Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2018, 11:11 AM

617 posts, read 551,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA All Day View Post
On paper, the numbers of cops are pretty close but the actual presence can vary widely by neighborhood. I personally have always felt like cops are far more visible in NY. CPD also seems much less proactive and I've heard it said that many are afraid to get out of their cars (due to safety as well as fear of being recorded doing something excessive).

Chi also has an entrenched culture of banging which doesn't really exist in NY (always more about the money).
True! I was in the Englewood area and jeez I don't think I've ever seen that many cops in one area just patrolling. But then when in other areas of the city I barely saw any cops. So yes, totally agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2018, 08:15 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,654,446 times
MTL now at 16.

Old 08-09-2018, 09:00 PM

3,559 posts, read 2,398,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC2ATL60 View Post
Chicago has TONS of cops. I remember visiting my relative that lives in the Englewood neighborhood and I swear I couldn't go 2 minutes without seeing a cop somewhere. They are literally everywhere it seems, well in the bad areas, and yet the shootings don't stop. Chicago just has a different culture and environment than NYC. What happened in NYC obviously isn't going to work in the Chi. It's a totally different beast.
So where are these cops when people are getting gunned down in a Englewood. Even the murder being solved is low. You would think with all those cops if someone gets killed at least the cops can catch the perp!

Do they leave at night?

Old 08-10-2018, 02:58 AM

832 posts, read 1,254,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
So where are these cops when people are getting gunned down in a Englewood. Even the murder being solved is low. You would think with all those cops if someone gets killed at least the cops can catch the perp!

Do they leave at night?
I would suggest that they are just there for "poster", I mean just to tell the press that they are there but in reality they do not do nothing and honestly, I can not really blame them. I mean you deal everyday with some of the worst human being on earth and you can get sued, protested against, insulted... If one of them scum (we are talking about murderers, gang members...) gets hurt... Stop and frisk...? Get sued... in the end you just back up and let them kill each other.

Old 08-10-2018, 05:54 AM

636 posts, read 611,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
So where are these cops
Sitting in their cars...

Old 08-10-2018, 07:21 PM

93,255 posts, read 123,898,066 times
A very interesting video related to this thread/recent posts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLD5...&feature=share

Old 08-10-2018, 11:49 PM

2,655 posts, read 2,097,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
A very interesting video related to this thread/recent posts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLD5...&feature=share

Chicago World News is more accurate source as in actually talking to people in those communicators and getting feedback. This video and the dozens of others go the extra mile to place it on white supremacists. Yes I do agree there's dirty cops in Chicago ( plenty) and yet so many people get misinformation from conspiracy theorists. Anyone that keeps up with the street scene will have a understanding of what's going on in Chicago.

Old 08-11-2018, 05:34 AM

93,255 posts, read 123,898,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif662 View Post

Chicago World News is more accurate source as in actually talking to people in those communicators and getting feedback. This video and the dozens of others go the extra mile to place it on white supremacists. Yes I do agree there's dirty cops in Chicago ( plenty) and yet so many people get misinformation from conspiracy theorists. Anyone that keeps up with the street scene will have a understanding of what's going on in Chicago.
Ironically, when looking at that source, there are actually comments mentioning some of the things in that video. So, it seems like it isn’t just coming from this one video.

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 08-11-2018 at 05:55 AM..

Old 08-11-2018, 09:22 AM

2,655 posts, read 2,097,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Ironically, when looking at that source, there are actually comments mentioning some of the things in that video. So, it seems like it isn’t just coming from this one video.
The main commentary himself spoken on this in the recent video and seriously doubt that's the case. It's the same individuals in these shootings attacking their opps. It's not a grand conspiracy of white supremacists coming in dress like blacks. I wish some of my folks get off these conspiracy theories.

Old 08-12-2018, 01:24 PM

561 posts, read 514,117 times
Omaha update-

A man fatally shot while pumping gas at a mid town gas station early this morning (a few hours earlier in a separate incident, a man was shot in the parking lot of this same gas station/convenience store)..

Homicide #18 for Omaha thus far in 2018..

Peace...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City