Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2012, 08:12 AM

21,769 posts, read 28,102,272 times

Advertisements

Merritt would've been fine this morning if it weren't for 2 fender benders I came across. Seriously, why is it OK to block the entire left lane for a minor accident? Why aren't these people being directed off the road to do their paperwork and whatnot? Ridiculous.

Also, yesterday morning 2 mowing signal vehicles (why you need 2 huge dump trucks to signal mowing is beyond me) blocked BOTH lanes right next to each other going 30MPH for at least 3 exits. Why is that allowed??? What is the point? To cause more traffic? There wasn't even any mowing going on. WTF?

Old 07-10-2012, 10:25 AM

885 posts, read 1,882,302 times
My friend just posted this to face book! Saying:

"Normally I have a lot of respect for tractor trailer truck drivers. Not this one. He's driving on the Merritt parkway and under every bridge is coming to a stop smack in the middle of both lanes. I watched him drive under 2 bridges and he still proceeded to pass by the next 2 exits. Now that I'm past him I really hope the ****er gets himself stuck."

Old 07-10-2012, 12:17 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,208,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Merritt would've been fine this morning if it weren't for 2 fender benders I came across. Seriously, why is it OK to block the entire left lane for a minor accident? Why aren't these people being directed off the road to do their paperwork and whatnot? Ridiculous.

Also, yesterday morning 2 mowing signal vehicles (why you need 2 huge dump trucks to signal mowing is beyond me) blocked BOTH lanes right next to each other going 30MPH for at least 3 exits. Why is that allowed??? What is the point? To cause more traffic? There wasn't even any mowing going on. WTF?
Agree with this 150% !!!!!

BTW, this morning on Merritt SB around Westport, I passed a girl with bright neon green sunglasses in the right lane going slower and as I passed, she was smoking weed out of a pipe. Really? You cant wait?
Around New Canaan, I was in left lane coming up on a car going slow....around 50.....while everyone was doing 60-70......I went around him because he seemed oblivious.......and he was! He was driving under the speed limit in the left lane,looking down and reading notes from a binder!!!! Unreal.......

Old 07-10-2012, 01:55 PM

21,630 posts, read 31,226,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdealerguy View Post
BTW, this morning on Merritt SB around Westport, I passed a girl with bright neon green sunglasses in the right lane going slower and as I passed, she was smoking weed out of a pipe. Really? You cant wait?

Old 07-11-2012, 01:34 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,427,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazah1080 View Post

"Normally I have a lot of respect for tractor trailer truck drivers. Not this one. He's driving on the Merritt parkway and under every bridge is coming to a stop smack in the middle of both lanes. I watched him drive under 2 bridges and he still proceeded to pass by the next 2 exits. Now that I'm past him I really hope the ****er gets himself stuck."

Like that Delaware plate on the light-colored car at the right of the photo; I hope to have one of those on my car in the near future.

Old 07-11-2012, 01:39 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,427,256 times
Thumbs up took my first ride on the new Pearl Harbor Bridge yesterday

I was in Hamden and going back to East Haven and decided to take the new bridge. I got on the Route 34 connector and there was an overhead sign warning of a delay. Traffic was crawling onto the new bridge. There was a lane closed off by big orange barrels. Well it wouldn't be CT without orange barrels or cones, would it? The pavement right now is white, like cement or concrete, not black-topped, at least not yet. The pavement was a big improvement over the old bridge, which was covered with potholes and craters. The pavement may have been nicer, but the drive was just as bad as over the previous bridge. Guess we can never build enough roads to keep up with traffic.

Old 07-12-2012, 01:23 PM

34,948 posts, read 56,980,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiree2011 View Post
I was in Hamden and going back to East Haven and decided to take the new bridge. I got on the Route 34 connector and there was an overhead sign warning of a delay. Traffic was crawling onto the new bridge. There was a lane closed off by big orange barrels. Well it wouldn't be CT without orange barrels or cones, would it? The pavement right now is white, like cement or concrete, not black-topped, at least not yet. The pavement was a big improvement over the old bridge, which was covered with potholes and craters. The pavement may have been nicer, but the drive was just as bad as over the previous bridge. Guess we can never build enough roads to keep up with traffic.
That is because it is still under construciton. You were only going over half of the new bridge. The other half will be built where the old bridge currently stands. The lane close don Route 34 is so they can rebuild the I-95/I-91/Route 34 interchange. Give it time, it will get better. Jay

Old 07-12-2012, 01:24 PM

21,769 posts, read 28,102,272 times
Aren't they going to surface the concrete with asphalt eventually? I thought the bare concrete was just temporary.

Old 07-12-2012, 03:44 PM

519 posts, read 744,333 times
Doesn't concrete road surfaces last longer then asphalt?

Old 07-12-2012, 03:46 PM

519 posts, read 744,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazah1080 View Post

I've only seen one truck get on the parkway back in Bridgeport.. however I've seen many of chartered buses get on the parkway for some reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut