Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2021, 12:05 PM

512 posts, read 355,241 times

Advertisements

Two adults and one juvenile were arrested in an armed carjacking smack in the middle of downtown Hartford at 5 pm yesterday. It happened at the Key Bank ATM, which is adjacent to the XL Center and next to Hartford 21, arguably the nicest (and certainly most expensive) apartment building downtown.

https://www.wfsb.com/news/3-arrested...lock_id=995300
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2021, 12:19 PM

712 posts, read 407,317 times
Add New Haven to the list of schools that had to close / lockdown recently due to threats. It includes Hamden, Norwich, Danbury and Norwalk, Stratford and Meriden.

There is zero accountability for juveniles in CT.

Lamont: As CT schools targets of threats, pandemic causing rising ‘tensions’ for youth
https://www.ctinsider.com/news/artic...s-16673024.php

Old 12-06-2021, 12:35 PM

332 posts, read 219,286 times
I am very surprised that more public High Schools don't have metal detectors. Unfortunately, I think it's necessary, even in the "safe towns." I saw an article about how a public school (I think it was a HS) in Brooklyn recently added metal detectors, and they confiscated 21 weapons in just one day (nine knives, seven cans of pepper spray, four stun guns and a pair of brass knuckles). I know Brooklyn is a rough place, but one weapon is one too many in any school.

Old 12-07-2021, 12:15 PM

512 posts, read 355,241 times
Man Injured Trying to Stop Teens Stealing His Car in New London
https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...ondon/2667264/

These fine young citizens are ages 16 and 14.

Quote:
The 62-year-old victim called police around 1:15 p.m. after the suspects robbed him of his car keys at gunpoint in the area of Colman Street and Walden Avenue. The man told police he tried to stand in front of the car as the suspects drove away, but they didn't stop and he ended up on the car's hood. He fell off the car onto the street about a block down the road, police said.

Old 12-07-2021, 03:12 PM

332 posts, read 219,286 times
Drive-by shooting in Rocky Hill. Not sure if it was juveniles.

Article: https://www.wtnh.com/news/latest-new...5Rqv7cL_PlrLpI

Old 12-07-2021, 04:01 PM

34,136 posts, read 17,199,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownedbits View Post
Man Injured Trying to Stop Teens Stealing His Car in New London
https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...ondon/2667264/

These fine young citizens are ages 16 and 14.
Wally and the Beaver must have been late to Bible Study class.

Another day, more juvenile crime. Slap on the wrist to follow, if caught. Just as Lamont wants.

Old 12-09-2021, 04:55 AM

Just as we wants, just as what he believes hard working suburbanites deserve. Now I really don't believe that Lamont wants us to keep suffering over this every day but legislature does. We'll see what happens during the next session.

Old 12-09-2021, 06:38 AM

3,487 posts, read 9,437,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundTableKnight View Post
Now I really don't believe that Lamont wants us to keep suffering over this every day but legislature does. We'll see what happens during the next session.
I also see this as more of an issue with the state legislators versus Lamont himself.

Old 12-09-2021, 06:46 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,974,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundTableKnight View Post
Just as we wants, just as what he believes hard working suburbanites deserve. Now I really don't believe that Lamont wants us to keep suffering over this every day but legislature does. We'll see what happens during the next session.
The Democrats can't deal with this issue because of their racial psychosis. To be perfectly blunt, to solve this problem we will have to lock up more black kids, and the Democrats can't stomach that. They would rather allow the public to be violated and victimized. We see this all across the country, in some places far worse than here.

Lamont is a sphynx on this issue, probably intentionally. He wants to appear to want to do something that he either can't or won't do, in order to deflect the growing anger from it onto other people and take himself out of the line of fire. We don't know what he really thinks. He makes noises but does nothing. He could put public pressure on the legislators but I haven't seen that. And he has acquiesced in their other ill-advised crime initiatives, so they probably assume they have nothing to fear from him.

Old 12-09-2021, 10:25 AM

All I know is that sometime during the next session, they absolutely have to address this juvenile crime issues. Somehow. Re-open a recently closed facility, get rid of the ridiculous catch and release policy, and seriously prosecute those who are repeat offenders.

If they don't bring any type of reform up for a vote at all, this tells me that they give zero f***s about your automobile and more importantly your safety. It tells me that they believe the suburbs should deal with the same crime issues our cities deal with.

Write your legislator as well as the majority leaders and the senate president.

There are kids out there that can be saved and rehabilitated. On the flip side, I believe there also are kids who can't. It's unfortunate, but also the reality of it. Some of these kids want to continue this life of crime and those are the ones who should be locked up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut