Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2016, 08:41 AM

34,918 posts, read 56,910,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumpDay View Post
They should've known better. Almost all projects like these are somehow overbudget. The plans get revised all the time. I'm honestly surprised the Interstate 84 Waterbury Project isn't over budget at this point. Something always happens, especially if it's in New Haven and Hartford.
The I-84 project is a Connecticut DOT project and has nothing to do with the cities they are located in. DOT does a lot of projects like I-84 so they know how to control costs. Cities like Hartford do not do these types of projects often and do not do enough pre planning and design so they always end up with expensive changes. I am not aware of any New Haven projects that have gone significantly over budget. Their last major transportation project was the first phase of the Downtown Crossing project and that was within budget as far as I know. Even the massive Q Bridge project is within budget set for it when construction began but again it is a CTDOT project. Jay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2016, 08:09 AM

Ridership on CTfastrak continues to grow with almost a 23% jump in ridership from last July. That is more than 80,000 more riders. Let's hope this trend continues. Jay

CTfastrak July ridership sees boost in use | HartfordBusiness.com

Old 08-31-2016, 08:58 AM

2,005 posts, read 2,087,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Ridership on CTfastrak continues to grow with almost a 23% jump in ridership from last July. That is more than 80,000 more riders. Let's hope this trend continues. Jay

Id like to see where this information comes from. Seems to me like "state officials" are obsessed with making this out to be a huge success by fudging numbers, which is no surprise given how they do it in other instances..

Old 08-31-2016, 09:05 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,488,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoo342 View Post
Id like to see where this information comes from. Seems to me like "state officials" are obsessed with making this out to be a huge success by fudging numbers, which is no surprise given how they do it in other instances..
Come on that's not true...
Remember how Malloy said we had this massive surplus a year or so ago. So good in fact we are all getting $55 checks. Not sure if you received it yet, but mine, they told me, is in the mail.

the buses I see are mainly empty, and yes I get stuck at the light near Francis street in Hartford to let the buses pass and granted some are full, but most have between 10 and 15 people on them. My guess is that the 8am buses are packed and so are the 5pm buses but between those hours it's slow. Which is normal.

Old 08-31-2016, 09:07 AM

2,005 posts, read 2,087,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_250 View Post
Come on that's not true...
Remember how Malloy said we had this massive surplus a year or so ago. So good in fact we are all getting $55 checks. Not sure if you received it yet, but mine, they told me, is in the mail.
Exactly.... every time I've seen one of these buses it has maybe 4-5 people on it.

What a damn joke

Old 08-31-2016, 09:08 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,612,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoo342 View Post
Exactly.... every time I've seen one of these buses it has maybe 4-5 people on it.

What a damn joke
What time and what day of the week?

Old 08-31-2016, 11:50 AM

21,618 posts, read 31,189,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post

I, too, am skeptical of their claims. Malloy's administrations has continuously misled the public when it comes to numbers.

Old 08-31-2016, 12:42 PM

1,985 posts, read 1,455,104 times
I drive by the Newington Cedar st station a couple times a week. Most of the times it's pretty busy back in the spring it seemed really busy this summer it seems like the parking lot it 80% full instead of completely full like it was in the spring. Note these are weekdays usually around 9-10 in the morning.

Old 08-31-2016, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by East of the River View Post
I drive by the Newington Cedar st station a couple times a week. Most of the times it's pretty busy back in the spring it seemed really busy this summer it seems like the parking lot it 80% full instead of completely full like it was in the spring. Note these are weekdays usually around 9-10 in the morning.
Summer is always slower with schools and people on vacation so an 80% full parking lot is expected. Jay

Old 08-31-2016, 04:26 PM

6,122 posts, read 5,090,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I, too, am skeptical of their claims. Malloy's administrations has continuously misled the public when it comes to numbers.
I agree. I think this was covered in the transportation thread not long ago...I raised the point that I challenge anyone to show numbers that congestion on I-84 eastbound has gotten better since the Busway. They keep fairly accurate counts of car traffic per day through various sections (and if they didn't until now, surely they've been doing so for the reconstruction project). If the numbers or commuting times had gotten better, don't you think the DOT would be touting that by now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut