Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2014, 06:20 AM

120 posts, read 233,815 times

Advertisements

Bogey1, in case you failed to noticed the Parade is a POA event, the Holiday dinner is a POA event, and the Yacht Club events belong to the Yacht Club. All my data is sourced from these organization. As for how I use my time, I am flattered your watch me so closely, but accuracy still counts and you are wrong again. May I suggest you get a life rather than obsessing over me. I will stop now because it appears to me you did not even bother to proof read your post.

Pete Drez
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2014, 02:38 PM

7 posts, read 27,090 times
Default Keep Smiling--and paying

"Both sides, per the court decision, paid their own expenses inclusive of everything. They call that a draw where I come from."
A draw??? You paid thousands to your attorney and the people you sued paid nothing more than the same dues you paid to pay the insurance premium on the policy that paid their attorneys. So you paid part of both sides! If that pleases you, keep smiling.

Old 12-11-2014, 03:07 PM

7 posts, read 27,090 times
Default Correction

"Bogey1, in case you failed to noticed the Parade is a POA event, the Holiday dinner is a POA event, and the Yacht Club events belong to the Yacht Club. All my data is sourced from these organization. As for how I use my time, I am flattered your watch me so closely, but accuracy still counts and you are wrong again. May I suggest you get a life rather than obsessing over me. I will stop now because it appears to me you did not even bother to proof read your post."
Actually, the parade was sponsored by the Cooperative Business Council of Fairfield Harbour which includes most of the local businesses who support a unified cooperative community. You can see some photos here on the CBCFH web site of people having a good time.
Fairfield Harbour Business Council, New Bern, NC, CBCFH.com

And I will stop now because it appears to me you did not even bother to proof read your post: "I am flattered your watch me." Shouldn't "these organization" be plural? And by the way, "proofread" is one word. If you are going to criticize and hold others to your standard, please apply that standard to yourself.

Clearly, it is you who needs to "get a life" and stop slamming people for typos that you yourself make, like we all do. Why don't you fire up your boat and actually do something fun? When did it last move?

Old 12-14-2014, 08:50 AM

FHSailor, let me first acknowledge a missing "s" and an extra "r" in my posting. I will do better in the future and hope that all will follow my example. I do believe you are wrong on "proof read". I believe the English language allow for both one word and two. If you disagree please point me to a reference that specified only one word is permissible!

Now lets tick down your views. Return on investment is in the eyes of the persons making the investment. My view is that the Plaintiff's return on investment turned out to be different from that intended in the beginning, but at the same time far superior. Just think of how many bright red shirt members packed their belongings and headed for far away places. Then add in the additional bright red shirt members that would love to leave if financially able in the current market. And do not forget to throw in a long gone community manager.

From the very web site you recommended, "Larry Knapp, POA president and Mystre Van Horn, community manager MCed the parade....". Mystre' Van Horn was the original organizer of the idea and group. Getting the drift yet on who has the power in the group?

Like many others in Fairfielf Harbour, your posts indicate to me that your life is Fairfield Harbour. I happen to have a life, that includes Fairfield Harbour, among many other important interest of mine. As yes, one of those interest is our boat and knowing at any time we can fire it up and go where we please, returning when we please. Retirement is awesome, I am having the time of my life.

And once again I am flattered by another Pete Drez watcher. I have Bogey1 watching what I do inside my house and now I have you watching the movement of my boat. Both of you folks really need to get a life.

Pete Drez

Old 12-14-2014, 09:06 PM

39 posts, read 126,124 times
Default Keep working on that proofreading!

Your assurance that you "will do better" in the future hasn't quite panned out, although I'm sure you're trying. May I suggest Strunk & White's Elements of Style?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteDrez View Post
FHSailor, let me first acknowledge a missing "s" and an extra "r" in my posting. I will do better in the future and hope that all will follow my example. I do believe you are wrong on "proof read". I believe the English language allow for both one word and two. If you disagree please point me to a reference that specified only one word is permissible! Merriam-Webster is just one; The Oxford English Dictionary is another. proofread: definition of proofread in Oxford dictionary (British & World English)

Now lets tick down your views. Return on investment is in the eyes of the persons making the investment. My view is that the Plaintiff's return on investment turned out to be different from that intended in the beginning, but at the same time far superior. Just think of how many bright red shirt members packed their belongings and headed for far away places. Then add in the additional bright red shirt members that would love to leave if financially able in the current market. You wish, but not true, in the least.
And do not forget to throw in a long gone community manager. Actually, we've had four, all long gone. And just how does this apply to anything?

From the very web site you recommended, "Larry Knapp, POA president and Mystre Van Horn, community manager MCed the parade....". Mystre' Van Horn was the original organizer of the idea and group. Getting the drift yet on who has the power in the group? But, you're evading. Your statement was incorrect.

Like many others in Fairfielf Harbour, your posts indicate to me that your life is Fairfield Harbour. I happen to have a life, that includes Fairfield Harbour, among many other important interest of mine. As yes, one of those interest is our boat and knowing at any time we can fire it up and go where we please, returning when we please. Retirement is awesome, I am having the time of my life.

