Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2021, 07:57 PM

3,220 posts, read 926,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
The term inspiration means God-breathed. Paul wrote that all Scripture is inspired. Some say they don’t believe that all Scripture is God-breathed. My question is this:

How does one decide which Scriptures are God-breathed and which are not?.
As the son of man says; “Whoever belongs to God hears every word God speaks. The reason you do not hear is you do not belong to God.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2021, 08:25 PM

88,617 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
BY your own words above, you are saying that ALL Scripture is not God-breathed. You’re saying they contain error. Since God doesn’t err, you’re saying all Scripture is not God-breathed. Think about it. That brings me to the OP question. How do you decide which are God-breathed and which are not?
You don't get it. I DON'T decide because I don't think that way in the first place. If God wants me to see/hear something in a particular Scripture at any given moment, God will see that I do. That's how God breathes the Word into us.

Quote:
Do you think the following Scripture has error?

2 Peter 1:20-21
…knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.
I am not playing the game, sorry.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 11-19-2021 at 08:35 PM..

Old 11-19-2021, 10:49 PM

166 posts, read 156,948 times
Hello people.

Yes like Mighty said, God breathes the Word into us using an audio or inanimate object to do so. it's just the tool used by God to get the holy spirit inside us. The holy spirit is always inside us but it can be quenched so we need the word to continue to allow it to naturally grow. Otherwise the carnal flesh will take over to some extent and block any of our coversations with God. He converses to us thru his word. All scripture is God breathed(meaning the holy spirit has breathed into it to override our natural carnal opposition to it).

Gen 2:7 Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.
Again, God uses the written word of God to breath the holy spirit into us. Just as he did with Moses & the 10 commandments writing those laws on our hearts.

Romans 2:15 They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them

John 14: 25-526 25 “All this I have spoken while still with you. 26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.
God breathed into Adam & Eve- the Holy Spirit. Anytime it's God Breathed, it means whatever God breathes into, it means he is breathing out the Holy Spirit into us. His word comes alive, just as Adam and Eve came alive, upon being formed by the dust of the earth. Adam and Eve had the holy spirit breathed into them upon their "conception" so to speak which is why they could live forever. There were no laws immediately to transgress until he decided to put a poision tree in the middle of the garden which was very tempting.

Then they sinned, God covered their ONE SIN (God had only one law at the time... and sin is defined as a transgression of Gods laws... so it could only be one sin) God covered this sin with animal skins. Shedding of blood to cover their sins and their shame. This would be enough to save them, they would live forever, again... if they had died right after SINCE GOD had not created any other laws yet for them to transgress.

Sins are graded. so some worse than others which is correlated to the pain and discomfort felt by the unbeliever in hell

Yet the ultimate sacrifice, once and for all, of God giving himself up as a man, the one time shedding of his blood, which the blood is what cleanses us from all sin, so we can live forever, IF we choose to accept this gift. He wants to adopt us, make us his children. This gift is not foisted upon us, we can remain estranged which is the default without the second breathe

Last edited by OnProbation; 11-20-2021 at 12:12 AM..

Old 11-20-2021, 02:15 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,277,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:
So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
(Romans 12:4-5)
And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists;
and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints,
for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ
Eph4:11-12
Scripture mentions Bishops, Deacons, Presbyters/Elders too; even mentions a council too regarding Gentiles and other things.
Yes we each have a role, but we ALL are the pillars and foundation of truth.

Old 11-20-2021, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
As the son of man says; “Whoever belongs to God hears every word God speaks. The reason you do not hear is you do not belong to God.”
Exactly! All Scripture is God-breathed. I don’t get to pick and choose.

Old 11-20-2021, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
You don't get it. I DON'T decide because I don't think that way in the first place. If God wants me to see/hear something in a particular Scripture at any given moment, God will see that I do. That's how God breathes the Word into us.

I am not playing the game, sorry.
If you are saying that God, in His time, helps us to understand His Scriptures, I agree with you 100%. But that’s not the topic we’re debating. Either a person believes ALL Scripture is God-breathed, or they believe only some are.

I’m sorry you see the discussion as a game. I assure you, I don’t think of discussing our beliefs in that way. I just happen to be someone who sees every Scripture as God-breathed. If you don’t, I get that. I’m sincerely asking how you decide whether what you read is from God or man. I don’t think you meant to say that God personally tells you what is or what is not from Him.

Miss Mighty, I am not trying to offend you, and if I have, I apologize. I’m honestly trying to figure out why some don’t believe all of the Scriptures are God-breathed.

Old 11-20-2021, 04:37 AM

Please make time in your life to read Psalm 119 in its entirety. It is a blessing, and it will uplift you!

Psalm 119:69
The entirety of Your word is truth,
And every one of Your righteous judgments endures forever.

Old 11-20-2021, 04:43 AM

Acts 17:11
“These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so.”

The Bereans weighed everything they were being taught against the Scriptures. Shouldn’t we do the same?

Old 11-20-2021, 07:39 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times
Quote:
The term inspiration means God-breathed. Paul wrote that all Scripture is inspired. Some say they don’t believe that all Scripture is God-breathed. My question is this:

How does one decide which Scriptures are God-breathed and which are not?.
Well how do you decide which scripture is or is not?

Now before you answer i want you to think about the book of Job and everything Jobs 3 friends said.

Was what they said literally God breathed?

Old 11-20-2021, 07:58 AM

166 posts, read 156,948 times
Quote:
Acts 17:11
“These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so.”

The Bereans weighed everything they were being taught against the Scriptures. Shouldn’t we do the same?
amen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity