Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2015, 11:49 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,999,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Criminalizing normal human/child behavior as an alternative to common sense corrective actions, getting 5 y.o. arrested, yup, the future is bright indeed. The law works, common sense doesnt.
I'm sorry you think grabbing a girl and forcibly kissing her and sticking your tongue in her mouth is "normal human/child behavior." I'm sorry if you think a 13 year old who believes he has to perform a dare no matter what or how invasive or unnecessary it is is normal behavior. A child that age should know better. A child that age will be charged with murder if he kills someone, possibly even as an adult. Why is this different?

We're not talking about a five year old here.

Old 09-22-2015, 11:52 AM

1,170 posts, read 1,024,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Can we not hijack the thread with illogical posts about feminism and consent that don't even make sense when reading? It's like reading gibberish. Enough. My head hurts reading these posts.

It's quite clear what the law is on this subject. Authorities reacted accordingly. People are acting like WE(supporters) charged the kid and made the law. The kid was charged based on the law. He will be punished with consideration of the circumstances, and his record will likely be expunged once he reaches 18 anyway. This will be a lesson for him, one he needs if his parents are anything like some of the posters here.
I blocked him (the forum equivalent of MY tinfoil hat ).

Old 09-22-2015, 11:54 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,595,089 times
Quote:
I'm sorry you think grabbing a girl and forcibly kissing her and sticking your tongue in her mouth is "normal human/child behavior." I'm sorry if you think a 13 year old who believes he has to perform a dare no matter what or how invasive or unnecessary it is is normal behavior. A child that age should know better. A child that age will be charged with murder if he kills someone, possibly even as an adult. Why is this different?

We're not talking about a five year old here.
And exactly how you think kids learned "normal" behavior in the past? By trial and error, just like that one, punishable by kick in the butt or a slap. Good thing police state of absurd is taking over. We are blessed.

Old 09-22-2015, 12:05 PM

Kids learn normal behavior by having parents, teachers, and other adults show and tell them what is right and wrong. It's not the kid's fault if those people fail, but that doesn't mean the kid shouldn't suffer consequences, especially when what he or she does hurts someone else in any way.

In today's schools, if she hit him in return, they both would have gotten in trouble for what they did because schools no longer believe in the violence policy. You don't combat violence with more violence. Nobody wins when that happens, not in a school setting like that.

Old 09-22-2015, 12:17 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Kids learn normal behavior by having parents, teachers, and other adults show and tell them what is right and wrong. It's not the kid's fault if those people fail, but that doesn't mean the kid shouldn't suffer consequences, especially when what he or she does hurts someone else in any way.

In today's schools, if she hit him in return, they both would have gotten in trouble for what they did because schools no longer believe in the violence policy. You don't combat violence with more violence. Nobody wins when that happens, not in a school setting like that.
Teachers sadly can only do so much when it comes to correcting behavior. Parents have to lay the ground work for right and wrong and help promote it as often as possible. Should they not, it is an uphill battle.

Too many people think hitting is the appropriate action but it isn't at all. Just look at the one poster who complained that he tossed a kid in a river as a kid and had it on his record years later.

Old 09-22-2015, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Teachers sadly can only do so much when it comes to correcting behavior. Parents have to lay the ground work for right and wrong and help promote it as often as possible. Should they not, it is an uphill battle.

Too many people think hitting is the appropriate action but it isn't at all. Just look at the one poster who complained that he tossed a kid in a river as a kid and had it on his record years later.
Oh of course it is primarily the parents' responsibility. I absolutely agree with that.

I am truly alarmed and saddened at what many people have shared on here so far. No wonder the world is so screwed up. We have people thinking assault is okay, blaming the victim, saying she should have responded with violence, and claiming what this boy did is normal school behavior.

In seventh grade a troubled student stabbed me in the hand with a mechanical pencil. Why? Because our desks had been set up in fours for group work, like a big square, facing each other and my pinky finger was resting on his desk. Not my whole hand, just my pinky. He didn't like that. I was sent to the nurse and he was reported to the principal. He didn't last very long in our school and moved to the CAP school for juvenile delinquents. Based on responses here, I assume this assault is fine and I should have just punched the kid in the nose, right?

Old 09-22-2015, 02:59 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Man oh man, grasping at straws much? <bold>. The kid was pushed into 4 feet of water and even if I tossed him in the middle his head would've been above water. Attempted drowning? Wouldn't one have to try and hold someone under the water? Gotta love jailhouse lawyers...
Let me show you the previous post and then explain it to you in a language we can all easily understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Let me tell you a little (true) story. When I was this kids age I had a neighborhood kid who always ran his mouth insulting other kids, he especially like to do so and then run into his house, open the front window and berate those of us who waited outside to teach him a lesson.
One day while we walked to the bus stop I'd had enough and picked up this little twit and tossed him in the (calm, lazy) river we had to walk next to. He obviously got soaked.
Next thing I know I'm standing in front of the assistant principal AND a cop whom his mother had called being told I was to be suspended and an assault report was being filed.
Fast forward 30 years and I had a background check done on me by a workers comp insurance company prior to a hearing. Imagine my SHOCK that this actually came up.
So much for buried and sealed.
You said river and never said how deep. It could have been four feet or it could have been six to eight. I wouldn't know unless I knew the river in question or you told me. Sure it was a "calm, lazy river" but don't people drown in "calm, lazy pools?" That's key. How would you know if the kid could swim and float or not unless the school had a pool and/or you were in scouts with the guy who "berated" you and others. Too many issues that weren't accounted in your post for me not to make a grasping at straws comment without knowing it. That's the case in this case too. Many people think it is a simple kiss, just as many think it was more than that.

Old 09-22-2015, 03:04 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,121,435 times
Considering the demographic of this forum, why am I not surprised that, "boys will be boys, shoot, I am sick of PC" is the predominant replies here. Any kind of penetration (tongue-mouth in this case) is a serious criminal act in my book.

Mick

Old 09-22-2015, 03:29 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,544,998 times
This has to be one of the dumbest things that someone can be upset over. A child who had a crush on someone took a chance & kissed someone he liked. Yet, no one is worried about who or how the next arse hat who gets elected into is going to screw us over. AGAIN. Something is really wrong with those who see this has a big deal.

Old 09-22-2015, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
This has to be one of the dumbest things that someone can be upset over. A child who had a crush on someone took a chance & kissed someone he liked. Yet, no one is worried about who or how the next arse hat who gets elected into is going to screw us over. AGAIN. Something is really wrong with those who see this has a big deal.
Someone doesn't know how to read...

8th Grader Facing Assault Charge For Kissing Classmate At Pikesville Middle School « CBS Baltimore
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events