Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Mega City Skyline is your favorite?
Chicago 149 41.39%
New York 211 58.61%
Voters: 360. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 02:03 PM

1,437 posts, read 3,074,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu View Post
They talk about dogs almost as much as they talk about pizza. Just try telling a New Yorker that a Chicago dog is better; them's fighting words.
Everyone KNOWS that the hot dogs in NYC are better than in Chicago! NY'ers might talk about them when they're away from NYC, like when they're visiting Chicago. That's just cause they can't find ANY good ones either!

Don't get me started on the SOFT Pretzel's in Chicago either! They're the WORLD'S WORSE! Who told the people in Chicago, that SOFT Pretzel's are suppose to be coated with butter? I gagged on them! Horrible!....

Old 03-24-2009, 02:05 PM

1,066 posts, read 1,560,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dementor View Post
Thanks pittsteelerfan,

Astoningly, life in Chicago revolves around such an absurd topics as hotdogs. Like it was not a matter of persponal preference in the first place. I do not care if some puts peanut butter, why would anybody get so worked up about hotddogs and food in general? I guess there is so little going in Chicago that they have to invent topics like this just to have another "intelligent" conversation. You have to give to Chicago, they surely know who to blow a thing out or proportion.
The same with Obama, since there are virtually no A-list celebrities living in Chicago, Obama is a topic of the day, brought up in every conversation.
I hope it does wonders for Chicago just like it did for Little Rock AR
And NYC is so exciting that here you are averaging almost 500 posts per month. And long-winded posts with links to Wikipedia at that.

I think your schtick is pretty funny kind of. Easy to see through, too.

Old 03-24-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityGuy View Post
Its not but its convenient when im running around i want something quick to snack on.
Absolutely. When I go to Coney Island, I go in the morning. Those lines there can get beyond crazy!....

Old 03-24-2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsteelerfan View Post
Everyone KNOWS that the hot dogs in NYC are better than in Chicago! NY'ers might talk about them when they're away from NYC, like when they're visiting Chicago. That's just cause they can't find ANY good ones either!

Don't get me started on the SOFT Pretzel's in Chicago either! They're the WORLD'S WORSE! Who told the people in Chicago, that SOFT Pretzel's are suppose to be coated with butter? I gagged on them! Horrible!....
Yup because you know everything. How come most people from Pittsburgh want to get the hell out of there? Everybody I met there loathed the city.

Old 03-24-2009, 02:10 PM

Quote:
And NYC is so exciting that here you are averaging almost 500 posts per month. And long-winded posts with links to Wikipedia at that.

I think your schtick is pretty funny kind of. Easy to see through, too.
That could be said about ALL us CD poster's. Most of us are more home-bodies than not. I'm not saying that nobody ever goes out, but come on, people who are always on the go, they don't participate in forums. Especially the amount of time we spend on here.

Old 03-24-2009, 02:18 PM

464 posts, read 1,079,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dementor View Post
Thanks pittsteelerfan,

Astoningly, life in Chicago revolves around such an absurd topics as hotdogs. Like it was not a matter of persponal preference in the first place. I do not care if some puts peanut butter, why would anybody get so worked up about hotddogs and food in general? I guess there is so little going in Chicago that they have to invent topics like this just to have another "intelligent" conversation. You have to give to Chicago, they surely know who to blow a thing out or proportion.
The same with Obama, since there are virtually no A-list celebrities living in Chicago, Obama is a topic of the day, brought up in every conversation.
I hope it does wonders for Chicago just like it did for Little Rock AR
What, are you serious? Because A-List celebrities live in NYC its better? NYC is the nations largest city and has some of the most expensive real estate in the world. Of course they are going to live there...if L.A didn't have Hollywood it wouldn't even be on any Celebs map...whats your point of Celebrities living in a city? You're not even from New York or Chicago. Why are you getting so worked up about this. Why don't you open your door and look outside at the world for once instead of hiding in a closet bashing Chicago. Who do you think you are? Are you sure you didn't replace the "ed" from the end of your name with "or"?

Old 03-24-2009, 02:18 PM

Quote:
That could be said about ALL us CD poster's. Most of us are more home-bodies than not. I'm not saying that nobody ever goes out, but come on, people who are always on the go, they don't participate in forums. Especially the amount of time we spend on here.
So if we're homebodies, then we shouldn't be ripping on a city's culture and how many theatres it has. It's just a ****-athon. Wow, 36 theatres on Broadway...and I go to two shows per year.

Old 03-24-2009, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Yup because you know everything. How come most people from Pittsburgh want to get the hell out of there? Everybody I met there loathed the city.
I guess the "SOFT Pretzel" comment, hit a 'SOFT' spot with you?......

I was one of those Pittsburgh'ers that felt that way!.... Of course now that I'm older, I appreciate Pittsburgh a lot more, and I'm VERY proud that I hail from the Steel City. In case you didn't hear, there was a collaspe of the Steel industry in the late 70's early 80's. Pittsburgh, like Detroit, was dependent on one industry. Hence, no jobs, people left.

P.S. Pittsburgh is the ONLY 'city' that has made EVERY top "Best 20 cities to live in America" since they starting having those lists....

P.S.S. And WHO could forget about America's team, the Pittsburgh Steelers, with their 6 Super Bowl victories!... < 1 for each Super Bowl Ring!

Old 03-24-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
So if we're homebodies, then we shouldn't be ripping on a city's culture and how many theatres it has. It's just a ****-athon. Wow, 36 theatres on Broadway...and I go to two shows per year.
I'm sure everyone on here goes out more than twice a year. Plus, it's not like everyone who lives in NYC posts on CD. Think about, it's basically the same handful of people who post on most these forums, NYC included.

Old 03-24-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
I guess the "SOFT Pretzel" comment, hit a 'SOFT' spot with you?......

I was one of those Pittsburgh'ers that felt that way!.... Of course now that I'm older, I appreciate Pittsburgh a lot more, and I'm VERY proud that I hail from the Steel City. In case you didn't hear, there was a collaspe of the Steel industry in the late 70's early 80's. Pittsburgh, like Detroit, was dependent on one industry. Hence, no jobs, people left.

P.S. Pittsburgh is the ONLY 'city' that has made EVERY top "Best 20 cities to live in America" since they starting having those lists....

P.S.S. And WHO could forget about America's team, the Pittsburgh Steelers, with their 6 Super Bowl victories!... < 1 for each Super Bowl Ring!
No, I hate soft pretzels. it was just a culmination of know-it-all comments.

Pittsburgh's not a bad place, I was just surprised how little pride there is in the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City