Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2024, 08:45 AM

6,290 posts, read 5,158,395 times

Advertisements

Woke up to accumulating snow here just NW of Boston near Rts 128 & 3. Side streets were an absolute s***show which caught me by surprise, given it's April. Still snow/sleet mix here...I'd say a slushy 1-2" overall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2024, 10:16 AM

83,596 posts, read 75,595,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Woke up to accumulating snow here just NW of Boston near Rts 128 & 3. Side streets were an absolute s***show which caught me by surprise, given it's April. Still snow/sleet mix here...I'd say a slushy 1-2" overall.
Can we move onto Spring now or are we just gonna jump into Summer next month?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Looks like I'll be heading back up to VT this weekend
Enjoy. Raging snowstorm. Nuts. 988mb Storm over Nantucket

2.3" snow fell in Torrington. 3.0" in Norfolk.

Some more local snowfall reports
https://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/ls...4042040/000010

WOW at snowfall totals!! CT makes the list

https://twitter.com/NWSEastern/statu...21577407697172

Old 04-04-2024, 10:43 AM

1,021 posts, read 347,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
I'm not to shocked to hear that...most of the forecasts from NWS had the snow line near southern Massachusetts.

Old 04-04-2024, 11:55 AM

712 posts, read 406,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Whatever happens just give me a drought. Not an extreme or a severe drought, but a nice moderate drought. The kind of drought where my neighbors lush green front lawn has disgusting looking brown spots in 20 different places. The kind of drought where towns ask us to consider not using your sprinklers but you can still give your plants a small sprinkle. The kind of drought where we all say "hmm, I suppose we could use a little rain but I'm enjoying this sunshine too much". Doesn't that sound so nice?

Old 04-04-2024, 12:08 PM

Temps in the 40s but with this wind it feels like this...

Old 04-04-2024, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundTableKnight View Post
Whatever happens just give me a drought. Not an extreme or a severe drought, but a nice moderate drought. The kind of drought where my neighbors lush green front lawn has disgusting looking brown spots in 20 different places. The kind of drought where towns ask us to consider not using your sprinklers but you can still give your plants a small sprinkle. The kind of drought where we all say "hmm, I suppose we could use a little rain but I'm enjoying this sunshine too much". Doesn't that sound so nice?
You might get your wish in the short term - lol

Although I doubt there will be a major drought anytime soon (droughts take a long time to get into and out of)...there does look to be a pattern change starting this weekend (Sunday/Monday) which looks to feature drier and warm to down right hot conditions. By early next week, a early season Bermuda High builds in off South Carolina and pumps warm temps with mostly sunny skies up the East Coast from Tue through Thur:

Then another high might build in next weekend (13th - 14th) and the first shot of really hot temperatures might spread into the Tri-State area. You might need your AC already - lol:

Attached Thumbnails
Connecticut Weather Discussion 4-bh1.jpg   Connecticut Weather Discussion 4-bh2.jpg   Connecticut Weather Discussion 4-bh3.jpg  

Old 04-04-2024, 02:15 PM

6,290 posts, read 5,158,395 times
Getting some wraparound snow right now. I'm impressed that it's cold enough aloft to sustain snow during the daytime, given the sun angle!

Old 04-04-2024, 07:15 PM

6,611 posts, read 5,014,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Either would work for me at this point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundTableKnight View Post
I can deal with that

Old 04-05-2024, 05:40 AM

A little shocked that NWS Bridgeport only picked up 0.16 or rain yesterday? New Haven area seemed to have more rain than that? Maybe a error in reporting?

Attached Thumbnails
Connecticut Weather Discussion 4-rain4rt.jpg  

Old 04-05-2024, 05:55 AM

I am so ready!!!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut