Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2021, 04:04 PM

6,935 posts, read 3,771,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Kids need to know there are consequences for their actions. PERIOD. I firmly believe kids need a little bit of fear in them. It gives them humility and empathy. That is important and it’s missing in these kids.
That was the original plan. It's how they drew it up. Too hard to get everyone on board though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Something has to done. Jay
They tried, numerous times, and they always failed. Time and time again. Nothing can be done for the current batch. There isn't anything left to do. They've exhausted every avenue. No one can do anything about it. Some will mature out of it and some won't.
The only thing to do going forward is figure out a way to curb birthrates but that hasn't worked out too well either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2021, 07:31 PM

34,075 posts, read 17,119,181 times
I was told yesterday for many serious crimes in Ct, just 3% of bail is now required. Friend heard it on a news report. Is that true?

Old 12-15-2021, 07:58 PM

710 posts, read 404,117 times
I really hope not.

Old 12-15-2021, 08:10 PM

464 posts, read 313,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I was told yesterday for many serious crimes in Ct, just 3% of bail is now required. Friend heard it on a news report. Is that true?
Most bail is only typically 5-10% anyways, isn’t it?

Old 12-15-2021, 08:13 PM

21,634 posts, read 31,242,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reilly1017 View Post
Most bail is only typically 5-10% anyways, isn’t it?
10% of total is usually standard.

Old 12-18-2021, 08:01 AM

CT can’t ‘arrest our way out’ of juvenile crime, experts say
https://www.fairfieldcitizenonline.c...e-16711127.php

"The panel was organized by state Reps. Jennifer Leeper and Cristin McCarthy Vahey, both D-Fairfield."

^ let's just get that part out of the way lol

The police officers in attendance said there have to be consequences for these crimes, while advocates said children need support and punishment cannot always result in a positive change for a child who is in crisis.

Here's your Saturday morning reading

Old 12-18-2021, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundTableKnight View Post

"The panel was organized by state Reps. Jennifer Leeper and Cristin McCarthy Vahey, both D-Fairfield."

The police officers in attendance said there have to be consequences for these crimes, while advocates said children need support and punishment cannot always result in a positive change for a child who is in crisis.

Typical liberal manipulation.

Old 12-18-2021, 01:49 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,958,170 times
Quote:

Punishment protects the general public, which is more important. Releasing the kids back to their substandard parents isn't going to result in a positive change either.

As usual, the liberals have the accent on the wrong syl-LA-ble. They're willing as always to leave the general public vulnerable even while not actually addressing the kids' problems. It's a lose-lose.

I don't have a positive impression of Leeper or Vahey (my state rep). Vahey is a total flake and I won't use the word that I first comes to mind when I think of Leeper.

Old 12-19-2021, 06:55 AM

Gov. Lamont addresses increase in juvenile crimes
https://www.wfsb.com/news/gov-lamont...0e2607da1.html

"Those folks who are really endangering the greater community and themselves, we have to be strict," Lamont stated.

Police say when juveniles are arrested, they don't fear the consequences, because they are often released and don't face charges.

The president of the police chief's association says the governor seems to be hearing their concerns, but is looking for legislators to find more solutions.

I'm happy to see the governor actually come out and deliver an opinion on this really big problem. I'm interested to see if the leading party in the legislature with take up and vote on changes during this upcoming session. If they do not, then they must believe that the ways things are in CT are perfectly fine.

Old 12-19-2021, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Gov. Lamont addresses increase in juvenile crimes
https://www.wfsb.com/news/gov-lamont...0e2607da1.html

"Those folks who are really endangering the greater community and themselves, we have to be strict," Lamont stated.

Police say when juveniles are arrested, they don't fear the consequences, because they are often released and don't face charges.

The president of the police chief's association says the governor seems to be hearing their concerns, but is looking for legislators to find more solutions.

I'm happy to see the governor actually come out and deliver an opinion on this really big problem. I'm interested to see if the leading party in the legislature with take up and vote on changes during this upcoming session. If they do not, then they must believe that the ways things are in CT are perfectly fine.
He doesn’t really have a choice at this point. He needs to salvage what little credibility the Democratic Party has with respect to crime increase.

This comes on the day a woman was carjacked at gunpoint at the Mobil near the North Haven town center in broad daylight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut