We must enter into the Kingdom of God through many tribulations.” Each of us who serve Jehovah have our own thorns in the flesh, yes mine is tough, but so many other brothers and sisters serve Jehovah having it much tougher than me. We follow Jesus's admonition not to look behind, but stay focused on the wonderful blessings ahead.

Old 11-03-2021, 06:15 AM

Quote:
We really don’t know how our world will end, but Jesus says it will come unexpectedly, like a thief in the night. We just need to be sure we are prepared. The world right now seems like an ugly place, uglier than anything I’ve ever seen in my lifetime. One thing I’ve stopped doing is looking at the world through the lenses of media. I watch no news, nor do I listen to it. I stopped about a year ago, and my life is so much better without it. My focus is on God’s word, and nothing makes me happier than spending time with Him.

I, as well do not watch the news, I do hear it on the radio sometimes while driving though. Keeping on the watch and staying focused on seeking the Kingdom first should be our priorities for sure maam. You are so correct about the spiraling society. I am 67 yrs old and have seen a change in society that perhaps younger ones have not observed. We do know how the world will "end" however, at the end of the great tribulation when people are near to the point of extinction Mat 24:22, Jesus will return for those chosen ones (elect), and they will meet him in the air and he will proceed to remove the remainder of the wicked. 1 Thes 4:16,17; 2 Thes 1:6-9; Ps 37:9-11.

Nice speaking to you Kate

Old 11-03-2021, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Thanks, but I don’t do links.

It may be possible that I can email it to you, or mail you the actual magazine if you give me your address in a private message. My email is capumetu@yours.com

Old 11-03-2021, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Your view of the two-witness rule is foolish. Especially, when it comes to child abuse, where the only two witnesses is the victim and the abuser. However, I do believe that you have claimed "you would not report" the abuse. Apparently, you merely do not want to get involved, thus, enabling the abuse to continue within your Organization. Perhaps, you think you are protecting - a bother in Christ? But that is no excuse for not reporting any suspected abuse of a child.

Let me see, obey Jehovah, or you.

Old 11-03-2021, 06:31 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Roman Catholicism is just another denomination. It did not exist in the first century. Ignatius used the term Catholic to denote that Jesus’ church was universal in nature. His church was never named Catholic nor Roman Catholic.
The Bible as we know it today didn't exist in the first century either.

Old 11-03-2021, 06:32 AM

16,675 posts, read 15,676,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
You do every time you slander Jehovah and His people by saying they condone it. Child abuse is a serious sin. As I have stated very clearly I know of no faith that claims to be Christian that would consider it as anything but serious. Jehovah's witnesses have a zero tolerance policy for child abuse, like I said we are one of just a handful of the multitude of faiths around the world that will disfellowship a baptized witness who is unrepentantly guilty of committing a sin such as that.

You don't like the two witness policy, so what, I see the intelligence in the requirement. You and I are not of the same faith sir, I disagree with your philosophy.
I don't slander Jehovah/YHWH/God/Allah or any other name you'd like to call Him. It's simply a statement of fact that every time one of you hides behind a "two witness" rule for a serious crime for which two witnesses rarely exist, your are condoning the crime. Report the suspected crime to the police and let them figure it out. We're not talking about jaywalking here. We are talking about felonies. We are talking about people that do serious harm to children. Your posts imply that you don't care about that hurt, because, if you did, you would report the crimes, no if, and, or buts. Report the crimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity