Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2021, 08:04 PM

1,888 posts, read 1,189,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Part of the issue is outlined in this latest WFSB article:

“The driver, only identified as a juvenile, was found with a loaded firearm and a large capacity magazine. The driver was taken to a juvenile detention facility and is being charged with first-degree larceny, carrying a pistol without a permit, and possession of a large capacity magazine.”

The Connecticut state attorney’s office declined to charge the juvenile with unlawful discharge of a firearm and attempted murder for shooting at the homeowner. With the above charges, which he’ll surely beat, the juvenile will be processed and immediately released into the custody of a “caregiver”, and when they’re 18, record wiped clean if even convicted.
Don't understand how people voted for this crap....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2021, 08:23 AM

34,972 posts, read 57,057,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepfordct View Post
Don't understand how people voted for this crap....
It’s because people don’t pay attention to the laws being enacted by the legislature. There is so many Bill and many of these are snuck into other Bills so it’s not easy. An example of this is the removal of one of the statues on the facade of the Capitol because the honoree May have fought and killed native Americans. This little thing was snuck into the state budget by a Sprague legislator who represents a lot of the Mashantucket Pequot and Mohegan tribes. Talk about abuse of power. That kind of stuff infuriates me. Jay

Old 07-06-2021, 11:21 AM

21,654 posts, read 31,269,696 times
And just like that, Democrats are refusing to address the issue after being called upon by both Republicans and Independents alike. They are also saying they do not believe it is as big an issue as Republicans, police chiefs and citizens alike are claiming. What a massive display of ignorance, arrogance and stupidity on their part.

These left wing politicians are horrendous and, like Jay noted, many state residents are uninformed. They blindly vote democrat without knowing all the party stands for and how dangerous they are proving to actually be.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cou...outputType=amp

Old 07-06-2021, 11:42 AM

2,496 posts, read 4,729,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
And just like that, Democrats are refusing to address the issue after being called upon by both Republicans and Independents alike. They are also saying they do not believe it is as big an issue as Republicans, police chiefs and citizens alike are claiming. What a massive display of ignorance, arrogance and stupidity on their part.

These left wing politicians are horrendous and, like Jay noted, many state residents are uninformed. They blindly vote democrat without knowing all the party stands for and how dangerous they are proving to actually be.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cou...outputType=amp
That article is from 7/1, last week. They're meeting this week to discuss this further, unless that's changed. As far as whether or not anything will materialize from these meetings remains to be seen, though I'm sure a few won't even budge on the issue and refuse to move the needle even a little bit.

Last edited by MikefromCT; 07-06-2021 at 12:34 PM..

Old 07-06-2021, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikefromCT View Post
That article is from 7/1, last week. They're meeting this week to discuss this further, unless that's changed. As far as whether or not anything will materialize from these meetings remains to be seen, though I'm sure a few won't even budge on the issue and refuse to move the needle even a little bit.
That is correct. It preceded the woman getting shot at in Glastonbury and the pedestrian being killed in New Britain. Voters are livid and it’s to the point where the Democrats have no choice but to do something and quick.

That said, I still encourage people to continue to contact their legislators and the Governor about this. The more pressure put on them the better. This insanity has to stop. Jay

Old 07-06-2021, 11:34 PM

34,083 posts, read 17,140,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
That is correct. It preceded the woman getting shot at in Glastonbury and the pedestrian being killed in New Britain. Voters are livid and it’s to the point where the Democrats have no choice but to do something and quick.

That said, I still encourage people to continue to contact their legislators and the Governor about this. The more pressure put on them the better. This insanity has to stop. Jay
I doubt the Democrats make any meaningful changes or truly meet in good faith, and I fully fear more incidents like the 2 you mentioned. The leftwing of the party in this state is insane, so Jay you are expecting the insane to stop the insanity. What they passed was radical at first glance, and 25 years ago, neither Ct party would pass it or even take it to a vote. Notice though there is no thread about "what happened to the now disappeared moderate Democratic party in Ct?". Yes I am old enough to recall when it was mainstream and rational. We were a much safer state then, with little random violence, except in the worst portions of inner cities. The parties had contrasting views, but neither had views dangerous to the law-abiding public then.

Last edited by BobNJ1960; 07-06-2021 at 11:51 PM..

Old 07-07-2021, 06:29 AM

2,496 posts, read 4,729,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post

Yes, yes it does. And I intend to address this with legislators, whom everyone needs to pay close attention to on this issue. I encourage everyone to place as much pressure as possible on them to do something about this and buckle down. If they're going to continue to view this type of juvenile delinquency as a form of urban reparation, I have five words for these people: See you at the polls.

Old 07-07-2021, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I doubt the Democrats make any meaningful changes or truly meet in good faith, and I fully fear more incidents like the 2 you mentioned. The leftwing of the party in this state is insane, so Jay you are expecting the insane to stop the insanity. What they passed was radical at first glance, and 25 years ago, neither Ct party would pass it or even take it to a vote. Notice though there is no thread about "what happened to the now disappeared moderate Democratic party in Ct?". Yes I am old enough to recall when it was mainstream and rational. We were a much safer state then, with little random violence, except in the worst portions of inner cities. The parties had contrasting views, but neither had views dangerous to the law-abiding public then.
I agree with you and am concerned too. I’m hoping there are enough sane Democrats to override the insane ones. We will see.

I think you had previously asked me about starting a thread on the Connecticut Democratic Party. I’m not a Democrat and I started the Republican one so I don’t feel it’s appropriate for me to start it. You or anyone else are certainly welcome to start one. Just keep it respectful and within the rules of the forum. I know I would certainly welcome it. Jay

Old 07-07-2021, 10:20 AM

Just saw on the noon news that the promised meeting of legislators about this problem is taking place right now. We should hear the outcome later today. My fingers are crossed. Jay

Old 07-07-2021, 10:59 AM

512 posts, read 443,880 times
In the meantime, the crime continues. Police’s hands are tied more than ever. Now, police can’t pursue these criminals for property theft. What a joke! Laws are pushed to completely break down civil society. Criminals are running the show and the everything is being done to accommodate them, rather than push them.

https://www.fox61.com/article/news/c...b-86f3f35ec38e
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut