Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: More economically relevant state in the future
California 195 56.85%
Texas 148 43.15%
Voters: 343. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 10:18 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,766,936 times

Advertisements

I bet most residents of both states don't even think of Texas VS California stuff at all, except for when a Texas sports team plays against a California sports team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2013, 10:45 PM

572 posts, read 708,739 times
Cell phone. Sorry but you Texans are the ones who come in here and stir this up.

Old 11-17-2013, 10:48 PM

23,461 posts, read 44,074,708 times
Texas has created a far more business friendly environment than California over the past few decades. It gets my vote.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:01 AM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyFries View Post
I bet most residents of both states don't even think of Texas VS California stuff at all, except for when a Texas sports team plays against a California sports team.
They don't. Which makes this hilarious.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:20 PM

4 posts, read 6,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyFries View Post
Nope. In fact, the question of where someone is from doesn't really come into play most of the time in most conversations.

Old 05-20-2014, 11:06 AM

592 posts, read 828,263 times
I lived in Houston for six months. It can hardly be considered an "urban" city. In fact it mostly resembles a giant suburb that makes even Los Angeles look like Manhattan in comparison. The downtown area is pathetic by MOST US standards and can not be compared to the vibrancy of downtown LA, SF, SD, SJ or even downtown Oakland. There is a reason why I paid $500 a month to live in an upper class gated community- and its not because Houston was some amazing place filled with wonders. Texas is cheap for a reason! California is expensive for a reason! And its mostly because Texas isn't a fun or interesting place to be(with the exception of Austin).

In fact I preferred Atlanta to Houston.

Old 05-20-2014, 01:27 PM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
So you bring up old threads to bash a place that you do not prefer? Ridiculous.

Old 05-20-2014, 05:44 PM

2,068 posts, read 2,922,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFNative87 View Post
I lived in Houston for six months. It can hardly be considered an "urban" city. In fact it mostly resembles a giant suburb that makes even Los Angeles look like Manhattan in comparison. The downtown area is pathetic by MOST US standards and can not be compared to the vibrancy of downtown LA, SF, SD, SJ or even downtown Oakland. There is a reason why I paid $500 a month to live in an upper class gated community- and its not because Houston was some amazing place filled with wonders. Texas is cheap for a reason! California is expensive for a reason! And its mostly because Texas isn't a fun or interesting place to be(with the exception of Austin).

In fact I preferred Atlanta to Houston.
Such a contrived and cliche argument, nothing that hasn't been addressed and taken care of before. Seriously, are there clone factories out there where you people are produced?

Old 05-20-2014, 06:09 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,643,055 times
Its far less expensive to do business in Texas, but I don't necessarily see the lack of regulation and taxes as a good thing. It won't take too many more exploding fertilizer factories to scare business off to other states.

Old 05-20-2014, 06:29 PM

854 posts, read 1,482,152 times
I'd say California. California is just reeling through hard times due to the loss of the Cold War military money. Texas is more like the American version of China, that is it's business friendly only because it exploits people and the environment and trust me that stack of cards will fall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City