Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2021, 12:43 PM

88,560 posts, read 84,738,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
I do take Jesus' miracles as recorded in the gospels, literally.
I am not authorized to tell you otherwise

Old 11-21-2021, 01:25 PM

63,795 posts, read 40,063,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I am not authorized to tell you otherwise
Very wise. We cannot know otherwise. Our Reality itself manifests in the Consciousness of God. We know consciousness has unlimited imagination. Consciousness is the "mind of God" and Jesus had the "mind of God" so that makes everything possible for Him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2021, 04:40 PM

9,895 posts, read 1,267,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatesDude View Post
Why do you feel your only method of knowing anything about God and what it wants is through the Bible that must be literal ? How did illiterate Christians get along without a personal Bible for 1700 or so years ?
Thank God (who you refer to as an it) for the ignore feature on this forum.

Old 11-21-2021, 05:03 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,175,894 times
Quote:
Why do you feel your only method of knowing anything about God and what it wants is through the Bible that must be literal ? How did illiterate Christians get along without a personal Bible for 1700 or so years ?
there were spiritual explanations while Paul was around , and his hand picked spiritual people ran his churches. may be till about Constantine.

Old 11-21-2021, 05:23 PM

1,799 posts, read 562,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
Thank God (who you refer to as an it) for the ignore feature on this forum.
For accurately pointing out that Christians , as well as most people , were largely illiterate for thousands of years, and didn’t possess a personal Bible if they were literate unless they were rich ?

LOL . I suspect someone doesn’t understand history and doesn’t realize that most people were illiterate until about the 1700’s , and took the comment as an insult to Christians . So I guess we can add history to the things some Christians aren’t real up on .

Old 11-21-2021, 05:52 PM

88,560 posts, read 84,738,350 times
Quote:
For accurately pointing out that Christians , as well as most people , were largely illiterate for thousands of years, and didn’t possess a personal Bible if they were literate unless they were rich ?

LOL . I suspect someone doesn’t understand history and doesn’t realize that most people were illiterate until about the 1700’s , and took the comment as an insult to Christians . So I guess we can add history to the things some Christians aren’t real up on .
I've brought that up here before and was told that I was wrong. I realized there was no point in continuing the conversation.

Funny, I was listening to a radio talk show about technology's impact on history while I was driving, and the interviewee mentioned the printing press, which enabled the common person to be able to read the Bible without a priest telling them what they said, and how the Church hated it and tried to ban it as evil until they realized they could use the press to print indulgences. But THEN, Martin Luther realized HE could use a printed document for his purposes...and oh what a mess it made, giving the ability to have printed material to so many common people...

Old 11-21-2021, 06:21 PM

166 posts, read 156,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Lol. But you are still ignoring my question. Can you answer it or not?
Yes, o.k all scripture is god breathed. It means the holy spirit, the helper, aka God himself (in 3 persons) comes into the Christian's Soul making it eternal and eternally connected to the Father. No more estrangement.

Old 11-21-2021, 06:39 PM

63,795 posts, read 40,063,093 times
Quote:

That is not the only thing most Christians are not up on, Nate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I've brought that up here before and was told that I was wrong. I realized there was no point in continuing the conversation.

Funny, I was listening to a radio talk show about technology's impact on history while I was driving, and the interviewee mentioned the printing press, which enabled the common person to be able to read the Bible without a priest telling them what they said, and how the Church hated it and tried to ban it as evil until they realized they could use the press to print indulgences. But THEN, Martin Luther realized HE could use a printed document for his purposes...and oh what a mess it made, giving the ability to have printed material to so many common people...

Old 11-21-2021, 06:42 PM

20,439 posts, read 12,781,890 times
Quote:
What does that have to do with whether the Bible is God-breathed?

Old 11-21-2021, 07:02 PM

13,611 posts, read 7,924,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
What does that have to do with whether the Bible is God-breathed?
It doesn't. It just serves as a powerful piece of evidence that "sola scriptura" is a self-defeating proposition as it could not have possibly been normative or practical for the vast majority of Christian history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity