Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2021, 06:07 AM

16,679 posts, read 15,688,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
Jehovah's witnesses obviously do not molest Children BF. When I was a Baptist, they as well taught it to be a sin. Child molestation among us is a serious sin, and is handled the same as any other serious sin, if the dedicated witness is unrepentant, they will be disfellowshipped as Jehovah requires sir. If they are found repentant, of course they will be allowed to remain among us, but make no mistake, they will be watched heavily most likely for the rest of their lives.

All judicial renderings have protocol, written rules to follow based on scripture. As long as these are followed, we believe the judgment is from Jehovah. As you see here daily, people allege things about us, which we simply consider a form of persecution as has been the case from the beginning. If one is not being persecuted because of their faith, perhaps you should question why not? Jesus clearly stated his disciples would be persecuted.
Nobody is persecuting you or your organization. You, and your organization are condoning criminal behavior. You said as much in your first paragraph. "if the dedicated witness is unrepentant, they will be disfellowshipped as Jehovah requires sir. If they are found repentant, of course they will be allowed to remain among us" You said nothing about calling the police, which is the only appropriate action to take. Paraphrasing, you just said if the child abuser is sorry, he can stay in the church and you will say nothing (but you'll probably keep an eye on him).

Old 11-01-2021, 09:03 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,600,126 times
Quote:
You simply misunderstand Norm. The prophecy you are referring to is a minor/major prophecy. A two-fold prophecy, which like many things in the Bible are. Some of the prophecy was referring to the destruction of Jerusalem, and some referring to a greater fulfillment at the end of the age sir.

Jerusalem was destroyed in the year 70, well within that generation. We know the prophecy would have more to come as the horses of revelation parallel Jesus words of Mat 24, war, famine, pestilences and it was written around 25 yrs after the destruction of Jerusalem. We believe Jesus became King in 1914, and the generation is yet to expire sir, but they are quite elderly. We know that it would appear "late" as Jesus stated, some of the elite anointed witnesses leaving because of it (verse 48), but we feel we are on the verge of it now, unless of course we are in error on our calculations.

Just as sure as history revealed with the destruction of Jerusalem, we can be confident that what has not yet occurred will. Remember one of those signs found in verse 14 is just about complete. Most faiths who claim to be Christian believe we are right on the verge of the return of Jesus, not just Jehovah's witnesses. I would imagine that your faith teaches that as well.
Jesus didn't return within the generation of those he was talking to, did he? That's the reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2021, 12:43 PM

9,895 posts, read 1,278,374 times
Quote:
Jesus gave signs of our time maam, which interests me greatly. They are recorded for us in Mat 24, as well as touched on in other gospels as well. We are very near to the end of this world, survival is dependent upon knowing God and obeying the law of the Christ. Those are the primary things that I root my research in. Always glad to discuss the Bible at all times, but I find the signs of the end quite interesting.
I agree with you that is is vital to know God and obey the laws of Christ regardless of the time frame. Our salvation is dependent upon it.

There is no proof that we are at the end of times. It is purely speculation. Wars, famines, pestilences, earthquakes have been occurring since Jesus walked the earth. In Matthew 24, Jesus was prophesying the destruction of Jerusalem and the end of the Jewish system. These were the signs Jesus said were what His disciples at that time were to look for.

Jesus spoke of the abomination of desolation prophesied by Daniel (Matthew 24:15-22; Daniel 9:27), a prophesy about Rome besieging Jerusalem as Luke’s account of this conversation shows (Luke 21:20).

In both Matthew 24 and Luke 21, Jesus says, “Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.” Have you studied the meaning of “the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power? I have, and I was quite surprised that it is speaking of judgement, particularly the judgement against Jerusalem. The phrase is not necessarily referring to the second coming of Christ. I researched each time the phrase was used throughout the Scriptures, and my conclusion was that it’s about judgement.

Starting in verse 35, He then answered His disciples’ second question about the sign of His coming and the end of the world. He promised that “heaven and earth will pass away,” but note that He specifically warned that no one would know when that day would be (Matthew 24:35-39). There would be no warnings signs as there was for the temple’s destruction, which is why He warned Christians to always be prepared (Matthew 24: 40-51; 25:1-30).

Prepared Christians will “be taken,” rising in the air to meet the Lord (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18)

The unprepared will be left behind as this world and universe burn up (2 Peter 3:10-13).

