Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2021, 05:52 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,964,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
Turn off Fox News and Tucker.
I don't watch them. Try again. You clearly have no answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2021, 05:53 AM

21,657 posts, read 31,280,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
Police accountability bill has nothing to due with teen crime. It was passed after Malloy made reforms. New Britain and New haven Police chiefs also endorsed that bill.

The bill was inspired by the George Floyd Police reform bill that still hasn't been passed at the federal level. So Connecticut moved forward with its own bill which is extremely watered down imo..

Fox News and tucker is where the racism come in. Teen crime has. Nothing to due with race. It goes back to socio economic conditions. And I know that no state or national republican will ever propose any solutions for that. Black teens or Hispanic teens from wealthy families are not stealing cars.

Arguing with someone who doesn't live in connecticut doesn't make any sense and it's getting very tiring correcting the misinformaion.
This reply doesn’t make any sense.

You can debate what works and what won’t work, but these are the very things Republicans have suggested. Solely because you don’t believe in them doesn’t allow you to say they weren’t provided as potential solutions. You no longer get to say that.

Old 12-10-2021, 06:35 AM

710 posts, read 405,285 times
Why do people assume that just because you're passionate about a differing opinion then you must be glued to political cable news? Lol.

Old 12-10-2021, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundTableKnight View Post
Why do people assume that just because you're passionate about a differing opinion then you must be glued to political cable news? Lol.
People who have no rebuttal and nothing to offer talk like that.

Old 12-10-2021, 07:51 AM

34,982 posts, read 57,077,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundTableKnight View Post
Could it be because your opinion is basically the same as that cable news outlet? It’s kind of a logical assumption. Where do you get your news from then? Jay

Old 12-10-2021, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Could it be because your opinion is basically the same as that cable news outlet? It’s kind of a logical assumption. Where do you get your news from then? Jay
Even if it were, so what? That doesn’t make it wrong, especially seeing the ridiculous assertions that are coming from a poster who is trying to manipulate the truth by telling us what is literally happening before our very eyes, isn’t.

Old 12-10-2021, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Not necessarily. I find that by seeing various news sources, I arrive at certain conclusions, and then I sometimes see them reflected later on cable news channels. That doesn't mean my opinion came from them. I arrived at it on my own by looking at the facts. People who can't support their opinions with facts are the first to claim that others are brainwashed, when often it is they who are the brainwashed.

The facts on the juvenile crime situation are pretty clear. The changes in the law have led to large increases in juvenile crime that the state government refuses to address. They simply tell us it isn't happening, or that there's nothing that can be done. It's another example of many of failure by the government of this state.

Old 12-10-2021, 09:26 AM

34,090 posts, read 17,152,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
People who have no rebuttal and nothing to offer talk like that.

They are displaying their ignorance.

Old 12-10-2021, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post

They are displaying their ignorance.
I don’t agree it’s ignorance. They know darn well what the issue is - they’re just trying to gaslight people into believing it’s untrue because of their own political affiliation and the agenda of the party they support.

Old 12-10-2021, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I don’t agree it’s ignorance. They know darn well what the issue is - they’re just trying to gaslight people into believing it’s untrue because of their own political affiliation and the agenda of the party they support.
I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut