Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2022, 01:07 PM

2,557 posts, read 2,216,835 times

Advertisements

Makes you wonder how we ever managed before there was a Twitter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2022, 01:35 PM

43,055 posts, read 18,237,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post
Makes you wonder how we ever managed before there was a Twitter.
Discussion forums like this !

Old 11-16-2022, 01:54 PM

3,184 posts, read 1,659,838 times
The main problem with Twitter was that Jack Dorsay was terrible leader compared to Elon Musk. Most people didn't even know who runs Twitter. Twitter was innovative, coming up with a thread based dialogue and social media platform out of it. The problem was that Jack started being very partial and biased over the years because of their very biased TOS team. It wasn't simply Trump that's been banned, there are a lot of other voices being canceled out by Twitter.

So for people today to say they will boycott Twitter, that's been happening for many years. What Twitter now needs is being more business focused and less impartial.

I don't care what Musk says or does, I don't care what Jack Dorsay says or believe but to cancel culture needs to stop for people to come together.

Any platform that seeks to cancel out opposing opinions and voices will simply increase the amount of toxicity and hate.

Twitter as a platform needs re-org, they've been losing money 10 out of 11 years, so they do need to be more business focus.

Facebook or Meta also doing the same because Mark Zuckerberg lost site of business.

Old 11-16-2022, 04:41 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,425,556 times
I agree that Twitter is not worth 44 billion dollars. It's probably not even worth a billion.

Old 11-16-2022, 08:39 PM

23,862 posts, read 33,533,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
The main problem with Twitter was that Jack Dorsay was terrible leader compared to Elon Musk. Most people didn't even know who runs Twitter. Twitter was innovative, coming up with a thread based dialogue and social media platform out of it. The problem was that Jack started being very partial and biased over the years because of their very biased TOS team. It wasn't simply Trump that's been banned, there are a lot of other voices being canceled out by Twitter.

So for people today to say they will boycott Twitter, that's been happening for many years. What Twitter now needs is being more business focused and less impartial.

I don't care what Musk says or does, I don't care what Jack Dorsay says or believe but to cancel culture needs to stop for people to come together.

Any platform that seeks to cancel out opposing opinions and voices will simply increase the amount of toxicity and hate.

Twitter as a platform needs re-org, they've been losing money 10 out of 11 years, so they do need to be more business focus.

Facebook or Meta also doing the same because Mark Zuckerberg lost site of business.

Back in 2013 I was working a missing person's case, it was the first time we used Twitter along with the Facebook missing page. I had to set it on the Facebook side to allow me to link to my twitter, so that no matter what we posted on facebook also got auto posted to twitter. It worked great.

Now it seems facebook merged with everyone like instagram and tiktok but not twitter.

Old 11-16-2022, 09:07 PM

10,547 posts, read 7,743,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Just more of the same ole same ole secondhand statements but not quotes and no names..

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/16/tech/...ter/index.html

“Going forward, to build a breakthrough Twitter 2.0 and succeed in an increasingly competitive world, we will need to be extremely hardcore,” Musk wrote in the memo. “This will mean working long hours at high intensity. Only exceptional performance will constitute a passing grade.”

Old 11-16-2022, 09:30 PM

10,547 posts, read 7,743,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
You're entitled to an opinion but your opinion is not entitled to respect when it is ill-informed.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnbbr...h=62252ea65643

"Here’s a question I’ve been wondering about:

Is Elon Musk trying to destroy Twitter?

I’m not sure why the new owner of the social media app would want to do that. Yet, if the decisions he’s making are any indication, it almost seems like that’s the plan..."

"John Brandon is a well-known journalist who has published over 15,000 articles on social media, technology, leadership, mentoring, and many other topics. Before starting his writing career in 2001, he worked as an Information Design Director at Best Buy Corporation. Follow him on Twitter: https://twitter.com/jmbrandonbb"

To be clear, it's not my opinion, but perhaps you're the one who is ill informed.

Old 11-16-2022, 09:44 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,663,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
This is what I don't get, why do some seem to resent these employees so much? 99.9% of people are going to be unhappy with instantaneous sweeping changes at their workplace, it doesn't make them "entitled". It's normal.

And I think the way he went about it was not good.
Exactly, NO one is entitled in the Bay Area...NOT. A dose of real life for them?

Old 11-16-2022, 10:30 PM

282 posts, read 216,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
This is what I don't get, why do some seem to resent these employees so much? 99.9% of people are going to be unhappy with instantaneous sweeping changes at their workplace, it doesn't make them "entitled". It's normal.

And I think the way he went about it was not good.
They are taking out their anger over the political things like Trump being suspended from Twitter on these employees. The fired employees are their punching bag and way of feeling like they are getting revenge against the old Twitter for what was done to their heroes.

Old 11-17-2022, 05:23 AM

3,184 posts, read 1,659,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Back in 2013 I was working a missing person's case, it was the first time we used Twitter along with the Facebook missing page. I had to set it on the Facebook side to allow me to link to my twitter, so that no matter what we posted on facebook also got auto posted to twitter. It worked great.

Now it seems facebook merged with everyone like instagram and tiktok but not twitter.
It makes sense because Zuckerberg is no longer cooperating with other tech companies and feels that it's tin the dominant position to make other companies play with its rules. That's why they are in battle with Apple, Twitter, and even Google to some degree. He wants FB to be the internet. In many ways like AOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events