Then all will be judged, with the righteous being ushered into eternal life while the condemned being cast into the Lake of Fire. ( Matthew 25:31-46; Revelation 20:11-15).

Old 11-01-2021, 12:52 PM

Quote:
I am disfellowshipped, but do not believe it is valid. Protocols have to be followed for a righteous disfellowshipping. Jesus himself was also disfellowshipped, by the highest authority on earth at the time, but God did not do it. I do not believe God sanctioned my disfellowshipping either. Time will tell if I am or not, but one thing is for certain, I will never let man stop me from serving my God, only I can be responsible for that.
I can’t imagine what being disfellowshipped must feel like. Knowing how I love the fellowship I have with my sisters and brothers in Christ, it would break my heart.

I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason, and sometimes it takes years to figure things out. Who knows? Maybe God wants you to rethink your beliefs.

You said your focus and research is spent on end times. Maybe that needs to change. Why not focus on Jesus and His teachings. These will lead to eternal life.

Old 11-01-2021, 12:57 PM

Quote:
That would be a correct statement when Jesus was on earth maam Mk 13:32, and obviously no man knows the day or hour, but it is very likely it has been shared in heaven. I seriously doubt that humans will survive anywhere near thousands of years let alone 500 without Divine intervention. I will say this however, it has went on longer than I thought listening to scientists, but I do not think they are entirely wrong, we are ruining the earth. Some people still put faith in man to solve this earths problems, but I certainly think that is a fallacy.

Keep in mind, the understanding of the signs Jesus gave, and his message is understood only by those who honestly want to serve God maam Mat 13:11
I think it is purely speculation that the day and hour have been shared in heaven. And we have no idea how long life will continue on earth. It’s all up to our Heavenly Father and not at all dependent on how good or bad we treat the earth. He has already determined when that day will occur.

Old 11-01-2021, 01:05 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times
In answer to the OP. Yes the Church Jesus built on earth for the Father is still here. It is just not on a street corner or a country road. It is within us all, but it's door remains sealed unless you have the desire to open it.

Old 11-01-2021, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
The church which Jesus built refers to the body of church-age believers throughout this dispensation regardless of denominational differences and is on the earth until the rapture of the church occurs.
Michael,
What about the false teachings coming out of denominations? Do you honestly believe this is acceptable in the eyes of God? Jesus said we must worship in spirit and truth.

The church is the body of Christ. How can people who subscribe to false teaching belong to Jesus’ body? What of those who teach another gospel? I am reminded of what Jesus said. “ Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.” (Matthew 7:14)

I think Satan has planted the idea that as long as a person believes Jesus is the Son of God, whatever else he/she believes doesn’t matter. We are all one big happy church. I just can’t buy into that.

Old 11-01-2021, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
In answer to the OP. Yes the Church Jesus built on earth for the Father is still here. It is just not on a street corner or a country road. It is within us all, but it's door remains sealed unless you have the desire to open it.
Since the church is the people who belong to Christ, it can be found wherever true believers gather together.

Church = Ekklesia. It is defined as congregation, assembly, or the whole body of Christian believers.

Old 11-01-2021, 01:25 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,709,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
Michael,
What about the false teachings coming out of denominations? Do you honestly believe this is acceptable in the eyes of God? Jesus said we must worship in spirit and truth.

The church is the body of Christ. How can people who subscribe to false teaching belong to Jesus’ body? What of those who teach another gospel? I am reminded of what Jesus said. “ Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.” (Matthew 7:14)

I think Satan has planted the idea that as long as a person believes Jesus is the Son of God, whatever else he/she believes doesn’t matter. We are all one big happy church. I just can’t buy into that.
Jesus also said he came to cause division

It all depends on the timing and purpose

Old 11-01-2021, 01:27 PM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
The church which Jesus built refers to the body of church-age believers throughout this dispensation regardless of denominational differences and is on the earth until the rapture of the church occurs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
Michael,

The false teachings coming out of particular churches or denominations isn't the issue at hand. Everyone without exception who has received Jesus as Savior during this dispensation of the church is church . . . is a part of the body of Christ regardless of any doctrinal errs being taught by their denomination or local independent church.

A believer may or may not accept as true the doctrine of the Trinity for instance. Either way he is still an eternally saved believer if he has believed that Jesus died for his sins. The Trinity is true by the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity