Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2020, 11:31 AM

14,019 posts, read 15,001,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Greely. Boulder is on another level in terms of its economy and things to do.

Is St. Paul, MN more similar to Providence, RI or Ft. Worth, TX?
Fort Worth based on its relationship to the main city in the metro I think Ft Worth-Dallas is more similar in relationship than Providence-Boston is to the Twin cities.

Is Atlanta more similar to DC or Phoenix
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2020, 11:47 AM

14,155 posts, read 9,047,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
Fort Worth based on its relationship to the main city in the metro I think Ft Worth-Dallas is more similar in relationship than Providence-Boston is to the Twin cities.

Is Atlanta more similar to DC or Phoenix
DC. More similar climates, more similar vegetation, both seem faster-paced than Phoenix, and it also seems to me that in Phoenix, everybody is busy selling houses to everyone else, and I can't think of too many other cities whose economies are based on people taking in each other's laundry. Both Atlanta and DC strike me as having stronger metro economies.

Is San Francisco more like Boston or Los Angeles?

Old 12-06-2020, 03:37 PM

899 posts, read 517,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Is San Francisco more like Boston or Los Angeles?
Boston. Los Angeles is far more suburban than Boston, and both San Francisco and Boston are really dense urban.

Is Boston, MA more similar to Manchester, NH, or Newark, NJ?

Old 12-06-2020, 06:20 PM

3,883 posts, read 2,194,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
Boston. Los Angeles is far more suburban than Boston, and both San Francisco and Boston are really dense urban.

Is Boston, MA more similar to Manchester, NH, or Newark, NJ?
Newark. Both are dense and have nice skylines. Is San Antonio more similar to San Diego or Orlando?

Old 12-07-2020, 09:59 AM

1,296 posts, read 1,217,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Newark. Both are dense and have nice skylines. Is San Antonio more similar to San Diego or Orlando?
San Diego. Similar demographics, both share a heavy military presence, particularly in comparison to Orlando.

Is Wichita KS more similar to Des Moines, IA or Omaha, NE?

Old 12-07-2020, 10:19 AM

14,155 posts, read 9,047,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuit_head View Post
San Diego. Similar demographics, both share a heavy military presence, particularly in comparison to Orlando.

Is Wichita KS more similar to Des Moines, IA or Omaha, NE?
This looks familiar....

Frankly, I think Des Moines and Omaha are more like each other than either are like Wichita, but if I had to pick one, it would be Omaha. Both cities are the biggest* ones in wheat-growing states with significant cattle-ranching and meatpacking activity; Iowa grows corn but not wheat.

*Wichita is Kansas' largest city but not its largest urban area. That honor goes to the Kansas side of the Kansas City metropolitan area, home to the state's second- and third-largest cities, Overland Park and Kansas City.

Is University City, Mo., more like Evanston, Ill., or Philadelphia's University City neighborhood?

Old 12-07-2020, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
This looks familiar....

Frankly, I think Des Moines and Omaha are more like each other than either are like Wichita, but if I had to pick one, it would be Omaha. Both cities are the biggest* ones in wheat-growing states with significant cattle-ranching and meatpacking activity; Iowa grows corn but not wheat.

*Wichita is Kansas' largest city but not its largest urban area. That honor goes to the Kansas side of the Kansas City metropolitan area, home to the state's second- and third-largest cities, Overland Park and Kansas City.

Is University City, Mo., more like Evanston, Ill., or Philadelphia's University City neighborhood?
I'm just guessing but I say Evanston since they are both Midwestern and in neighboring states. Is Bay City MI more similar to Duluth MN or Green Bay WI?

Old 12-07-2020, 03:50 PM

899 posts, read 517,468 times
Quote:
I'm just guessing but I say Evanston since they are both Midwestern and in neighboring states. Is Bay City MI more similar to Duluth MN or Green Bay WI?
Duluth because Green Bay never really lost residents. Green Bay is also really urban compared to Bay City and Duluth.

Is Duluth, MN more similar to Fargo, ND, or Rochester, MN?

Old 12-07-2020, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
Duluth because Green Bay never really lost residents. Green Bay is also really urban compared to Bay City and Duluth.

Is Duluth, MN more similar to Fargo, ND, or Rochester, MN?
I said Fargo because they're closer in size. Is Grand Rapids MI more similar to Fort Wayne IN or Madison WI?

Old 12-08-2020, 12:14 PM

9,679 posts, read 9,380,908 times
Quote:
I said Fargo because they're closer in size. Is Grand Rapids MI more similar to Fort Wayne IN or Madison WI?
Madison based on location, things to do, and more developed downtown. Both are also above average on higher education access.

Is Columbia, SC more similar to Huntsville, AL or Chattanooga, TN?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City