Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Mega City Skyline is your favorite?
Chicago 149 41.39%
New York 211 58.61%
Voters: 360. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 01:46 PM

1,066 posts, read 1,560,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityGuy View Post
What was the first capital of the US or better what is the capital of the world?
Irrelevant. I'm not taking the position that Chicago is more important than NYC, but just countering some of the ridiculous accusations by the Chicago haters. You'd think that New Yorkers would be secure enough with their city not to have to bash other cities to make themselves feel better.

Though Demetor is not from NYC...he just wants to be. See his comment on hot dogs in the Seattle vs. Chicago thread.

Old 03-24-2009, 01:49 PM

1,437 posts, read 3,074,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu View Post
Irrelevant. I'm not taking the position that Chicago is more important than NYC, but just countering some of the ridiculous accusations by the Chicago haters. You'd think that New Yorkers would be secure enough with their city not to have to bash other cities to make themselves feel better.

Though Demetor is not from NYC...he just wants to be. See his comment on hot dogs in the Seattle vs. Chicago thread.
I got news for you, in NYC, most people don't discuss "hot dogs". Honestly, they don't. Ya sure, they might go over to Coney Island a few times a year and grab a couple Nathann's hot dogs, but their lives ain't revolving around them.

P.S. I did leave at the street vendor ones, but obviously, even though they're good (WAY better than Chicago's), nobody would consider grabbing a couple dogs from a vendor, the highlight of their day.

Old 03-24-2009, 01:53 PM

1,107 posts, read 3,022,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsteelerfan View Post
I got news for you, in NYC, most people don't discuss "hot dogs". Honestly, they don't. Ya sure, they might go over to Coney Island a few times a year and grab a couple Nathann's hot dogs, but their lives ain't revolving around them.

P.S. I did leave at the street vendor ones, but obviously, even though they're good (WAY better than Chicago's), nobody would consider grabbing a couple dogs from a vendor, the highlight of their day.
Well we do get hotdogs from the street vendors.

Old 03-24-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Well we do get hotdogs from the street vendors.
Are you from Chicago or NYC?

Old 03-24-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
are you from chicago or nyc?
:d NYC :d

Old 03-24-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
They talk about dogs almost as much as they talk about pizza. Just try telling a New Yorker that a Chicago dog is better; them's fighting words.

Old 03-24-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
:d NYC :d
I don't understand your post then? I mentioned the street vendors. You yourself know, that grabbing a hot dog from one ain't the highlight of your day.

Old 03-24-2009, 01:59 PM

1,624 posts, read 3,292,578 times
Quote:

Thanks pittsteelerfan,

Astoningly, life in Chicago revolves around such an absurd topics as hotdogs. Like it was not a matter of persponal preference in the first place. I do not care if some puts peanut butter, why would anybody get so worked up about hotddogs and food in general? I guess there is so little going in Chicago that they have to invent topics like this just to have another "intelligent" conversation. You have to give to Chicago, they surely know who to blow a thing out or proportion.
The same with Obama, since there are virtually no A-list celebrities living in Chicago, Obama is a topic of the day, brought up in every conversation.
I hope it does wonders for Chicago just like it did for Little Rock AR

Old 03-24-2009, 02:01 PM

Quote:
I don't understand your post then? I mentioned the street vendors. You yourself know, that grabbing a hot dog from one ain't the highlight of your day.
Ever see the lines at Kat'z or Gray's?

Old 03-24-2009, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Its not but its convenient when im running around i want something quick to snack on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City