Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2021, 10:41 AM

21,630 posts, read 31,226,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObedientSir View Post
Two ghetto hoodlum thugs wandered from Waterbury into Southington and stole a car at gunpoint while a woman was pumping her gas. The media mentioned the race of the perps this time because they weren't black and are classifying them as "white hispanics." So just like they did with George Zimmerman, it appears they're trying to place this one on white people for the sake of political correctness. But if they found the cure to cancer, they'd claim they're as ethnic as can be, and have them lead a Hispanic heritage parade in NYC.

Article: https://www.wtnh.com/video/video-man...yMDfL6cwOrAD3s
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again - the biggest issue in this country is the manipulative American media. It’s not our politicians, it’s not Trump supporters, it’s not liberal loons - it’s the for-profit media. They lie. And they lie a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2021, 10:47 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,954,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again - the biggest issue in this country is the manipulative American media. It’s not our politicians, it’s not Trump supporters, it’s not liberal loons - it’s the for-profit media. They lie. And they lie a lot.
The media in this country is absolutely the devil. Nothing but lies lies lies. I don't believe a word they say. They are evil evil people who are manipulating many of our addle-brained citizens who still believe them into supporting insane and destructive policies.

Old 10-06-2021, 11:59 AM

332 posts, read 218,176 times
Per the SPD press release:

"The vehicle fled the area, leaving the victim behind. The vehicle was sighted a short time later after, passing a Southington Officer near the center of town; however, before officers could attempt to catch up to the vehicle, it had fled and was out of sight. Officer did not attempt to pursue the vehicle."

The bolded part stood out to me. Did they not pursue the vehicle because of rules passed in the anti-police law?

Old 10-06-2021, 12:12 PM

Quote:

"The vehicle fled the area, leaving the victim behind. The vehicle was sighted a short time later after, passing a Southington Officer near the center of town; however, before officers could attempt to catch up to the vehicle, it had fled and was out of sight. Officer did not attempt to pursue the vehicle."

The bolded part stood out to me. Did they not pursue the vehicle because of rules passed in the anti-police law?
Absolutely. It’s not worth it, anymore. Why would they put their jobs on the line for a state that demonizes them?

Old 10-06-2021, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Absolutely. It’s not worth it, anymore. Why would they put their jobs on the line for a state that demonizes them?
I have heard this other places, that the police have stopped pursuing criminals all around the state. We're going to see a big jump in crime and we need to hold the Democrats responsible for it.

Old 10-06-2021, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
I have heard this other places, that the police have stopped pursuing criminals all around the state. We're going to see a big jump in crime and we need to hold the Democrats responsible for it.
I can tell you, firsthand, of the widespread “it’s not worth it anymore” feeling and poor morale of police officers and troopers statewide. This isn’t just a Connecticut thing, but the police accountability bill passage certainly makes morale lower than many states nationally. And this is, unfortunately, why we’re seeing what we are. It’s bad stuff and I don’t see it getting any better as long as the state continues down this far left wing path.

Old 10-06-2021, 12:40 PM

Quote:
I can tell you, firsthand, of the widespread “it’s not worth it anymore” feeling and poor morale of police officers and troopers statewide. This isn’t just a Connecticut thing, but the police accountability bill passage certainly makes morale lower than many states nationally. And this is, unfortunately, why we’re seeing what we are. It’s bad stuff and I don’t see it getting any better as long as the state continues down this far left wing path.
It's a cycle that continues because people are ignorant of history and incapable of learning from it.

The left is foolish to push this stuff too far, because crime and the fear of it, during the crime wave from the 1960s through the 1990s, was a major factor in keeping many people voting Republican. Crime and national security were issues that were of major concern during that time, and Republicans had a decided advantage on them. When these two issues almost simultaneously disappeared, only then was it safe and respectable for people who lived in nice suburban areas to support Democrats.

So they are digging their own grave. It's just a question of how long it will take for the backlash to set in.

Old 10-06-2021, 04:05 PM

34,065 posts, read 17,096,341 times
Quote:
Which makes a Goetz style incident inevitable.

Gun sales have soared in Ct this year. One of the largest spikes is amongst single, young women. Not because it adds to their outfit.

Old 10-07-2021, 04:42 AM

5,104 posts, read 4,838,473 times
Quote:

Police pursuits are against the law in CT except under very limited circumstances.

Old 10-07-2021, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
Police pursuits are against the law in CT except under very limited circumstances.
Untrue. They must be a violent felony and the risk must not be greater than the reward. The decision to not pursue even under those circumstances fall squarely on the officer.

In this situation, you had a violent felony take place at 1 am. A pursuit would have been completely justified.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut