Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2009, 11:05 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,949,028 times

Advertisements

lol I would rather leave the country than live in 80% of the country. I say that mostly because I really love England and Ireland.

Old 07-05-2009, 11:27 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,656,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
But you have to remember that Realtors on here like to keep things like that a secret. Florida Realtors are starving right now, why do you think they are on city data instead of out there showing properties. The gig is up for Florida and they cant accept it. All I can say to them is that they better get used to it and their empty condo towers.
While some Realtors may be having a down time with the current state of the market not all of us are.

I usually find the posters on here that start posting about how Realtors are starving, etc. are the ones that have the least going for them. The last one that was doing that was maikng about $100 a week as a waiter.

Old 07-05-2009, 11:30 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,656,534 times
I am sure I can find as many about PA as you can for Fla. What is the point?

Pennsylvania Sucks /81009/

PA Sucks - Pennsylvania News, Not News, and other interesting items.

Old 07-05-2009, 01:05 PM

7,271 posts, read 10,607,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loillon892 View Post

When I was living in Pittsburgh, I used to hear young elitist "urban snob" types all the time talk about how "livable" that city and state was, and how they would rather leave the country than live in a "soul-less" Sun Belt boomtown (to those types, I learned that old buildings, decaying infrastructure, exorbitant taxation, narrow car-unfriendly streets, and freezing weather equals "livable".) But as I've said time and time again, most people don't seem to agree with them. It has nothing to do with cost, because Pennsylvania is one of the cheapest states in the Northeast. People leave Pennsylvania for greener pastures, as I did, because they seek a better quality of life and better economic opportunities.
Interestingly enough, Florida now has unemployment and foreclosure rates above the national average, while Pennsylvania's rank below -- in which case I wouldn't exactly refer to Florida as "greener pastures."

Foreclosure Rankings:

Florida: #2 (2.002%)
Pennsylvania: #34 (.302%)

US: (1.03%)

States ranked by foreclosure rates - MSN Real Estate

Unemployment Rankings:

Florida: #39 (10.2%)
Pennsylvania: #23 (8.2%)

US: (>10%)

Local Area Unemployment Statistics Home Page

Pennsylvania did not undergo the same "booms" that Florida did, but I'd much rather live in state that commits to sustainable growth and doesn't "bust" during recessions. We must also keep in mind that low growth =/= no growth, and economic stability is FAR more attractive to most people looking for a place to live.

Last edited by Duderino; 07-05-2009 at 01:15 PM..

Old 07-05-2009, 02:43 PM

2,413 posts, read 5,752,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
It's funny how the Floridians are basically the only ones on this forum to say anything negative about PA. Most people have nothing but positives to say about there.
You should read the entire thread first. Most floridians have not bashed PA like FL has been bashed. They might have compared a negative in FL with one of PA like Hot vs cold related deaths. But your blinders are on and you have failed to see it from both ways due to your bias against FL.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:14 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,535,386 times
Post # 264 has a point about the very fast growth, that Florida has experienced.....it can lead to high crime rates and instability among the diverse residents of Florida. I can really only speak of Sarasota...but I too prefer stability over the continual high growth rate...I am used to knowing and at least helping my neighbors(even if I really do not care for them) I guess it is a Pennsylvania thing. And I noticed most people from Tampa seem happy...maybe it is different there???I know it seldom rains here on Sarasota's coast...Tampa is much "greener"...PEACE

Old 07-05-2009, 03:16 PM

258 posts, read 325,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
I am sure I can find as many about PA as you can for Fla. What is the point?

Pennsylvania Sucks /81009/

PA Sucks - Pennsylvania News, Not News, and other interesting items.
I will give you this Mike, I'd much rather be in Weeki Watchie then Orlando, at least it has some remnants of Old Florida whichis 1,ooo,ooo more appealing than new Florida with its epicenter being Orlando.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Post # 264 has a point about the very fast growth, that Florida has experienced.....it can lead to high crime rates and instability among the diverse residents of Florida. I can really only speak of Sarasota...but I too prefer stability over the continual high growth rate...I am used to knowing and at least helping my neighbors(even if I really do not care for them) I guess it is a Pennsylvania thing. And I noticed most people from Tampa seem happy...maybe it is different there???I know it seldom rains here on Sarasota's coast...Tampa is much "greener"...PEACE
He does have a good point. That is why Florida has so many problems. Growing to fast. Im willing to admit that. But there is a reason why it has grown so fast for so long that people don't give Florida any credit for.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:29 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,535,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post
He does have a good point. That is why Florida has so many problems. Growing to fast. Im willing to admit that. But there is a reason why it has grown so fast for so long that people don't give Florida any credit for.
True......and Tampa seems better than Sarasota...it is full of rich, uneducated snobs...and everyone else plays second fiddle...also a very racially segregated city. It is like one huge gated community and no regular people are allowed or welcomed. Remember Sarasota has won MEANEST CITY in the country for a few years now...LOL... Take care... DO NOT misunderstand...I just reread my post....I am talking about Sarasota being snobish...etc. NOT Tampa...you seem nice.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
True......and Tampa seems better than Sarasota...it is full of rich, uneducated snobs...and everyone else plays second fiddle...also a very racially segregated city. It is like one huge gated community and no regular people are allowed or welcomed. Remember Sarasota has won MEANEST CITY in the country for a few years now...LOL... Take care...
I've been there only once or twice. It was really nice from what I remember, But I was only near the water, and that seems to be the case in a lot of Florida cities, esp Miami. I missed the bad parts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City