And once again I am flattered by another Pete Drez watcher. I have Bogey1 watching what I do inside my house and now I have you watching the movement of my boat. Both of you folks really need to get a life.

Pete Drez

Old 12-15-2014, 08:18 PM

OK, I have played along with FHSailor and Bogey1 long enough recently, to make the point that is all so important to anyone considering Fairfield Harbour for a residence. I know that these recent exchanges have been of no value to those who have no investment in Fairfield Harbour but may be considering one. And those are the people that should expect to see some value in the postings.

In the past I have mentioned on multiple occasions that the problem in our community is not the actual real property or anything associated with it. I have strongly suggested that the real problem is a bunch of old folks with nothing to do but complain and annoy fellow property owners. I believe FHSailor and Bogey1 have proven my case. Who wants to live in a community where a neighbor who lives no where near you is tracking what you do in your office and publicly passes judgement on such uses. How about another who also lives no where near you who tracks your activity on your boat and passes public judgement on that. If that is attractive to anyone come on over. There are far more than two who are wasting their lives tracking others, trying to associate themselves with others who have had more successful lives, trying to blame others for their failures, and even others no longer in position to do anything else but sit around and complain.

I experienced another facet of the problem when I had a property owner call last week and ask to come over to my house immediately to discuss how he has lost everything financially with Fairfield Harbour investments and fears social security will not suffice for him to survive. He was searching for someone to listen and someone who might have some ideas as to how to turn the community around. We talked for over an hour.

Thus I will conclude my exchange of "private bickering" on this forum, but still engage in factual subjects of value by any author. Even at Christmas and other holidays, the angry old people remain old and angry.

Pete Drez

Old 12-23-2014, 04:27 PM

To update all on the recent issues discussed concerning Fairfield Harbour, here are the results reported publicly:

1) The POA Annual Holiday Dinner was cut back to one night instead of two due to lack of ticket sales.

2) The participation level in the FFH Yacht Club Holiday Flotilla was once again around 15 boats.

3) The latest Midsouth bankruptcy court session, yesterday, reportedly provided no improvement in the very poor positioning of the POA to collect on a 2008 court cash judgement.

4) The POA salaried Community Manager, contracted from CAS, Inc., announced that she and her daughter are changing their residential location to an undisclosed location outside of Fairfield Harbour, for reasons of "peace of mind".

So goes the season of joy in Fairfield Harbour.

Pete Drez

Old 12-27-2014, 02:27 PM

39 posts, read 126,124 times
Default Fairfield Harbour bankruptcy info

And so, the angry old man goes on!

For a report on the Bankruptcy Court hearing in Greenville on Monday, 12/22/14, please see FHFACTS.ORG Home and click on Breaking News. The article was written by someone who actually cared enough to attend.

Old 01-06-2015, 07:22 AM

For anyone interested in actual newspaper coverage of the background behind the amenity situation, take a look at: Amenity owner. By way of appropriate disclosure the County Compass is a weekly local paper and the reporter is a property owner and resident of Fairfield Harbour.

Pete Drez

Old 01-09-2015, 07:51 AM

As those that follow this thread know, I have repeatedly strongly suggested that the core problem with Fairfield Harbour is many of the people who reside here and not the actual real estate, except for deferred maintenance of private property that has lost significant market value.

The purpose of this posting is to offer an additional factual example for your consideration. The POA distributed the following via email on 12/01/14 ( I have removed all names in the text, but no other modifications):

FAIRFIELD HARBOUR COMMUNITY TREE

December 1, 2014

On November 4, 2002, the Fairfield Harbour Community planted a “Tree of Strength” in honor of those whose lives were lost on 9/11. Unfortunately, during Hurricane Irene in 2011, this tree was damaged but still stands strong.

In the tradition of a “Charlie Brown Christmas” we would like to “spruce up” the tree and give it some much deserved TLC. We ask community members to craft and donate ornaments of any religious theme that will be placed on the Cypress Tree located behind the main guard station parking area, Residents who wish to have their ornaments returned after the Christmas Holiday, will have their ornaments marked with their information for return. The association will not be responsible for damaged ornaments that the homeowner wishes to have returned.

Ornaments should be crafted to withstand the winter weather in the harbour. We highly encourage the children of Fairfield Harbour to craft ornaments that will be displayed for their viewing as you enter the shoreline area of the community through the main gate.

Ornaments will be collected from December 1, 2014 through December 22, 2014 and will be returned on January 5, 2015.

This project was developed by our Management Assistant as a way to allow the community to contribute to the Christmas and various cultures of decorating by providing a focal point at the main entrance to showcase the community’s involvement and talents.

So bring your ornaments to the POA Office during the hours of 830am to 430pm, Monday through Friday and watch the spirit decorate our “Tree of Strength”.

Sincerely,
Com munity Manager
CAS Inc

Mana! gement A ssistant
CAS Inc.

Facility Operations Manager
CAS Inc.

I pass this tree multiple times on most days. From 12/01/14 through 12/23/14 I did not see a single ornament on the tree and I made it a point to take a good look as I drove past. What does this say about community spirit? I will leave it to the reader to decide.

Happy New Year

Pete Drez
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina