Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2014, 08:17 PM

833 posts, read 1,198,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
I'm not normal, Marilyn.
Funny.... I am too

Old 09-13-2014, 08:29 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,026,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrazyattic View Post
He spanked HIS child.... bfd.... My mom used to whoop the crap out of me, and I turned out fine.

If more kids got their butts whooped, we wouldn't have as many rude **( kids wondering around the streets with disrespect.
Did your mother shove leaves in your mouth to muffle your screams?

Did your mother have a "whipping room" with all of her torture devices to use on you?

Did your mother break the skin to where most of your wounds were bloody?

Were you also 4 years old when this happened?

Old 09-13-2014, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
I'm not normal, Marilyn.
Neither am I.

I wasn't beaten to this extent, but it doesn't matter. It's affected me, even now, all these years later.

I guess it could be considered a good thing in a way, because I've never stayed with men who've put hands on me or have verbally disrespected me.

But I still jump if someone moves too fast or raises their hands too quickly, even if they're not going to do anything. I guess this is a form of PTSD.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:35 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Adrian Peterson disciplined his son for doing something wrong one time too many after repeated commands to stop a bad habit. Disciplining a child for consistent wrongdoing is good parenting. The extent of Peterson's form of discipline to warrant criminal charges is a complex case I cannot comment much about.

I wonder if the boy's mother allows him to consistently get away after constant wrongdoings, or disciplines him when it is one time too many. If she allows the boy to run around and continuously get in trouble, that is bad parenting.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Funny.... I am too
I think everyone who was beaten is.

Not all kids take being abused the same way. Some do right and our prison system is a sign of those who cannot.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Adrian Peterson disciplined his son for doing something wrong one time too many after repeated commands to stop a bad habit. Disciplining a child for consistent wrongdoing is good parenting. The extent of Peterson's form of discipline to warrant criminal charges is a complex case I cannot comment much about.
He didn't discipline him. He tortured him.

He left horrible open cut wounds on his back, buttocks, legs, thighs and in between his thighs. The boy was in serious pain and probably running a fever for a few days before the savage dropped him back at his mother's home.

He also shoved leaves in his mouth to stifle his screams.

Adrian Petersen is a sick, twisted man with sadistic tendencies towards those weaker than him.

If he couldn't handle the kid, then he should have sent him back to his mother.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:49 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Do you consider spanking or belting a child, placing him or her on restrictions (no television, cell phones, computers, etc.), or performing additional tasks at home for wrongdoing torture?

Old 09-13-2014, 08:51 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,447,778 times
Quote:
He spanked HIS child.... bfd.... My mom used to whoop the crap out of me, and I turned out fine.

If more kids got their butts whooped, we wouldn't have as many rude **( kids wondering around the streets with disrespect.
He DID NOT spank his child.

He BEAT his child WITH A TREE BRANCH and left him with WELTS AND BRUISES ON HIS BODY.

NO decent parent does that. NO decent human does that. NO decent human excuses it, either.

What the hell is wrong with people?... How did you get to be of an adult or at least semi-adult age and not understand that this treatment of a four year-old is cruel and unacceptable?

Old 09-13-2014, 08:51 PM

11,367 posts, read 9,280,838 times
Quote:

You can't point me to any evidence that spankings is helpful to a child. Better communication is the way to go. Those that lack communication skills have no business becoming parents.

I wonder how many of these kids showing disrespect are beaten up at home.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:54 PM

11,367 posts, read 9,280,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Neither am I.

I wasn't beaten to this extent, but it doesn't matter. It's affected me, even now, all these years later.

I guess it could be considered a good thing in a way, because I've never stayed with men who've put hands on me or have verbally disrespected me.

But I still jump if someone moves too fast or raises their hands too quickly, even if they're not going to do anything. I guess this is a form of PTSD.
My abusive childhood had an adverse effect on my entire life. I still get flashbacks of me getting caught up in the middle of my father beating me and my mother up.

Sometimes I had bruises that were almost as bad as Peterson's child got. And it hurt to sit in school. I did nothing to deserve that kind of punishment.

I'm also with you on the everything else you say here. I can't have any hassles in my life. I vowed to myself that there was not going to be any more fights in my house and I held true to that. I had enough...

Last edited by John13; 09-13-2014 at 09:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events