Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2016, 08:27 AM

14,057 posts, read 13,953,593 times

Advertisements

Hartford has potential best skyline in CT I like ballpark picture
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2016, 03:23 PM

6,139 posts, read 5,111,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
Hartford has potential best skyline in CT I like ballpark picture
Agree. I particularly love the view at night, coming in on I-84 westbound over the CT river.

Old 11-06-2016, 03:34 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,316,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Agree. I particularly love the view at night, coming in on I-84 westbound over the CT river.
You can see CityPlace and Hartford 21 as far as exit 65 on Interstate 84 in Vernon. My favorite view is going over that hill on Interstate 84 westbound on the East Hartford/Manchester line where I-384 and I-84 meet. You can see the UCONN Health Center in Farmington from up there.

Old 11-07-2016, 09:40 AM

1,985 posts, read 1,458,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumpDay View Post
You can see CityPlace and Hartford 21 as far as exit 65 on Interstate 84 in Vernon. My favorite view is going over that hill on Interstate 84 westbound on the East Hartford/Manchester line where I-384 and I-84 meet. You can see the UCONN Health Center in Farmington from up there.
If you walk past Market grill at Buckland hills there is a pretty good view of the hartford skyline. There are a few houses in Manchester and East Hartford with decent views of the skyline as well. Hartford has an interesting skyline as most of the tall buildings are clustered close together and the drop off from downtown to the rest of the city height is pretty quick.

Old 11-08-2016, 11:21 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,183,267 times
is the ballpark ready yet? better hurry, they only have 6 months to opening day

Old 11-12-2016, 09:39 AM

I know this isn't considered Hartford but it's in its metro. I don't think it'll be necessary to start another forum about this but I drove by a site yesterday on the Hartford Turnpike in Vernon where a construction firm cleared out a wooded lot next to Langan Volkswagen. This is located across the street from an old mill being conveyed to apartments. It looks like something big will be constructed there. Anyone know what it could be?

Old 11-12-2016, 02:54 PM

504 posts, read 385,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumpDay View Post
I know this isn't considered Hartford but it's in its metro. I don't think it'll be necessary to start another forum about this but I drove by a site yesterday on the Hartford Turnpike in Vernon where a construction firm cleared out a wooded lot next to Langan Volkswagen. This is located across the street from an old mill being conveyed to apartments. It looks like something big will be constructed there. Anyone know what it could be?
Are you talking about the site with the cell tower?

Old 11-12-2016, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix2791 View Post
Are you talking about the site with the cell tower?
I believe the cell tower is located by the old mill. I'm talking about across the street at 175 Hartford Turnpike. Apparently from what I heard from a few sources is that the site is going to be another large car dealership. Not sure if that's 100% true though.

Old 11-13-2016, 08:05 AM

5,104 posts, read 4,839,413 times
I was on Franklin Ave in Hartford yesterday, and I saw a new building going up that looks like a mosque. The building isn't open yet and doesn't have any signs indicating as such. I'm curious if it is going to be a mosque.

Doesn't seem to me that there are a lot of Muslims in this area. I have seen some Muslim women (wearing the traditional hijab) in East Hartford and New Britain but very few.

The Muslims did take over a building on Arch St in New Britain, but I don't think that's a mosque. Perhaps its some type of school ? I know they sell Muslim style clothing there too.

Old 11-13-2016, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
I was on Franklin Ave in Hartford yesterday, and I saw a new building going up that looks like a mosque. The building isn't open yet and doesn't have any signs indicating as such. I'm curious if it is going to be a mosque.

Doesn't seem to me that there are a lot of Muslims in this area. I have seen some Muslim women (wearing the traditional hijab) in East Hartford and New Britain but very few.

The Muslims did take over a building on Arch St in New Britain, but I don't think that's a mosque. Perhaps its some type of school ? I know they sell Muslim style clothing there too.
Where on Franklin Avenue? There's already a mosque on Franklin Avenue. It's across the street from Carbones which is off of Goodrich Street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut