Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2017, 10:49 PM

386 posts, read 327,749 times

Advertisements

They slept in the same bed the night before...more than friends huh?
Why did he visit this same area two weeks earlier?
Gun wasn't used for warning shots was it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2017, 11:48 PM

102,235 posts, read 108,093,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdude222 View Post
They slept in the same bed the night before...more than friends huh?
Why did he visit this same area two weeks earlier?
Gun wasn't used for warning shots was it?
They did? Where did this info come from?

Old 10-25-2017, 12:40 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,118,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I read the linked article. Read the comments. Read an article linked in the comments.

It turns out he was out there in the park 2 weeks earlier, scouting out the trails.
Oooh ... I missed that one. It makes me question that whole "initially planned as a group event" thingy.

Quote:
I guess, when severely dehydrated, one can get delusional? Delirious, and make poor decisions?

If he was so cautious as to check out the trail in advance, why wouldn't he have been cautious enough to bring enough water and food for a full day of hiking?

Things still don't quite add up.
Yeah; I wondered about the dehydration factor too. After all, there are accounts of people who were found dead just yards away from safety, with evidence that suggested they had been going in circles from disorientation.

Realistically, that's probably wishful thinking on my part. It's just so awful. There is just more to this ... if you noticed in the comments; those people within their community that were talking "to" each other through the comments by saying "call me" or "Is this ...?" But the comments to the general public were like: "It was a mercy killing!"

Old 10-25-2017, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Seriously, you went searching for family member's social media pages? Does no one have respect for a grieving family's privacy any more?
It came up as a news report, searched specifically under "news". Given the girl's last name it would have taken days to have found her or random family members myself, as I am not very familiar with the site.

I thought that the reporter desperately posting "Can you talk today?", was pushy & invasive.

Old 10-25-2017, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
Some people like to see conspiracy theories in everything.

If he wanted to commit a murder/suicide, there's not really any reason to go all the way out to a National Park to do it.
It isn't a conspiracy theory, it's a reality theory. And I'd love to be wrong.

Her birthday, the death embrace ... it just feels like drama & staging. And it's not uncommon as far as forensic homicide investigations go but you do hear about that more with serial offenders. Their trademark gimmicks, also the staging, etc ... It's just something disturbed people are known to do.

Old 10-25-2017, 08:39 AM

29,528 posts, read 22,714,341 times
Yes the posed/staged embrace is odd and creepy as hell.

I looked up online the topic of crime scene staging and very interesting info.

An embrace hardly proves mercy killing, since some seem so fixated on the embrace as absolute 'proof' of this.

Old 10-25-2017, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Oooh ... I missed that one. It makes me question that whole "initially planned as a group event" thingy.

Yeah; I wondered about the dehydration factor too. After all, there are accounts of people who were found dead just yards away from safety, with evidence that suggested they had been going in circles from disorientation.

Realistically, that's probably wishful thinking on my part. It's just so awful. There is just more to this ... if you noticed in the comments; those people within their community that were talking "to" each other through the comments by saying "call me" or "Is this ...?" But the comments to the general public were like: "It was a mercy killing!"
Well, you could read that either way. You could say that as a responsible group organizer, he went out in advance to survey the trail. But the way things went down in the end, would lead one to read it differently. Also, if everyone else in the group cancelled, why didn't the two of them cancel? Were the others encouraged by him to cancel, behind the scenes, or did they cancel due to the heat, or personal reasons? Of course, we'll never know, but these are the questions that come to mind.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 10-25-2017 at 08:51 AM..

Old 10-25-2017, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Yes the posed/staged embrace is odd and creepy as hell.

I looked up online the topic of crime scene staging and very interesting info.

An embrace hardly proves mercy killing, since some seem so fixated on the embrace as absolute 'proof' of this.
It makes me think that since he couldn't have her as a partner in life, the only way he could have her was in death. Definitely creepy.

Old 10-25-2017, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
Some people like to see conspiracy theories in everything.

If he wanted to commit a murder/suicide, there's not really any reason to go all the way out to a National Park to do it.
It's what police are paid to do. They're supposed to look into all possible angles. Apparently in this case, they never ruled out murder, but the perp is dead, so I guess they're not pursuing it.

Old 10-25-2017, 08:53 AM

29,528 posts, read 22,714,341 times
Quote:
It's what police are paid to do. They're supposed to look into all possible angles. Apparently in this case, they never ruled out murder, but the perp is dead, so I guess they're not pursuing it.
Yes it's a 'win' for them and the family since it's much easier to accept as a mercy killing/suicide and not as an obsessed creep that couldn't bear to live without her love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events