Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2022, 01:18 AM

23,864 posts, read 33,540,585 times

Advertisements

Well it makes it easier for Musk to start fresh. They did him a huge favor by quitting.

Now it opens up a lot of tech jobs for those having a hard time finding one after being laid off. I would not have offered them a severance pay. They quit they get nothing but unemployment. Hopefully he can back out of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2022, 01:22 AM

24,608 posts, read 9,442,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Haha, the train wreck just keeps going.
You call it train wreck, I call it fresh start.

It's so nice to see all political spectrums tweets being fact checked now, instead of just one.

Old 11-18-2022, 02:09 AM

23,864 posts, read 33,540,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post

It's so nice to see all political spectrums tweets being fact checked now, instead of just one.

Agree that it's a fresh start.

Old 11-18-2022, 03:09 AM

15,417 posts, read 9,059,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post

Not a great fresh start.

Old 11-18-2022, 03:34 AM

9,510 posts, read 9,082,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Not a great fresh start.
Here in this tech article, it lists a top 10 list on why Twitter is good. Easy to use is at the top of the list. Learns skills, get information, learn about cultures, the list is long.

https://www.makeuseof.com/why-twitter-is-actually-good/

Last edited by johnsonkk; 11-18-2022 at 03:44 AM..

Old 11-18-2022, 06:54 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,074,570 times
Just a few observations....

Musk is borderline genius...he apparently thinks at a level unique to most of us. I would not bet against him. Witness his ability to change the automobile in a meaningful way for the first time in a century. Space program is light years ahead of NASA and Boeing...who have spent BILLIONS and are years late in just about everything they touch. SpaceX not so much.

Having hired and fired plenty of people, if you don't wish to work here, Don't. There are plenty of smart, accomplished people who will always step in. Don't ever think you are not expendable. We ALL are.

Who knows what designs Musk has for twitter. Probably WAY outside the box of my thinking. Don't be surprised if he makes another acquisition and bolts the two together. Social Media is WAY outside my realm of reasonable thinking. Musk? Not so much.

How would you like to be one of the banks holding BILLIONS of the debt which they underwrote so Musk could buy twitter? Those folks are in the boss's office this morning having a chat, to be certain.

Stay tuned. We're only seeing the beginning.

Old 11-18-2022, 06:55 AM

50,730 posts, read 36,447,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Nah... There are massive layoffs in the Tech Industry right now. Techies will be swarming him with applications.

Plus he has the Tech from his other companies that can help pick up any slack. He's about to put people on the moon. Finding people for Twitter will be a breeze.
It doesn't seem to be the case. It seems all of his engineers refused to give in to his ultimatum to sign his "I will work myself to death" pledge, so he is back peddling. He also backpedaled on rescinding remote work. Now employees can work remotely as long as their manager will attest that they are doing "excellent work".

For people who use Twitter, be warned that all the people in charge of protecting your personal information left, too.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/musk-...001506829.html

https://www.cnet.com/culture/hundred...sks-ultimatum/

Old 11-18-2022, 06:58 AM

50,730 posts, read 36,447,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Labor unrest at SpaceX as well and allegations of illegal retaliatory firings-

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...zed-elon-musk/
Similar issues at Tesla.

Old 11-18-2022, 07:32 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,171,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
It doesn't seem to be the case. It seems all of his engineers refused to give in to his ultimatum to sign his "I will work myself to death" pledge, so he is back peddling. He also backpedaled on rescinding remote work. Now employees can work remotely as long as their manager will attest that they are doing "excellent work".

For people who use Twitter, be warned that all the people in charge of protecting your personal information left, too.
From what I read, a few hundred walked away yesterday which still left thousands employed.

And he said from the beginning he was open to Work from Home if there was a legitimate reason.

Old 11-18-2022, 07:38 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,372,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
"What do you mean you don't want to sign up to work twice as hard for the same amount of money while I make erratic decisions and publicly insult your work and your work ethic? I'm a business genius!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events