Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2021, 12:46 PM

9,096 posts, read 6,317,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
“The area is believed to be most affected by vehicle break-ins because of its proximity to Connecticut, said Abdul Weed, Senior Investigator for the State Police at the Poughkeepsie barracks, in a phone interview.”

Ouch. That’s an eye opening statement.
I doubt juvenile miscreants even think about state boundary lines. New York state police are apparently well aware of the situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2021, 01:27 PM

332 posts, read 217,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
“The area is believed to be most affected by vehicle break-ins because of its proximity to Connecticut, said Abdul Weed, Senior Investigator for the State Police at the Poughkeepsie barracks, in a phone interview.”

Ouch. That’s an eye opening statement.
Never thought I'd see the day that Connecticut is the state with riff raff that other states are trying to keep out. If people don't smarten up real quick, then CT is gonna turn into one of those insane left coast states. We're heading in that direction. Voting matters.

Old 08-29-2021, 08:42 PM

2,496 posts, read 4,722,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mels View Post
Looks like they have charges against the juvenile (now an adult at 18) who shot at a homeowner in Glastonbury earlier this summer:
https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...veway/2567242/

At least this POS "kid" is off the street for now.
I stopped reading at “Hartford.” Tells me all I need to know about this incident, and as expected, it confirms my suspicions. So glad I’m in the process of moving out of my hard-left suburb that borders that lawless rathole of a city, and heading further away where crime is less prevalent and political views are more moderate. Didn’t think it would ever happen, but here we are.

Old 09-02-2021, 11:47 AM

332 posts, read 217,895 times
Effective starting today, a new protocol says police will now have access to a juvenile's entire arrest record - including adult convictions

Article: https://www.wtnh.com/news/crime-news...-it-be-enough/

Old 09-07-2021, 05:03 PM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
If the schools in CT are so good, why all this JV crime?

Old 09-07-2021, 08:17 PM

278 posts, read 145,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I think there has been a lot of juvenile crime recently because the kids were out of school during the summer. I think now that school has resumed, there will be a notable drop in juvenile crime, as kids are once again busy with their coursework and school activities.

Old 09-08-2021, 07:27 AM

2,496 posts, read 4,722,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnho771 View Post
I think there has been a lot of juvenile crime recently because the kids were out of school during the summer. I think now that school has resumed, there will be a notable drop in juvenile crime, as kids are once again busy with their coursework and school activities.
Assuming they even go to school. I really wish I could give a lot of these "kids" the benefit of the doubt and assume they're attending school to educate and improve themselves, but in all likelihood, this isn't the case. And if there's one thing that should really be stressed among urban, at-risk youths, it would be to take advantage of their local library. Feminist writer Andrea Dworkin was right when she said the library might be the quietest place a person ever goes, but it's also probably the most important. The best way to empower yourself is to read and to write, and while that's obviously what school is for, the library just might be even more beneficial in this regard, because you can use it to educate and inform yourself on your own time.

Old 09-08-2021, 08:54 AM

1,241 posts, read 902,829 times
There is juvenile crime in ANY American city, regardless of the quality of the school systems. While there are issues with some of the inner city schools- again endemic to every urban area in the country- only a fool would try to argue that CT’s K-12 system- when looking at the entire state system- isn’t among the top in the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post

Old 09-08-2021, 09:31 AM

21,621 posts, read 31,207,908 times
Quote:
The juveniles committing violent felonies are usually dropouts from CT’s inner cities.

Old 09-08-2021, 10:34 AM

6,913 posts, read 3,746,264 times
Quote:
That's correct and spending summers developing entrepreneurial skills with hands-on training provide invaluable building blocks for future growth and success.

I got it Johnno -
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut