Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2014, 07:30 AM

15,205 posts, read 12,068,523 times

Advertisements

It is very wise to rent first..... Winter is not a factor IMHO....

Use the search -> advanced search function for FFG to answer some questions....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2014, 06:09 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,688,265 times
Gmla

You need to read the other FFG threads.

Winters are normally not bad here on the Plateau especially for people from the north. This is a very bad winter.
Those vacancies are there all year.

As Bones wrote..".it is very wise to rent first." This good advice whenever you relocate.

FFG is an HOA and with the recent changes in the laws governing HOA's I strongly urge you to look into the powers of HOA's in TN before you buy into one.

You did not mention where you are coming from. Tennessee is a beautiful state and a great place for relocation with lots to offer. Good luck with your search.

Old 01-09-2014, 08:01 PM

9 posts, read 13,715 times
We are coming from Ca. However, I was born and raised in the Midwest. California was great for work otherwise it doesn't appeal to us in retirement. Thanks for the heads up on reading through the threads.

Old 01-10-2014, 04:52 AM

Glma,

I think you will find this link very interesting.

Fairfield Glade Real Estate & Fairfield Glade Crossville Homes For Sale - Zillow

Old 01-27-2014, 11:35 AM

48 posts, read 139,089 times
Smile Visiting FFG soon

Dear Glma,

My family and I will be visiting FFG end March for Spring Break from Florida. I sent you a PM so please check your in-box because I worry about what you can and cannot ask at times on these boards, but mainly I wanted to know your thoughts on the place as you already visited and are actually thinking about renting a Condo. Any info. would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Old 01-27-2014, 05:46 PM

24,767 posts, read 28,512,977 times
Also look in the classified section >> Home » Crossville Chronicle, Crossville, TN

Old 01-28-2014, 05:35 PM

Here's what some other people think about FFG.

Ripoff Report | Fairfield Glade Complaint Review Tennessee: 1113278

Old 04-17-2014, 12:42 PM

17 posts, read 42,736 times
Default Let's hear some more good things about Fairfield Glade

Quote:
Originally Posted by grisabel View Post
I'm originally from NYC and I can tell you that FFG and Crossville has everything that you can possibly want.
Hey, I, too, am renting in FG this summer to check things out. I plan to be talking with residents, trying out activities, talking with Crossville locals, and looking at property in Crossville, Lake Tansi, and Cookeville too. The negatives come out loud and clear. And I appreciate the candid comments, which will help me in my retirement decisions.

But... I'd like to hear from those of you who LIKE FG. What do you like? I like socializing, dancing, yoga and exercise, cards, learning, trips with fellow seniors, small dinners at my home and at the homes of friends, and church activities. Would I fit in???

Also, it appears heat is either electric or propane. Any gas heated homes (usually less expensive)? What would the monthy average heat bill have been for this winter which was a harsh one? Is there any adult education, learning centers for seniors within a 30 min drive from FG? I am not a golfer, although I might be open to learning now that I am retired.

I do agree with the concerns about water pollution. Across the US, we have such abuse for our land. Fracking is a good example!

Last edited by JMT; 04-17-2014 at 03:36 PM.. Reason: corrected your spelling of Cookeville

Old 04-17-2014, 05:23 PM

24,767 posts, read 28,512,977 times
I tell every one go too the local shops and talk with people. Feed Store - Plant Nursery - Local restaurants not fast food places- Public Library - The Chamber of Commerce is on 127 down town across from the Court House in Crossville. Ask the locals questions and also be polite you will be surprised on the hospitality of people here in Crossville.

Old 04-18-2014, 03:22 PM

78 posts, read 180,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate13467 View Post
Hey, I, too, am renting in FG this summer to check things out. I plan to be talking with residents, trying out activities, talking with Crossville locals, and looking at property in Crossville, Lake Tansi, and Cookeville too. The negatives come out loud and clear. And I appreciate the candid comments, which will help me in my retirement decisions.

But... I'd like to hear from those of you who LIKE FG. What do you like? I like socializing, dancing, yoga and exercise, cards, learning, trips with fellow seniors, small dinners at my home and at the homes of friends, and church activities. Would I fit in???

Also, it appears heat is either electric or propane. Any gas heated homes (usually less expensive)? What would the monthy average heat bill have been for this winter which was a harsh one? Is there any adult education, learning centers for seniors within a 30 min drive from FG? I am not a golfer, although I might be open to learning now that I am retired.

I do agree with the concerns about water pollution. Across the US, we have such abuse for our land. Fracking is a good example!

With those types of activities you'd most certainly fit in!! There are so many activities in and around the glade that you'll need plenty of free time to try them all. Many people also get into mentoring and volunteer work.

As to the natural gas question, it's twice as expensive as electricity anywhere north of I-40. A Heat pumps disadvantage is lack of instant heat. My 1800 Condo has gas and I've had gas bills over 225 most of the season. Our last home, in FFG, had a heat pump and more square ft. and my total electric in the winter never approached 200.

I can candidly say that if you do not take advantage of the amenities in the glade it you may find it somewhat costly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville