Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2022, 07:42 PM

10,547 posts, read 7,739,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Disgruntled ex employees for one.....
But what would they achieve with this? Dampen enthusiasm for new hires, perhaps. I don't think so.

The fake and hacked accounts plaguing Twitter lately, that could be disgruntled employees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2022, 08:33 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,248,594 times
Saddle up partner, the internet wild west is back!

Old 11-13-2022, 03:59 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,205,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
"Twitter managers have told some staff to work 12-hour shifts, seven days a week — equivalent to 84 hours a week — to meet Musk's deadlines, CNBC reported, citing internal communications.

..Since Friday, staff at the company have been set tasks which some see as a test by Musk's team to see who works hard.
Just more of the same ole same ole secondhand statements but not quotes and no names. And maybe some managers are trying to crack the whip in the hopes of saving their own jobs but that is not nearly the same thing as alleging that Musk told workers to expect 80 hour weeks.

Old 11-13-2022, 04:03 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,205,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Okay, I will concede the point that the 80 hours thing is not verifiable. But the rest is, and it's clear he's driving Twitter rapidly into the ground. IMO the bankruptcy part is much more significant then the 80 hours thing.

Their stock crashed last week, investors lost 29 billion in one day.
I'm sorry, what is "the rest"?

What stock? Twitter was delisted last Monday and there is no more common stock. Investors lost nothing. They were paid the purchase share price that Musk agreed on.

Old 11-13-2022, 06:28 PM

7,677 posts, read 5,522,852 times
Twitter cuts a large number of contract workers without giving internal teams a heads up
Quote:
Platformer reported that 4,400 out of 5,500 contractors at Twitter experienced job cuts.

Employees told CNBC that they had no notice that their contractor peers would be dismissed or when, and said Twitter has also recently terminated all of its internal communications team.

Old 11-13-2022, 07:16 PM

43,055 posts, read 18,231,767 times
Facebook did the same thing

Company had too much bloat

Old 11-13-2022, 07:27 PM

7,677 posts, read 5,522,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Facebook did the same thing

Company had too much bloat
So why didn’t Musk just start a Twitter competitor? It would have been a heck of a lot cheaper.

Old 11-13-2022, 07:42 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,725,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Exactly. Lots of workers over the decades have lost jobs after the business changed hands or shut down. We didn't cry about it and weep "Oh, Poor me". We strengthened our resumes and found other jobs. That's just life.
Yep. Happened to me a long time ago. I was doing part time at the Paramount Theater in Seattle. I was an usher - I took the job for some extra money, and I got to watch the shows for free. Win/win.

No one told us that there was going to be a changing of the guards. I went to work for a show, along with co-workers, and that is when we found out that there were new people in charge, and they had their own people with them, already, with 'Security' shirts and everything. We didn't have 'Security' shirts, we were just to dress nicely in black and white.

They gathered us all around, and informed us that they were the new bosses, and that we need not worry, they would be taking most of us on. Liars. They took none of us on.

Surprise! You're out of a job!

Not going to lie, we were all pretty ticked at the way they did it, but you mutter under your breath about evil people on your walk home, and then you go find another job.

In fact, this is the first time, ever, that I've talked about it to anyone but myself on that walk home.

Old 11-13-2022, 10:58 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,425,556 times
Maybe Elon Musk is trying to scare the old employees into quitting, that way he won't have to give them all a severance package.

Old 11-14-2022, 06:47 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,367,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Maybe Elon Musk is trying to scare the old employees into quitting, that way he won't have to give them all a severance package.
That's exactly what he did with Tesla not too long ago, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events