Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2021, 11:54 AM

21,651 posts, read 31,269,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalMilford View Post
Interesting national data regarding COVID and crime rates: https://econofact.org/crime-in-the-time-of-covid
Good study, and though I was only able to skim it, it confirms my thoughts I noted above - stay at home orders meant less crime, and immediately post George Floyd resulted in an absolute skyrocket.

The concern comes when cities (like Seattle, etc) decide not to prosecute for crimes, or change their classification - which has happened in many far left voting cities - the stats are unable to be quantified, resulting in a crime rate that appears lower than it should be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2021, 01:31 PM

6,954 posts, read 3,780,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Nowhere did I suggest you move to Florida. We’re full.
Miami as we know it today was built by crime, cocaine, and corruption back in the day. It's good to see they're tightening things up. All that money down there is unreal.
Got room for one more? Work and golf boondoggle first week of December at the Sand Pearl Resort on Clearwater Beach. I have the weekend free to scout out some RE. Can't wait.

Old 11-17-2021, 05:56 AM

710 posts, read 404,623 times
Manchester police arrest a 15-year-old in theft of Lexus with a toddler inside
https://www.courant.com/breaking-new...outputType=amp

Connecticut residents voice concerns about uptick in carbreak-ins and thefts
https://www.fox61.com/amp/article/ne...a-93266edce6e7

North Haven PD said they have seen a 40% increase in these crimes since last year.

State Republicans still pushing for criminal justice reform
https://www.theday.com/article/20211115/NWS12/211119622

Old 11-26-2021, 07:33 PM

34,082 posts, read 17,134,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundTableKnight View Post
Manchester police arrest a 15-year-old in theft of Lexus with a toddler inside
https://www.courant.com/breaking-new...outputType=amp

Connecticut residents voice concerns about uptick in carbreak-ins and thefts
https://www.fox61.com/amp/article/ne...a-93266edce6e7

North Haven PD said they have seen a 40% increase in these crimes since last year.

State Republicans still pushing for criminal justice reform
https://www.theday.com/article/20211115/NWS12/211119622
This is going to be a super issue for the GOP nationally, until the left-wing radical fringe is ignored by the DNC (that should occur after the 2022 debacle for Dems to come).

I do expect some Ct state reps to lose seats over rising Ct juvenile violent crime, particularly in suburbs long fairly immune to these thugs.

Old 11-27-2021, 05:23 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,845,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
This is going to be a super issue for the GOP nationally, until the left-wing radical fringe is ignored by the DNC (that should occur after the 2022 debacle for Dems to come).

I do expect some Ct state reps to lose seats over rising Ct juvenile violent crime, particularly in suburbs long fairly immune to these thugs.

Neither CT nor the United States is radical, left wing, or even liberal. They are both center right.

The right wing media keep the couple "real Democrats" like Alexandria Ocaiso, KAtie Porter, Bernie Sanders in the spotlight to give the illusion that there is significant opposition to the center right and right wing nutters.

CT only has one member of the so called "Progressive Caucus" and that is Rosa DeLauro. The way you guys talk around here you'd think the entire CT delegation are members.

Old 11-27-2021, 11:40 PM

34,971 posts, read 57,057,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
Neither CT nor the United States is radical, left wing, or even liberal. They are both center right.

The right wing media keep the couple "real Democrats" like Alexandria Ocaiso, KAtie Porter, Bernie Sanders in the spotlight to give the illusion that there is significant opposition to the center right and right wing nutters.

CT only has one member of the so called "Progressive Caucus" and that is Rosa DeLauro. The way you guys talk around here you'd think the entire CT delegation are members.
I agree with you except I’m not sure Connecticut could be classified as “center right”. Maybe “center” or even a little “center left”. It’s really subjective. Jay

Old 11-28-2021, 11:39 AM

332 posts, read 218,576 times
Quote:

"Center right" compared to what? To some tiny Northern European country? Maybe. By U.S. standards, CT is definitely left of center. CT has implemented almost every policy that progressives have called for like $15/hr, free public college, legal marijuana and a robust social safety net etc. To be fair, I wouldn't call CT radically left either like California is. California is like the twilight zone.

Old 11-28-2021, 12:03 PM

34,082 posts, read 17,134,198 times
The entire Northeast is at a precipice regarding violent, juvenile crime. Given our trendline, i would expect to see per capita crime rates in cities like Milford and throughout Ct -consistent with inner city Bridgeport of the late 20th century-by the middle of this decade, unless we regain a belief in actually allowing proactive policing and criminal justice.

I was living on campus in NYC when it hits its worst era, and to quote Yogi Berra "It's Deja Vu all over again". Same warning signs as NYC had-good areas are invaded by violent criminals regularly and with little to no consequences for the invaders.

Old 11-28-2021, 12:29 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,845,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecticutSir View Post
"Center right" compared to what? To some tiny Northern European country? Maybe. By U.S. standards, CT is definitely left of center. CT has implemented almost every policy that progressives have called for like $15/hr, free public college, legal marijuana and a robust social safety net etc. To be fair, I wouldn't call CT radically left either like California is. California is like the twilight zone.

No CT is center right and a state like Alabama is far right. Center right is the baseline for the United States.

CT is home of the DINO. CT does not have a robust safety net.

This is the mission statement of the so called "progressive caucus" nothing on this list has been accomplished. And remember that CT only has one member in the progressive caucus.

https://progressives.house.gov/the-progressive-promise

This group is actually better and are real democrats. Justice Democrats, only about 12 members and CT has zero.

https://justicedemocrats.com/platform/

Old 11-28-2021, 01:26 PM

21,651 posts, read 31,269,696 times
Quote:

I don’t agree. I have immediate and extended family in Australia who are completely turned off by the left wing “woke” movement spreading across America like a cancer. That sort of progressive politics has no place in similar western countries. Residents won’t have it.

Anyone who considers Connecticut center right isn’t paying much attention, or that person must be far, far to the left. The voting patterns are literal evidence the state is one of the most liberal in the nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut