Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2015, 05:22 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,966,446 times

Advertisements

I love the final son's comment "That's why I'm not voting from Trump" LOL. Poor thing, he is so upset.

I feel bad for these people. They were very offended, I would have felt the same way when I was younger. Now it that would have happened to me now days I would have laughed in her face

That woman is nuts talking about Russians, Nazis and all that nonsense. Maybe she has dementia and she thinks we are in the 1940's.

Old 08-06-2015, 05:28 PM

31,897 posts, read 26,938,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
Just for the record, I was speaking about rudeness in general. For example, refer to my previous post #140 on this thread (page 14) in which I was talking about another English-speaking boor who ruined the dinner of at least one other "Anglo" English-speaking family by his loud opinions.

I do agree with your post in general, though. The old woman who is the subject of this thread might very well have thought that her rudeness would be accepted by those she apparently considered to be her "inferiors". Either that, or as I had also suggested, she might be in the beginning stages of dementia. (Please don't misunderstand this last statement, though, because the only possible excuse for her behavior would be if she actually did not have control over what she said. However, I strongly do not think that was the case as she continued to "debate" with the Latina's son.) Bottom line here: Please do not think that I would EVER defend or in any way agree with what the elderly woman said!
Miss. Anne knew what she was doing and was totally within her right mind. Again she likely did and does so because no one has ever called her out. Now if the situation were different and say she opened her mouth to a "Medea" type African American woman that not only would have told her to go to h*** but if provoked long enough may have slapped Miss. Anne upside her head, the message would have been received. Long story short the older white woman in question feels entitled by right and custom to bestow her opinions regardless if they are sought or even wanted.

Would bet good money that if Miss. Anne came upon a white/European woman speaking French to her family none of this would have happened.

Old 08-06-2015, 05:32 PM

31,897 posts, read 26,938,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
I love the final son's comment "That's why I'm not voting from Trump" LOL. Poor thing, he is so upset.

I feel bad for these people. They were very offended, I would have felt the same way when I was younger. Now it that would have happened to me now days I would have laughed in her face

That woman is nuts talking about Russians, Nazis and all that nonsense. Maybe she has dementia and she thinks we are in the 1940's.
No, she is just like so many of her kind, grasping for a time in America when things were different; that is "her" kind were on top. Between legalized gay marriage/equality, declining white population and rise of Hispanic/Latino demographic that woman must be ready to bust a gut. The world she knew is slipping away and there isn't anything to be done that can bring it back.

Old 08-06-2015, 05:35 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,891,093 times
Quote:

Yep she looks like she has several issues she's probably nuts(paranoid) on top of having a touch of dementia but definitely has the superiority thing going on and a whole lot of bitchiness.

Old 08-06-2015, 05:50 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,920,376 times
I speak Spanish 100% of the time with my fiance and have NEVER had anyone say a word. I get curious people who are interested where we are from and ask questions.

I'm sorry but this racism stuff just doesn't happen on a regular basis. The media just wants money for this junk and so many people buy into it.

If someone did say something, I'd have a mouthful for them... but that stuff just really doesn't happen much.

Old 08-06-2015, 06:36 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,552,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No, I wouldn't be ok with it. What difference does the race of the people speaking Spanish or English loudly have to do with it? At least English wouldn't be as annoying as it wouldn't sound like babble. But yes, speaking loudly so that others can't enjoy their meals or shopping experiences is rude.
In other words, you're mad at yourself that you can't understand what they're saying & you're paranoid that they're talking about you. Maybe you just need to get tougher skin.

Old 08-06-2015, 06:39 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,358,417 times
Quote:
Then why are her English skills so poor? Or does she just have an aversion to speaking it?
Huh? My friend speaks both Spanish and English fluently, because she was raised in a bilingual household. Her family lived in the San Luis Valley for many generations before moving north into the Front Range. Her children are also bilingual.

Old 08-06-2015, 06:40 PM

62,880 posts, read 29,110,011 times
Quote:

When did Trump say he was offended by hearing Spanish spoken? I'll wait.

Old 08-06-2015, 06:41 PM

62,880 posts, read 29,110,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Huh? My friend speaks both Spanish and English fluently, because she was raised in a bilingual household. Her family lived in the San Luis Valley for many generations before moving north into the Front Range. Her children are also bilingual.
I was talking about the Hispanic woman in the video that claimed her English is not so good. Yet apparently she has been here for years if not born here.

Old 08-06-2015, 06:44 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,920,376 times
Quote:
I was talking about the Hispanic woman in the video that claimed her English is not so good. Yet apparently she has been here for years if not born here.

Yet, you go to their countries and you see a bunch of fat American expats who don't talk to anyone except other Americans and never learn the language of the country they're in.

Don't give me that crap about "never learning the language".

Also, people who say that anyone needs to learn English in the US is a communist piece of trash. We're a free country and free to speak whatever we want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events