Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2009, 02:46 PM

1,576 posts, read 5,352,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newarkbomb View Post
Makes me wanna visit in Christmas!
Sure is beautiful during the Christmas Season! There's a video on youtube that showcases some of Buffalo's Christmas decor and atmosphere -
YouTube - Christmas Tree Lighting in downtown BUFFALO, NEW YORK!!! - it's kinda long and boring, but the scenes in it are pretty nice.

Got any Newark winter pics?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 11:38 AM

1,066 posts, read 2,254,313 times
Bring on the heat. It is just starting to get warm here in Tempe. Barely hitting 100 most days. Can't wait until July and August when it is 110+ with high humidity from the monsoons. We do have four seasons, it is just our winter is like the summers back east. If we need to cool off, the mountains up north are only a 2-3 hour drive and San Diego is only an hour away by plane. It can't get much nicer.

I originally lived in Chicago for 23 years and have been in Tempe for 30+. Best move I ever made.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:09 PM

2,943 posts, read 5,083,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djames9 View Post
That's just really stupid to put up and actually it's really immature too.

North and south has nothing to do with how smart some one is Individually. You can Motivate yourself to be really Incredibly Smart and live in the Middle of the Amazon Rain Forest. It's all about how you apply yourself and you don't have to be just book smart to be considered "smart"... Im sorry but that's just beyond shallow minded.

There's People that live in Bad Crime Ridden Gang Infested Areas of some major cities of the Northeast, Southeast, Midwest, West...Doesn't matter and they can be Way Way more smarter when it comes to Street Smarts and sometimes that's more Important...that just being Book Smart.. and if you have Both your pretty much Unstoppable.
Judging by your grammar and punctuation skills, I assume you must belong in the "Street Smarts[sic]" category.

Old 06-04-2009, 01:41 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,079,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
I know why you like cold b/c you don't like sun? let me ask you this. If you had to chose one season for the rest of your life what season would it be? my guess is most people in the world would chose summer.

I would want to choose Winter.I couldn't stand walking out to the car and back and end up drenching in sweat. I would much rather walk out to the car and back and have my glasses fog up.

Old 06-04-2009, 02:54 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,208,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djames9 View Post
That's just really stupid to put up and actually it's really immature too.

North and south has nothing to do with how smart some one is Individually. You can Motivate yourself to be really Incredibly Smart and live in the Middle of the Amazon Rain Forest. It's all about how you apply yourself and you don't have to be just book smart to be considered "smart"... Im sorry but that's just beyond shallow minded.

There's People that live in Bad Crime Ridden Gang Infested Areas of some major cities of the Northeast, Southeast, Midwest, West...Doesn't matter and they can be Way Way more smarter when it comes to Street Smarts and sometimes that's more Important...that just being Book Smart.. and if you have Both your pretty much Unstoppable.
Sure, but I do however think it's interesting how education is in colder Northern climates compared to warmer Southern climates. Not just in the US, but in the world in general.

Not to say that I'm arguing on the side of the other guy. I get an odious feeling about his posts.

Old 06-04-2009, 05:14 PM

1,263 posts, read 4,013,784 times
Don't understand either. But I think weather is just one factor of evaluating a city. Most people are more concerned about jobs, cost of living, family roots, etc. Once they are in a city, they usually start to brag about how great the city is, despite the weather problem. I will move to a warmer place in a heatbeat after my study is done here in the Twin Cities. IMHO, the weather here really causes other problems for the city to progress in the long run.

Quote:
I can't believe for the life of me why people would want to live in the north. IE Twin Cities, Milwaukee, Detroit, Cleveland and so on. NY and CHI are such nice cities that winter doesn't matter or that you have so much going on in NYC, and Chicago that you just put up with the weather. I love Milwaukee more than any other city I have been to. Winter is terrible I can't believe people actually like shoveling a foot of snow every two weeks and the cold and dark days, you might as well live in Alaska. Why not live somewhere where people go on vacation, family you ask what are you going to cry every minute you can't see your aunts and uncles and parents. I hate winter and I know I'm just whining but when people tell me they like winter I also think they would like sleeping on a bed of nails too. I can't comprehend that when people tell me they like snow and cold and dark days and change of seasons. For me it's like trying to understand a Korean math problem. Nobody in there right mind I believe enjoys bad weather, these must be the people who love to be miserable. I'm moving to SD or Miami when the wife graduates grad school. Winter is the devils summer. I just don't believe you when you say I enjoy winter! yeah and I enjoy a hammer hitting my toes!!!

Old 06-04-2009, 06:09 PM

8,295 posts, read 23,144,587 times
Quote:
I get an odious feeling about his posts.
Why? b/c I prefer San Diego weather to Milwaukee weather and I have a hard time anyone would rather be freezing when you could be in perfect weather.

Old 06-04-2009, 06:39 PM

37,267 posts, read 39,557,895 times
Sounds like you all should take the list of things you want together and move to the Denver area. Four distinctive seasons, winters with sunlight and snow, summers without mugginess and oppressive heat, and almost no long stretches of extreme heat or cold.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:05 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,079,444 times
In Summer you could never do this

Pokagon State Park--Angola,Indiana

Old 06-04-2009, 07:42 PM

2,943 posts, read 5,083,631 times
Quote:
Why? b/c I prefer San Diego weather to Milwaukee weather and I have a hard time anyone would rather be freezing when you could be in perfect weather.
Hoarfrost was referring to me not you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City