Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2021, 03:47 PM

21,621 posts, read 31,215,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Let’s see, a woman in Marlborough is kidnapped from the Big Y parking lot; a woman in Glastonbury is shot at for yelling a kids trying to steal the car from her driveway; a jogger in New Britain is struck and killed by a kid in a stolen car; kids fleeing police slam into a car on a Route 17; and now this? The list goes on and on. When will this stop? When will enough be enough and our idiot state legislature actually get off their butts and do something? Jay
Yeah, it’s not good. This kind of thing would have turned the state upside down if it happened just once even five years ago.

Malloy started this. Lamont’s allowing it to continue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2021, 03:49 PM

34,058 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
The Orange Police Department just released a press release - a juvenile carjacked a resident who’s car was parked in the garage. The homeowner was assaulted by a second juvenile when he confronted the subject in his garage.

Yet another outrageous crime committed by a juvenile in Connecticut’s suburbs.

“9/23/21
***PRESS RELEASE***
At approximately 1:45 pm today a robbery occurred at a residence on Grassy Hill Road near the Route 15 interchange. The homeowner had a car parked in the garage with the trunk open while he was loading items into it from the house. When he came out of the house and into the garage, he discovered a juvenile male inside the garage who was attempting to steal the car. The homeowner confronted the juvenile but was then assaulted from behind by another, unseen male who was waiting in another car. The two males then fled the area and were last seen in Derby getting onto Rt. 8 northbound.
The suspects were described as two young, black males with two more young black females who waited in the getaway car. The suspect vehicle is a black Audi sedan, CT Reg: AA95413, which was stolen from Woodbury over a week ago. This same vehicle has been used in multiple violent crimes in the area including Milford and the Valley.
This incident is being actively investigated by our Investigative Services Unit in cooperation with other departments that have experienced similar crimes. While this is a rare incident and crime of opportunity, please remember to be aware of your surroundings at all times and always lock your vehicles. If anyone has information to assist our investigation, please call the Investigative Services Unit at 203-891-2138 (RF CN #21-28937.“
Unreal. Hopefully, the 2 are caged, long-term, once caught.

Old 09-23-2021, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Let’s see, a woman in Marlborough is kidnapped from the Big Y parking lot; a woman in Glastonbury is shot at for yelling a kids trying to steal the car from her driveway; a jogger in New Britain is struck and killed by a kid in a stolen car; kids fleeing police slam into a car on a Route 17; and now this? The list goes on and on. When will this stop? When will enough be enough and our idiot state legislature actually get off their butts and do something? Jay
Democrats will NEVER do anything productive to reduce violent crime, Jay.

They identify with the hoodlums, not the victims.

Wisely, Ct gun sales are up sharply in response. Someone will take care of it is the message. NYC created Bernie Goetz by being soft on crime in the 70s to early 90s. We are emulating that failed time in NYC history.

Last edited by BobNJ1960; 09-23-2021 at 04:26 PM..

Old 09-23-2021, 06:44 PM

Btw, years ago, a local Bridgeport cop (friend of family) advised us if anyone ever-anywhere-tries getting in your car, and your motor is on, speed off. Do NOT look back. You can report it once safely away.

Old 09-24-2021, 10:58 AM

710 posts, read 402,554 times
Homeowner Assaulted As Juveniles Try To Steal Car: Orange PD
https://patch.com/connecticut/orange...-car-orange-pd

You're on your own everybody!

Be vigilant.
-Lock your car doors at all times.
-Lock your house doors at all times. Even if you're doing yardwork still shut the door and lock it.
-Install cameras on your property as well as light sensors.
-Always keep your head on a swivel. Mind your surroundings.
-Never "feel" safe even if you're in a quiet town.
-Don't carry a lot of cash on you.

We all know that this is gotten so far out of hand. And we all know that the CT legislature will not do anything to change the soft on crime laws. If a runner gets ran over and killed by juveniles in a stolen car, if a cop gets pinned up by a stolen car, if a resident gets shot at for yelling at thieves and nothing gets done. Nothing ever will. It's time to CHANGE.THESE.LAWS.

Old 09-24-2021, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundTableKnight View Post
Homeowner Assaulted As Juveniles Try To Steal Car: Orange PD
https://patch.com/connecticut/orange...-car-orange-pd

You're on your own everybody!

Be vigilant.
-Lock your car doors at all times.
-Lock your house doors at all times. Even if you're doing yardwork still shut the door and lock it.
-Install cameras on your property as well as light sensors.
-Always keep your head on a swivel. Mind your surroundings.
-Never "feel" safe even if you're in a quiet town.
-Don't carry a lot of cash on you.

We all know that this is gotten so far out of hand. And we all know that the CT legislature will not do anything to change the soft on crime laws. If a runner gets ran over and killed by juveniles in a stolen car, if a cop gets pinned up by a stolen car, if a resident gets shot at for yelling at thieves and nothing gets done. Nothing ever will. It's time to CHANGE.THESE.LAWS.
In addition, many Ct residents are now packing heat. I suspect head in sand Democrats will await an incident of self defense before paying attention to the juvenile thugs.

Old 09-27-2021, 11:27 AM

2,496 posts, read 4,723,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
In addition, many Ct residents are now packing heat. I suspect head in sand Democrats will await an incident of self defense before paying attention to the juvenile thugs.
I've been saying for a while now that it will only be a matter of time before one of these hood rats makes the mistake of burglarizing the wrong home or assaulting the wrong person. When they do, the victim will defend themselves by giving one of these "kids" a whiff of the grapeshot, if you pick up what I'm putting down. And rest assured, they will be completely justified in doing so.

Old 09-27-2021, 11:29 AM

21,621 posts, read 31,215,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikefromCT View Post
I've been saying for a while now that it will only be a matter of time before one of these hood rats makes the mistake of burglarizing the wrong home or assaulting the wrong person. When they do, the victim will defend themselves by giving one of these "kids" a whiff of the grapeshot, if you pick up what I'm putting down. And rest assured, they will be completely justified in doing so.
They’ll be justified, but you can bet every single Democratic politician will do one of two things - publicly claim the homeowner was unjustified while condemning the violence, or remain loudly silent while trying to downplay what actually happened.

I wish I were kidding.

Old 09-27-2021, 11:31 AM

Quote:
They’ll be justified, but you can bet every single Democratic politician will do one of two things - publicly claim the homeowner was unjustified while condemning the violence, or remain loudly silent while trying to downplay what actually happened.

I wish I were kidding.
3 things: Dems will start a "Go Fund Me" page to supplement all the futufre career earnings the criminal's family lost out on.

They will condemn just the violence towards the criminal, btw, not by the criminal.

Old 09-27-2021, 02:24 PM

2,496 posts, read 4,723,209 times
Quote:

I wish I were kidding.
Oh, naturally. I expect that to happen when the time comes. You and I, along with several others here, are all in agreement here that the rat pack of Democrats in this state are completely disinterested in protecting law-abiding citizens here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut