Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2015, 07:11 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times

Advertisements

Please.

These slaps on the wrist teach nobody anything.

Sexual assault gets a stern lecture and a vacation from school?

Laughable.

Old 09-21-2015, 07:14 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,189,271 times
They should drop the charges immediately. He's a middle schooler, this should be a discipline issue. A waste of legal resources, let alone a draconian punishment for the kid. It's way too easy to get people in legal trouble these days.

Old 09-21-2015, 07:14 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,318,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Please.

These slaps on the wrist teach nobody anything.

Sexual assault gets a stern lecture and a vacation from school?

Laughable.
Do you really believe the only way people learn life lessons is through criminal charges? Please answer the question.

Old 09-21-2015, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Do you really believe the only way people learn life lessons is through criminal charges? Please answer the question.
Of course not.

But if you commit a crime, then logically...criminal charges ensue.

What if he set fire to a nursing home? Or stole a car? Or broke into your house, beat your dog, and stole your TV?

I think the problem here is you people honestly don't believe this girl was assaulted. And that's sick.

Old 09-21-2015, 07:47 PM

1,170 posts, read 1,024,870 times
Quote:
Of course not.

What if he set fire to a nursing home? Or stole a car? Or broke into your house, beat your dog, and stole your TV?

I think the problem here is you people honestly don't believe this girl was assaulted. And that's sick.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawa1992 View Post
They should drop the charges immediately. He's a middle schooler, this should be a discipline issue. A waste of legal resources, let alone a draconian punishment for the kid. It's way too easy to get people in legal trouble these days.
Nobody "got him in trouble". He (on a dare) sexually assaulted a girl that on every set of facts did NOT in any way want the assault.

Old 09-21-2015, 07:51 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,470,727 times
Y'all do realise you can spread herpes that way, right? I mean, maybe its not as big of a deal, but it is not that alien of a concept that a person feels harassed by an unwanted kiss.

Old 09-21-2015, 07:52 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,318,510 times
Quote:
Of course not.

Anything can be a crime.

I do think the girl was assaulted. I also think many things can fall under the "assault" term. For example, one of my kids was bitten in kindergarten. He had a bruise the color of a plum on his upper arm. Visible teeth marks and everything. Should the biter have faced criminal charges? IMO, ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Old 09-21-2015, 07:55 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,470,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonderella View Post
Here's another link with slightly more information. Apparently the boy grabbed her shirt near her stomach, and forcibly open-mouth kissed her. He did it on a dare, with his buddies egging him on.

8th Grader Facing Assault Charge For Kissing Classmate At Pikesville Middle School « CBS Baltimore

The definition of assault is unwanted physical contact. That is exactly what happened here.

If somebody did that to my 14-year old daughter, I would also press charges. It's not cute, it's not "boys will be boys". It's assault.

He's being charged as a juvenile, so this isn't going to ruin his life by any means, but maybe he - and any other boys who may be watching this case - will think twice before they grab another girl and shove a tongue down an unwilling throat.
I agree with you. I've always hated any kind of dare which involved something intimate like a kiss, or something sexual, to someone, without their knowledge. Plus, it just harbours an attitude in young boys that it is okay to play games which involve using a girl's body like that. That is not how anyone should kiss anyone. You ask them "Can I kiss you?" and you DON'T if they don't want you to. You don't just run up and do it without them expecting, unless you are in a relationship with them and have established it is okay.

Old 09-21-2015, 08:15 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,394,970 times
Quote:
I could agree with suspension. Certainly not removing the child from the school. Absolutely not.
I agree based on the one instance, but we don't know this student and his history. It depends on extenuating circumstances. He may have a history of bullying/hurting other students. We don't know, but it might be an option available. It's very rare a student is expelled, but frequency and severity of misbehavior may play a role.

Old 09-21-2015, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Anything can be a crime.

I do think the girl was assaulted. I also think many things can fall under the "assault" term. For example, one of my kids was bitten in kindergarten. He had a bruise the color of a plum on his upper arm. Visible teeth marks and everything. Should the biter have faced criminal charges? IMO, ABSOLUTELY NOT.
13 year old = 4 year old.

This is the kind of logic we are dealing with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events