Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 09:05 AM

3,235 posts, read 8,718,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Close minded? I just see very cold weather and long dark days of not being a whole lot of fun that's all, I know there are people that like cold and dark I just can't understand why

Because not everybody thinks like you, thats why. Peole have different opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 10:16 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
There are two seasons where I live.... spring and fall. It's mild all year round, we have a couple of cold days (nowhere near cold enough to snow, though) and a few hot days, but the humidity is low and the beach is a quick jog away.

No thank you to the extremes... no sweat pouring down my face in summer, no snow shoveling in winter. I'll keep my mild seasons

Old 03-20-2009, 10:47 AM

2,943 posts, read 5,076,056 times
I really hate this trend of everybody moving Down South or Out West because they can't handle the cold weather. I fear if everybody lives in the Sun Belt, then the U.S. is going to devolve into a third-world nation. If you look all around the world, the countries with warm climates are the most primitive. Look at Africa, the Caribbean, the South Pacific, the Middle East, etc. The most civilized nations have temperate climates like Japan, Norway, Switzerland, Canada, UK, etc. Look at our own country as an example of this trend. Who do you think is smarter, people from the North or the South?

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitors sites is not allowed

Most Educated States
1. Vermont
2. Connecticut
3. Massachusetts
4. New Jersey
5. Maine
6. Minnesota
7. Virginia
8. Wisconsin
9. Montana
10. New York

Least Educated States
41. Tennessee
42. Hawaii
43. Alabama
44. Alaska
45. Louisiana
46. California
47. Nevada
48. New Mexico
49. Mississippi
50. Arizona

Last edited by Yac; 05-05-2009 at 06:37 AM..

Old 03-20-2009, 10:49 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,034,911 times
jj, while those northerners are cooped up inside their houses doing nothing but over-eating and studying, southererns are barbecuing, chillaxin by the pool, enjoying the sun with some fine ladies, etc. I'll take the southern lifestyle thank you very much!

Old 03-20-2009, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
jj, while those northerners are cooped up inside their houses doing nothing but over-eating and studying, southererns are barbecuing, chillaxin by the pool, enjoying the sun with some fine ladies, etc. I'll take the southern lifestyle thank you very much!
or we go skiing, snowboarding, hockey, ice skating, biking, or a slew of other outdoor activities.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:56 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,034,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garmin239 View Post
or we go skiing, snowboarding, hockey, ice skating, biking, or a slew of other outdoor activities.
you can only be out in that cold for so long before it has adverse effects on your health. with the heat, all u need is some water and maybe some lotion. don't worry about your back, that fine lady in a bikini will help you out. what are you going to do? have a pretty girl wearing a marshmellow suit buckle up your skis?

Old 03-20-2009, 11:00 AM

8,289 posts, read 23,115,233 times
Quote:
Let's be honest here, most people even in the north don't go outside everyday after work. Skiing, snowboarding and etc... is usually done on the weekends and still it's not every weekend it's a once in a while kind of thing. People let's not forget that to go snowboarding its at least $35 on weekdays and $50 on weekends.

Old 03-20-2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
you can only be out in that cold for so long before it has adverse effects on your health. with the heat, all u need is some water and maybe some lotion. don't worry about your back, that fine lady in a bikini will help you out. what are you going to do? have a pretty girl wearing a marshmellow suit buckle up your skis?

you see, they have these crazy new inventions called coats. They protect you against the cold. I've spent entire days outside without an problems.

Old 03-20-2009, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Let's be honest here, most people even in the north don't go outside everyday after work. Skiing, snowboarding and etc... is usually done on the weekends and still it's not every weekend it's a once in a while kind of thing. People let's not forget that to go snowboarding its at least $35 on weekdays and $50 on weekends.

And you know this how? Did you take a poll? Are you a mind reader? I see people out in parks on a daily basis in the winter. I see cross country skiers. I see mountain bikers. I see people walking their dogs. Many people do things like this on a daily basis.

Old 03-20-2009, 11:11 AM

2,943 posts, read 5,076,056 times
Quote:
First of all, Southerners are typically way fatter than people in the North. Secondly, what you described sounds like a rap video and not reality. Why are you posting on this stupid forum in the first place if you have beautiful bikini-clad women applying sunscreen and serving you Southern BBQ, poolside?

And why does your location read "The North" if you supposedly prefer the Southern lifestyle?

Quote:
There's a thing called a season pass, that makes those activities more affordable. It's very common for people in Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, and Montana to go skiing or snowboarding several times in a week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City