Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2021, 07:17 PM

3,836 posts, read 1,388,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
The seed is the word of God (Luke 8:11). When it was planted on Pentecost 33 AD, it produced Christians.

Do we have the same seed today as what was planted in New Testament times? Yes, we have the Bible
(1 Peter 1:22-25).

Do we have the same soil? Yes, human hearts are still waiting to be taught (Matthew 13:19-23).

When the same seed is planted in sincere hearts today, it grows the same thing that it did then, Christians (Acts 2:22-47, 11:26; 1 Peter 4:16.).

Christians are the body of Christ, His church.

If there had never been a church in a particular geographical area, the church Jesus built would sprout up there when people heard, understood and obeyed the gospel of Christ.

If a church today believes the Bible is the standard of Christianity, and it is understood, believed an obeyed, then that church is the church Jesus built.

If a church has the same plan of salvation, organization, worship, love, zeal, and moral teachings as the church Jesus built, then it is a true church.

Christendom is filled with denominations and the doctrines of men. It’s time to get back to the church Jesus built.
Except that that sentence (bolded) is NOWHERE in the bible;
but rather ' the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth' IS! 1 Tim 3:15

The 'bible' came from the church, that Christ founded, a couple/few hundred years later - not the other way around!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2021, 08:07 PM

63,876 posts, read 40,157,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
but rather ' the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth' IS! 1 Tim 3:15

The 'bible' came from the church, that Christ founded, a couple/few hundred years later - not the other way around!
This is true, CCCyou but they did a lousy job of interpreting the REAL Gospel of Christ contained within the primitive misunderstandings and misrepresentations in the scriptures written by our ancestors. They did keep more of the scriptures but put them to no effective use preferring to advance and protect their Church over discovering the "spiritual solid food" within the "carnal milk" that needed to be fed to our carnal ancestors.

Old 10-27-2021, 09:08 PM

3,836 posts, read 1,388,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This is true, CCCyou but they did a lousy job of interpreting the REAL Gospel of Christ contained within the primitive misunderstandings and misrepresentations in the scriptures written by our ancestors. They did keep more of the scriptures but put them to no effective use preferring to advance and protect their Church over discovering the "spiritual solid food" within the "carnal milk" that needed to be fed to our carnal ancestors.
I would have to agree with you to a point on this, Mystic, which is why Jesus said ‘Do as they say, but don’t do as they do’. The leaders alone are not the church, but they have their place. Though WITHIN the church, which is Christs body, great treasures can be found, in and through its Saints who Loved Christ and obeyed His teaching, if you but seek.

Old 10-27-2021, 09:10 PM

11,902 posts, read 3,715,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I would never ignore you, Meerkat. You're one of my favorite people on the forum.
Back at ya Katzpur

Old 10-27-2021, 09:13 PM

11,902 posts, read 3,715,839 times
Quote:
I would have to agree with you to a point on this, Mystic, which is why Jesus said ‘Do as they say, but don’t do as they do’. The leaders alone are not the church, but they have their place. Though WITHIN the church, which is Christs body, great treasures can be found, in and through its Saints who Loved Christ and obeyed His teaching, if you but seek.
Yep

Also why this in Ephesians

Eph 6:12**For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Agree with the treasures you can find if you seek too

Old 10-28-2021, 04:58 AM

9,899 posts, read 1,281,626 times
Quote:

That is a fallacy promoted by the Roman Catholic Church. The Old Testament Scriptures were here before Jesus built His church, and the New Testament Scriptures were recorded and circulated amongst the churches by the turn of the century.

I never claimed the sentence you bolded was from the Scriptures, but the church is the body of Christ, and when people believe and obey the gospel of Jesus Christ, they become the church, the body of Christ. When Peter preached the gospel for the first time on Pentecost 33 AD, 3000 souls believed and were baptized. The Lord added them to His church.

You’ve missed the point about the OP. It’s not about whether your church is the true church. It’s about whether people who follow the same pattern as those in the New Testament church are the body of Christ, the church Jesus built.

You quoted 1 Timothy 3:15 “…the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of truth.” I ask, who is the church? Is it the Pope? The Magisterium? Not according to Scripture it isn’t. The church is the body of Christ, all Christians, God’s people.

Last edited by MissKate12; 10-28-2021 at 05:11 AM..

Old 10-28-2021, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
That is the Protestant view. Suffice it to say, my investigations into this topic have led me to differing conclusions.
Just to be clear, I am not a member of any denomination. I’m neither Protestant, Roman Catholic, nor Orthodox. I became a member of the church Jesus built when I believed and obeyed His gospel. He added me to His body. I worship with a group of people who have done likewise. We are led by a plurality of elders. Our authority comes from the written word of God.

Old 10-28-2021, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
You are speaking of "the invisible church" which I also believe exists. There is also "the institutional church." My hunch is that the OP was referring to the institutional church in her OP, although I may have misinterpreted her question.
Thank you for raising these points Katzpur. I have heard these term before. Could you please post the Scriptures, which speak of “the invisible church” or “the institutional church?”

My OP speaks of the church Jesus built. There is only one. Can we agree on that point?

Old 10-28-2021, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Yes. It's made up of believers across all denominations. It is not a particular denomination. No denomination is "The true Church" any more than any one synagogue was "The true synagogue" in 30 AD.
How many churches did Jesus build?

Old 10-28-2021, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
Do all denominations teach the truth?
Good question. There’s truth and there’s partial truth. Jesus made pretty clear His feelings about the doctrines of men. (Matthew 15:9). We need to get back to God’s word!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity