Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2015, 03:02 PM

183 posts, read 326,515 times

Advertisements

Crime is on the rise everywhere especially home break ins in the Raleigh area.I have 2 dogs who are better then any alarm system lol.Will be moving in March the first and wondering the approx. cost of flood insurance in Fairfield.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2015, 09:27 PM

120 posts, read 233,634 times
The premium for flood insurance is based on the "first finished floor" elevation and the amount of coverage you want. If my memory is working the max for house coverage is $250K. There is also content coverage up to 100K, I think. Just to get in the ballpark, think in terms of $600 to maybe $800 a year depending primarily on the answer to the elevation question. Flood insurance is a FEMA program that your insurance agent writes for you. It is separate from any other insurance and you are billed directly by FEMA annually. The more expensive insurance will be general home owners with storm coverage. As I mentioned in the past make sure you can get the coverage as few companies write in this area. You maybe able to get grandfathered by your current underwriter if you stay with the same underwriter. Check this out if you have not locked this coverage down.

Pete Drez

Old 02-09-2015, 06:49 AM

Just beginning the process today and thanks for your insight.I hope to be using State Farm .My realtor gave me the agents information in New Bern and I have auto through them so hoping to keep it all in one place

Old 02-09-2015, 06:41 PM

I am also insured by State Farm, and if you have no data to use selecting an agent, I use Bill Autry and have been pleased with his service.

Pete Drez

Old 03-04-2015, 12:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,510 times
Mr Drez, I am a timeshare owner at FFH in sand castle cove and village, two weeks per year. Is it possible I could talk to you about an issue I am struggling to understand?
Pls reply to my email address oshiegirl@gmail.com
I will send you my phone number via email
Thanks for your time.
I'm very sure something is happening here which is questionable. Would like your opinion

Old 03-12-2015, 08:28 AM

Seems like a good time for an update on FFH, as I assess the situation.

The annual uniform assessment has been announced by the POA and for the first time the amount exceeds $1000. About $850 of that is due on 5/1/2015, and the remainder is basically a contingency that the POA believes it is free to bill should certain expenses be experienced. This assessment has more than doubled in the past 6 years, with large amounts of the increases going to architects for plans that were and never will be used, for attorneys to pursue the dreams of a few, with no results other than making the attorneys more wealthy, for attorney fees to tighten the desired death grip of the POA on its members, and to a bloated staff, who have yet to get anything productive accomplished.

The POA has foreclosed on 100 undeveloped lots and 2 houses, as I have been informed. All, to my knowledge, are for failure to pay annual assessments.

Real estate values continue to decline. Those interested can take a look at Zillow: Real Estate, Apartments, Mortgage & Home Values in the US and enter zip code 28560. Then enter the address 902 Coral Reef Dr., this is the POA office in the center of the community. Next keep clicking on the "+" on the displayed map until it transforms into an aerial photo. Now just select a property of interest to see details on the right hand side of the screen. Many including myself do not have a lot of confidence in the absolute numbers, but after selecting a property, if you scroll down on the right hand side you will see a historical graph of value over time. Again, absolute numbers are less important than the trend illustrated by the graph. BTW, this service is widely available for other areas that may interest you.

The general appearance of the community continues to slowly decline. Lets all hope that as Spring sets in property owners will spruce up their property, for a highly needed improvement in curb appeal.

The residents and their negative attitude towards each other holds steady, with behavior most often attributed to young girls in a school yard. Almost all property owners have someone else they blame for the decline of our mutual asset. These attitudes are the single largest problem for the community, in my opinion.

Adding to the negatives among residents is the ever increasing number of property owners trapped in their homes as their financial investment evaporates before their eyes, and selling at these prices is a non starter.

I will try to factually answer any questions from the group. I need to emphasize that in this posting I have offered many opinions, so be sure to distinguish between the facts and opinions.

Hope everyone survived winter and is enjoying the thaw.

Pete Drez

Old 03-17-2015, 08:25 AM

Just a quick post on security. Check posting #190 for some background.

The FFH POA has a Community Center for use of the members on a reservation basis. Recently the POA updated the old fashion CRT TV with a new large flat panel. Next thing we hear is the new TV has been stolen. But the POA is not deterred, they buy another flat panel TV to replace the stolen one. I suspect you know the next sentence. Yes, the second flat panel TV has been stolen out of the Community Center. Would be funny, if it was not so sad for this community. As for Bogey1 who leaves her doors open on her house, well maybe there is nothing worth taking in her house. Or she just lacks good judgment.

Pete Drez

Old 03-18-2015, 10:58 AM

Is someone breaking in or are the doors not locked?Sounds like someone has knowledge that the TV'S are being replaced and helping themselves.

Old 03-18-2015, 04:31 PM

The doors are locked and the key is controlled by Security. You must get the key by signing it out at the security shack and must return it when done. You are not allowed to pass it on to the next user, if there is one. It must be returned to Security. I understand that the process has very recently been changed, and a security officer must now physically unlock and lock the facility. Members are no longer allowed to handle the key. I believe that the two tv's walked prior to the new procedure.

Pete Drez

Old 03-18-2015, 06:39 PM

Ok that is interesting to say the least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina