Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2015, 07:29 AM

13,459 posts, read 9,978,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Of course I know she "resigned". That is just the mechanism.
Non profits are in the business of handling other people's money and it's really not a good idea for them to have known liars in executive positions.

So whether she jumped or was pushed she couldn't have stayed and race itself is not the issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2015, 07:32 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,041,289 times
Quote:
Of course I know she "resigned". That is just the mechanism.
You have an inside source at the Idaho NAACP office?

Do you think that the NAACP facilitated, forced, or encouraged her resignation because she is white? If so, what do you base this belief on?

Old 06-16-2015, 07:35 AM

Quote:
How is it deceitful? How is it a lie? How is she a con artist?

She did what the NAACP fought for decades.

NAACP made case after case in the mid 20th century that a person's parents don't matter. (regarding Jim Crow racial tests) So why should this woman bring up her parents? She can legally claim to be any race she likes thanks, in part to the past actions of NAACP.

So saying she is Black is not a lie. It can't be by definition.
I'm not even going to address all your other "points" in this post - let's just talk about her lies in general.

She didn't simply claim to be African American. She made up a huge mess of lies about who her parents are, her children, her background, her upbringing, her life experiences, her challenges, hate crimes directed at her, etc etc.

The NAACP does not encourage this sort of behavior in it's leadership or it's followers.

Old 06-16-2015, 07:36 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,682,784 times
Brave Lady tells her side of Story.

Rachel Dolezal appears on the Today show for her first live interview as she dismisses 'blackface' claims | Daily Mail Online

Old 06-16-2015, 07:37 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,682,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I'm not even going to address all your other "points" in this post - let's just talk about her lies in general.
She addressed this in post I just made.

Old 06-16-2015, 07:38 AM

4,187 posts, read 11,940,257 times
Quote:
How is it deceitful? How is it a lie? How is she a con artist?

She did what the NAACP fought for decades.

NAACP made case after case in the mid 20th century that a person's parents don't matter. (regarding Jim Crow racial tests) So why should this woman bring up her parents? She can legally claim to be any race she likes thanks, in part to the past actions of NAACP.

So saying she is Black is not a lie. It can't be by definition.
Are you serious? She told people that the Albert Wilkinson was her Dad. Then she goes on trying to explain that there is a difference between "father" and "dad".

Matt Lauer's interview will come back and haunt her even more because some of those questions are meant to get her to say things on record. Someone lying will eventually be caught up with all the lies they make. The question of "deceiving" was a very good one.

Old 06-16-2015, 07:44 AM

35,132 posts, read 17,087,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
This is completely wrong. Howard University didn't even ask about the race of applicants at that time.

Rachel Dolezal's biracial appearance is "blackface," brother says - CNN.com

My guess is that you had never even heard of Howard prior to this story breaking. It's funny how so many of you can be so factually wrong all of the time.
I have heard of Howard. A colleague of mine's daughter attended. I've eaten dinner at an Ethiopian restaurant in their college-town area of DC.

I know it's integrated but mostly black.

Old 06-16-2015, 07:46 AM

Quote:
She addressed this in post I just made.
She didn't address her false city application (in which she states she is black), baboon whips, growing up in a teepee in South Africa and being abused due to her skin color, sexual abuse by family members when she was growing up, her discrimination lawsuit at Howard U, and her many claims regarding hate crimes supposedly directed at her. She also didn't address her art plagiarism which is pretty darn obvious - and criminal.

Rachel Dolezal's Artwork Is Not Only Problematic, It Might Be Plagiarized

Old 06-16-2015, 07:48 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,366,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Anyone who looks at her can see she is white. If the NAACP leadership wants to give her a high position, simple due diligence would tell them she is probably not black. The fact that they did it, despite this tells me that they don't have a problem. If that's the case, no one else should have a problem either. If she wants to call herself black, white, red, yellow, or green that's her business.
I have a friend who looks white and she is half black. You never really know by just looking at people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I know someone who married into my family, a more distant cousin we see maybe once a year, who apparently (according to her) is Puerto Rican. She's as white as my Irish and German-American mother, and actually blonde - which my mother is not. She has an English-sounding name. But apparently her mother is Puerto Rican. Because she claimed she is Hispanic, she is currently enrolled in a doctoral program for paleontology for free at a university out West (wish I could remember where - again, we don't see them much). She told us last time we saw her in January, without any shame, that because she checked off "Hispanic" or whatever the hell it is, she got a free ride into this program. Then proceeded to praise affirmative action programs. I was stunned because she's whiter than I am - half Italian, quarter Irish, quarter German-American me. I'm not even sure I believe that she is part Puerto Rican. I know - Puerto Ricans can be white because of colonization - but when you think Puerto Rican, or Hispanic, do you not think of certain characteristics? Certain cultural attributes? I know I do. And she doesn't fit them even slightly.
No, I don't, because I live in an area with a lot of Puerto Ricans and they can look very different. I have known a couple of Puerto Ricans who look as Irish as can be---red hair, freckles, etc. They ARE from PR and probably at first glance, you wouldn't believe it.

BTW-Most doctoral programs are "free" at universities. Most students do not pay tuition and receive a stipend when they are enrolled in doctoral programs---just look around online and you will find that to be true. I know when I was researching doctoral programs, MOST of them fell into this category---it had nothing to do with if you claimed to be anything other than white.

Haven't you guys seen the stories that always come up in the news? Black couples that have babies that look completely white because they have some white ancestor four generations back? Haven't you seen twins where one looks one race and one looks the other? I have.

Old 06-16-2015, 07:49 AM

13,459 posts, read 9,978,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sj08054 View Post
Are you serious? She told people that the Albert Wilkinson was her Dad. Then she goes on trying to explain that there is a difference between "father" and "dad".

Matt Lauer's interview will come back and haunt her even more because some of those questions are meant to get her to say things on record. Someone lying will eventually be caught up with all the lies they make. The question of "deceiving" was a very good one.
WaldoKitty is making a poor attempt at a gotcha by painting Dolezal's actions as a direct consequence of the NAACP's policies and the lack of "racial testing", whatever that is, in this country.

The fact that she's an opportunistic liar is of course the problem, not the NAACP'S influence on racial policies throughout the years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events