Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2012, 03:27 PM

22,184 posts, read 14,821,393 times

Advertisements

The weather is crazy everywhere!
Warmest March ever.
Tornado season doesn't start till May.

Its going to be a wild summer!!

Old 04-16-2012, 04:45 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,438,920 times
I agree, Bob. I'm dreading hurricane season this year.

Old 04-16-2012, 08:32 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,200,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
I agree, Bob. I'm dreading hurricane season this year.
They are actually predicting a really slow hurricane year....of course it only takes one bad one to mess up a whole lot of people.

Here are the names for 2012:
  • Alberto (unused)
  • Beryl (unused)
  • Chris (unused)
  • Debby (unused)
  • Ernesto (unused)
  • Florence (unused)
  • Gordon (unused)
  • Helene (unused)
  • Isaac (unused)
  • Joyce (unused)
  • Kirk (unused)
  • Leslie (unused)
  • Michael (unused)
  • Nadine (unused)
  • Oscar (unused)
  • Patty (unused)
  • Rafael (unused)
  • Sandy (unused)
  • Tony (unused)
  • Valerie (unused)
  • William (unused)
2012 Atlantic hurricane season - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-17-2012, 12:30 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,531,028 times
Okay, I read the last couple of pages or so......TFW, have you heard from keta?

I can't even make out what's on that mailbox, GB. Old fishing tackle or tool boxes?
The video of Queenie is cute!

We had a strange weekend.......sun, very charcoal-gray clouds, sleet, horrendous winds, light rain, snow in the mountains, (all the ski areas got several inches on closing day), more sleet, lightning, thunder.......

We had 2 storms hit us....one came over from S. CA. and one swirled down from Nebraska/Wyoming....

Today was a nice, spring day, no wind at all.....blue skies.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:50 AM

Quote:
I'm so glad you're enjoying the fan. I keep one on my nightstand and another on my computer desk.

The Texas radar shows that Dallas apparently escaped the bad weather that caused a tornado in Norman, OK and is supposed to hit KS and other states hard. So Ketabcha should be ok.

Maybe Wurzig is busy taking her daughter back to school?

And I read Camper's post. I think that gal could have fun camping no matter what.
Yep, I have been writing travelogues on the Montana porch......telling about the lodging in case somebody stays in those towns......

I can't remember when I wrote last about the trip.......I did take her back to Missoula at the end of spring break..the plane costs were out-of-this-world....($1,300 for one way and it usually costs @ $300).....we started out before sunrise on Easter......drove almost 900 miles that day....lots of new snow in the mountain passes once we hit Montana....thought we were never going to get there...the deer come out at dusk to eat, the roads are dark, it gets pretty scary.... (You see antelope during daylight hours......they stand right by the cattle and graze away). My windshield cracked, so I got it replaced this week....sigh....(and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will be aok on the drive in May). I love seeing all the deer and antelope......and baby calves.......just as long as they stay away from my car....(lots of road kill).

I got to my hotel in Missoula late..slept across from the river, so it was a nice sound...(you know the movie, A River Runs Though It, right? In that movie, I truly thought young Brad Pitt was Robert Redford's son.....).....got up the next morning and drove as far as Billings..(stopped at Costco in Bozeman....)...did not sleep well, (was near a loud a/c system for the building)......and the next night, I was home....long, long drive.... Driving alone is lonely, but you get to stop where and when you want......

WY. has the cheapest gas in the nation, so I have learned to 'gas up' in the last big town before I hit CO.......which is Cheyenne. Don't know if I have ever mentioned this before, but go to gasbuddy.com and key in your zip code and you will find the cheapest gas in your area.....people sign on and report what they find...(if your area doesn't show up, it is because nobody is participating, so email it to all your friends and ask them to start being a gas buddy). One of the screens shows the whole USA....it's interesting.

We are starting to see all the beautiful spring birds......lots of robins.....lots of others.......so pretty.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:58 AM

Tornado Chase Live Map Interactive

This is a live tornado site that I was watching over the weekend......and it has a live chat at times..... There are storm chaser guys and boy, were their friends worried..... The site shows where they are located when they are out and about...(you'll see little cars on the map when they are active)....I guess their vehicles carry some type of tracking devices...

Old 04-17-2012, 01:39 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,438,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
Okay, I read the last couple of pages or so......TFW, have you heard from keta?

She posted on the Dancing With the Stars TV thread a few minutes ago so I'm sure she's ok -- and up late (or early) like I am.

Old 04-17-2012, 06:56 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,007,468 times
Morning 'y'all!!!!!

Old 04-17-2012, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post

I can't even make out what's on that mailbox, GB. Old fishing tackle or tool boxes?
It's a MOTOR city-girl.

Were the pane tickets so high due to it being spring break?

Quote:
She posted on the Dancing With the Stars TV thread a few minutes ago so I'm sure she's ok -- and up late (or early) like I am.
Lord, I'm a heterosexual middle aged woman....and used to think Julianne Hough was hot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Morning 'y'all!!!!!
Morning Camper!

Can't believe I'm so excited about going to my parent's house for the weekend...or as Izzy puts it.....me and nanny's vatacation.

Old 04-17-2012, 07:22 AM

Isn't this the cutest picture??

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff