Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Mega City Skyline is your favorite?
Chicago 149 41.39%
New York 211 58.61%
Voters: 360. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 11:03 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,131,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurous1 View Post
(1) I don't find Chicago more handsome than London or New York City. Paris is beautiful, London and New York are both handsome cities. I don't find Chicago attractive. It's OK (Gold Coast). It's clearly far behind New York City and London. Of course, it's my opinion but as far as I'm concerned -- my opinion is the only one that matters.

(2) "Down to earth" is just a poor persons term for "I'm not good enough to run with the advanced social circles in Paris, London, and New York". Lucas, the fine people of Paris you rudely dismiss as "pretenders" aren't pretenders at all -- they're just immaculately dressed and sophisticated, you know...something you would never come across in Chicago.

(3) Dallas is cleaner than Chicago. Orlando is cleaner than Chicago. Houston is Cleaner than Chicago. Podunksvulle, Oklahoma is also cleaner than Chicago. Do you think they are better? In any case, the hotel I stay at in New York -- the Mandarin Oriental @ Columbus Circle is in a amazing, clean, beautiful, happening area and much better than the Peninsula Hotel Chicago's locale.

(4) I don't like your taste in cities. Moscow is a pretty terrible city. It's fun at night, but what an awful place.
You obviously don't run with this crowd or you wouldn't be on city-data posting. And that crowd doesn't need to build up any city. They travel...

Old 03-05-2009, 11:05 PM

Quote:
(1) I don't find Chicago more handsome than London or New York City. Paris is beautiful, London and New York are both handsome cities. I don't find Chicago attractive. It's OK in an American way (Gold Coast). It's clearly far behind New York City and London. Of course, it's my opinion but as far as I'm concerned -- my opinion is the only one that matters.

(2) "Down to earth" is just a poor persons term for "I'm not good enough to run with the advanced social circles in Paris, London, and New York". Lucas, the fine people of Paris you rudely dismiss as "pretenders" aren't pretenders at all -- they're just immaculately dressed and sophisticated, you know...something you would never come across in Chicago. Don't be ridiculous you silly fool, everybody wants to be like us.

(3) Dallas is cleaner than Chicago. Orlando is cleaner than Chicago. Houston is Cleaner than Chicago. Podunksvulle, Oklahoma is also cleaner than Chicago. Do you think they are better? In any case, the hotel I stay at in New York -- the Mandarin Oriental @ Columbus Circle is in a amazing, clean, beautiful, happening area and much better than the Peninsula Hotel Chicago's locale.

(4) I don't like your taste in cities. Moscow is a pretty terrible city. It's fun at night, but what an awful place.

If you live in New York. Why do you need to stay in a hotel?

Old 03-05-2009, 11:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,773,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
You obviously don't run with this crowd or you wouldn't be on city-data posting. And that crowd doesn't need to build up any city. They travel...
Oh, you sad pathetic caricature of the Chicagoan. I came on to city-data to bless and entertain you with my advanced tastes.

Do you think I do this for fun? Let's just call it....charity or "spreading the wealth" i.e. civilizing you.

Avez-vous des questions?

Old 03-05-2009, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Oh, you sad pathetic thing. I came on to city-data to bless and entertain you with my advanced tastes.

You think I do this for fun? Let's just call it....charity work and "spreading the wealth" i.e. civilizing you.

Avez-vous des questions?
I bet you drink your wine with your pinky in the air.

Your too soft to leave Manhatten...let alone live in any other place in the country.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:12 PM

Quote:
If you live in New York. Why do you need to stay in a hotel?
And who told you I lived in New York? I'm stopping New York on the 13th for a few days before I get to Europe. I always look forward to my New York trips.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:13 PM

1,694 posts, read 5,683,258 times
When you said "everybody wants to be like us" I had a good chuckle.
What an obvious way to say "I dont run with the advanced social circles of Ny,Paris and London.(but I do hope you believe me)"

Old 03-05-2009, 11:13 PM

Quote:
I bet you drink your wine with your pinky in the air.

Your too soft to leave Manhatten...let alone live in any other place in the country.
Pinky? What are you talking about?

A finishing school in Europe or on the East Coast of the United States would be very beneficial to you.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden-mind-State View Post
When you said "everybody wants to be like us" I had a good chuckle.
What an obvious way to say "I dont run with the advanced social circles of Ny,Paris and London.(but I do hope you believe me)"
Are you. like. jealous?

Old 03-05-2009, 11:16 PM

Quote:
And who told you I lived in New York? I'm stopping New York on the 13th for a few days before I get to Europe. I always look forward to my New York trips.
You talk as if you live there. Anybody in the city would gladly remind you that you don't know **** about the city unless you live there.

Your so sad

Old 03-05-2009, 11:16 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,664,891 times
Quote:
LOL @ "NYC sucks". You poor uncultured thing.

NYC is a fabulous city, and the skyline is amazing, the architecture is spectacular. The poster 'Spire' is in the minority when he boldy proclaims NYC's skyline is nothing but gray buildings, since according to all the polls re: New York vs. Chicago's skyline, guess who wins? That's right, the Big Apple.

You see, I could pull up a photograph of Chicago, such as this:

And what do we see? A catastrophic mess of gray, bland buildings, empty spaces and general unattractiveness that we could find in....I don't know, Houston.

In any case, I can't say I'm surprised. After all, Spire, TheLordIsOurSavior (or whatever)/LucasS6 live in Chicago. To them, their sad excuse for a park surpasses Central Park and their town even tops even Paris when it comes to grand architecture. What do you expect? They live in the middle of the United States surrounded by cows and farms so I honestly don't blame them for their low-class provincial views and general lack of taste.

Oh, you silly Chicagoans. Cest' la vie!
If you're going for smug continental arrogance, it helps to have the apostrophe in the right place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City