Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2014, 09:03 PM

11,368 posts, read 9,280,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Do you consider spanking or belting a child, placing him or her on restrictions (no television, cell phones, computers, etc.), or performing additional tasks at home for wrongdoing torture?
I can't relate to any violence on a child being in the same class as taking a cell phone away. You can't be serious with that post.

Old 09-13-2014, 09:04 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,245,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
What the hell is wrong with people?... How did you get to be of an adult or at least semi-adult age and not understand that this treatment of a four year-old is cruel and unacceptable?
The wrong is parents not disciplining their children. When does growing up in well-mannered households mean the next generation to rear gets to grow up lawlessly?

Old 09-13-2014, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
I can't relate to any violence on a child being in the same class as taking a cell phone away. You can't be serious with that post.
I am being serious. I am fortunate to have been reared well at home by a loving family. Consistently doing the right thing is way better than getting disciplined.

Old 09-13-2014, 09:09 PM

Quote:
The wrong is parents not disciplining their children. When does growing up in well-mannered households mean the next generation to rear get to grow up lawlessly?
If "disciplining" children means violence then I hope that person goes to jail for assault.

Don't raise children if you have to beat them up like a bully and a thug.

Old 09-13-2014, 09:10 PM

542 posts, read 1,683,138 times
His kid will grow up to be like Ray Rice.

Old 09-13-2014, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_show View Post
His kid will grow up to be like Ray Rice.
According to QB Joe Flacco, he is "good people." I heard him say those exact words in a radio interview a couple of days ago on WNEW.

Just what we need, more angry children running around. The risk is too high. As I said, no communication skills or patience then don't have children.

Old 09-13-2014, 09:15 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,027,306 times
Quote:
Do you consider spanking or belting a child, placing him or her on restrictions (no television, cell phones, computers, etc.), or performing additional tasks at home for wrongdoing torture?
I can't believe I'm even answering this, but I will.

Many parents have NO CLUE what "spanking" is. Most beat the child in anger with their hands or whatever's handy, because they're too lazy and ignorant to handle the situation another way.

Torture devices such as belts, whips, extension cords, shock collars, stun guns, mace, etc. are disgusting and anyone using these items should be arrested and JAILED.

Beating children naked is evil.

Making a child take a shower to wet the skin, so you can beat them with a torture device is evil.

There is nothing wrong with taking away their games, TVs, computers, etc., to discipline them.

When you KNOW better, you DO better.

Old 09-13-2014, 09:18 PM

Quote:
If "disciplining" children means violence then I hope that person goes to jail for assault.

Don't raise children if you have to beat them up like a bully and a thug.
Quote:
According to QB Joe Flacco, he is "good people." I heard him say those exact words in a radio interview a couple of days ago on WNEW.

Just what we need, more angry children running around. The risk is too high. As I said, no communication skills or patience then don't have children.
Parents, teach your children well strictly and lovingly.

The do-nothing bad parenting approach that produces angry children running around does not work.

Old 09-13-2014, 09:46 PM

4,818 posts, read 11,002,287 times
Quote:
Parents, teach your children well strictly and lovingly.

The do-nothing bad parenting approach that produces angry children running around does not work.
the only thing that comes to mind is Oh Lord.... what doth this person not understand

Old 09-13-2014, 10:07 PM

16,582 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
Understand that there is a difference between disciplining - even spanking - and abusing and torturing a child. What happened here is more of the latter. You NEVER hit a kid with another object. You NEVER hit hard enough to leave bruises.
While I can agree that there is a huge difference between discipline & child abuse, you illustrate how one persons view differs widely from another. For instance there are people who think any corporal punishment is child abuse hence the reason few schools will paddle kids now days. Heck I went to a school that not only paddled kids, but even had a bull whip hanging in the principles office. Now I never heard of anyone getting whipped, but the fear was always there.
I certainly got paddled along with a good amount of other kids, and I also had to hold a bar of soap in my mouth to "wash it out". Needless to say Catholic schools are a different breed, but by and large the discipline and education winds up turning out productive members of society.

Quote:
And look how you turned out? As someone who defends child abuse. Clearly not good.
As in the aforementioned response, what you call child abuse, others call parenting.

If my parents or Godparents had been thrown in jail for the way I was disciplined, how would that have helped me. Instead I grew up with loving parents who praised me when I did well, and punished me when I messed up.

Quote:
There are other ways to keep kids in line than to beat them so hard that they turn black and blue. If that's what your family did to you and your cousins, then I feel really sorry for you. That is not parenting.
Then how do you explain the fact that all 5 of us went to college, have good educations, are law abiding, good parents with smart highly achieving children, etc., etc. ?
I call that being productive members of society.

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events