Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2020, 06:24 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times

Advertisements

I thought I wanted to go "all natural" but.... - I only look at myself when I go out in public and do some make up - none of us are going to look like Christie Brinkley

Old 01-23-2020, 09:52 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
Hi youse guys!

Looks like we are all getting our hair cut and car troubles are behind us, knock on wood.

I had to take in my Honda due to a recall. I was without him for a day and a half. Honestly, it's like a family member is away for a while. Meanwhile, I met the greatest service manager in the history of mankind. I now feel like I have an actual friend at the dealership. That is a bodacious feeling to have. The car is a 2004 and I bought it brand new from this dealership. In all that time I have only had to take the car in twice. Amazing. Again, knock on wood.

Old 01-23-2020, 03:36 PM

Good to hear from you (still haven't gotten a hair cut, LOL) - amazing that you found a great service mgr.! I don't really care for the dealership where I bought my car (it changed hands). I drive my cars for many, many, many yrs. Sadly, more recalls seem to be issued now, everything comes from China - I had to have my airbag replaced due to a recall (but who knows if it was actually done?) - I've been nothing but happy otherwise w/my car, it's a 2010 Corolla and doing great! (hope I don't jinx it - hehe) - I also previously had a Corolla for 20 yrs. - it was still running great but the radio didn't work, the a/c didn't work and I couldn't put the drivers side window down. I am a fan of Toyota and Honda and hope they continue to make reliable vehicles.

Old 01-24-2020, 06:09 AM

4,723 posts, read 4,413,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I thought I wanted to go "all natural" but.... - I only look at myself when I go out in public and do some make up - none of us are going to look like Christie Brinkley
Hey Flamingo~ Don't get me started on Christie Brinkley. I feel compelled to comment. She was a great looking model, certainly superior looking woman. She has done some harsh plastic surgery and is passing it off as good genes and skin care.
I think she might have had some of it corrected but for a time, she really looked part Asian as they mucked up her eyelift.
I am not usually so catty and harsh, but it really irritated me to see her selling skin care and promoting herself as a role model for aging.

Old 01-24-2020, 04:34 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
Hey Flamingo~ Don't get me started on Christie Brinkley. I feel compelled to comment. She was a great looking model, certainly superior looking woman. She has done some harsh plastic surgery and is passing it off as good genes and skin care.
I think she might have had some of it corrected but for a time, she really looked part Asian as they mucked up her eyelift.
I am not usually so catty and harsh, but it really irritated me to see her selling skin care and promoting herself as a role model for aging.
Don't be so shy. Tell us how you really feel. I feel the same way. No truth in advertising or honor any more. Besides, whats wrong with looking your age. It's not like we can't do the math.

Old 01-24-2020, 05:46 PM

I don't follow any "celebrity" selling any product. I guess I haven't seen a recent pic. of her, I have seen some "celebrities" that are pretty scary that have all the "work" they have had done (and don't get me started on those that do those big lip, LOL) - I basically just want to look healthy and NORMAL

Old 01-25-2020, 04:11 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post

I agree totally with you, Mayvenne. There are so many celebrities who have had face-lifts and then advertise a facial product as the reason for their younger-looking faces.

I'm not against face-lifts at all. In Hollyweird people (men and women) almost have to have plastic surgery for their careers. But then they refuse to admit it, even when there are pre-surgical photos of them all over the internet.

Same with those who lose weight on a national weight-loss program (like Nutrisystem, Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig) but dont tell you that they had a personal chef and a personal trainer to lose the weight. There's one celebrity who advertises for Nutrisystem and claims to have lost 50 pounds 10 years ago on the program. What that person doesnt tell you is that she had a personal trainer to lose that weight. I didnt realize this until she broke a leg about 5 years ago and gained all the weight back when she was in a wheelchair. When someone asked her about her weight gain, she admitted that she couldnt exercise with her leg in a cast. After the cast came off she lost the weight again.

Old 01-25-2020, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Hi youse guys!

Looks like we are all getting our hair cut and car troubles are behind us, knock on wood.

I had to take in my Honda due to a recall. I was without him for a day and a half. Honestly, it's like a family member is away for a while. Meanwhile, I met the greatest service manager in the history of mankind. I now feel like I have an actual friend at the dealership. That is a bodacious feeling to have. The car is a 2004 and I bought it brand new from this dealership. In all that time I have only had to take the car in twice. Amazing. Again, knock on wood.

KETABCHA!!! How wonderful to "see" you!! So glad to hear you have a friend in the service manager.

Old 02-05-2020, 05:55 PM

I'm pretty sure Ketabcha is going to get some snow/sleet/ice tonight. But what about you, Camper? It looks like you may be getting the tail end of some bad weather.

Ketabcha may be used to ice/snow but Camper's area doesnt get that kind of weather often. And my area doesnt ever get it except maybe a light dusting once every 10-15 years.

Mayvenne and MPowering are probably used to icy/snowy weather but that doesnt make it any less miserable. One of my grandsons lives in Minneapolis and he's never gotten used to it.

Stay inside and stay warm, all of you!

Old 02-06-2020, 06:39 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
We got snow!!!! Lol. Well what we call snow anyway. It only lasted a few minutes bur Facebook was blowing up with people posting their.pictures!! I could only get a few shots, I'll send you a picture in a little while TFW but don't laugh. We enjoyed it. . Some of it is still around but mostly it's sjut cold this morning. Still showing 30 outside.

Going to Visit Rita today. This is the first anniversary ( I hate that term in this reference) of her husband's death and I don't want her to be alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff