Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2020, 11:45 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,447,098 times

Advertisements

I need to look for some freebie magazines too. Some of my freebie magazine subscriptions are also running out, Flamingo. My Reader's Digest subscription will run through 2038 (thanks to dear Bob), so no worry there. I need to will it to someone because I'm sure I wont be around when it ends.

Camper, so sorry about your throat. I used to get that twice a year when I was working. Since I've been retired (9 years now) I havent had one sore throat. (Hope I didnt just jinx myself.) Sometimes in the summer when I run my bedroom ceiling fan at high speed all night long, I may wake up with a tiny sore throat but it always goes away as soon as I drink some coffee, tea or broth. Do you have a regular doctor? You can probably get off cheaper by going to one of those doc-in-a-box clinics but it's good to have a regular doc for times when you really need one.

Temp here got up to 81 today. Lulu is loving this no-winter-winter. I do too but I know summer is coming and I need to get my car a/c freon leak fixed. I've gone through 4 summers without a/c and I'm determined not to go through another one. The repair shop I use has tried, 4 times, to find and fix the leak and I've paid a lotta bucks for work that didnt do the job. I just need to get off my duff and find a different repair shop.

I so wish grocery stores would bring back saving stamps, like the S&H stamps that were so popular when I was a kid. My mother used to let me paste them into the stamp books and then the whole family would select what appliance or household item we wanted when we redeemed the stamp books. I guess they fell out of favor when discount grocery stores popped up but I'd be willing to pay more for my groceries and be able to get stamps again.

Old 02-19-2020, 08:01 AM

15,145 posts, read 27,805,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Well dang it. Here I am miss little ray of sunshine and I got up yesterday with the most awful sore throat. It feels like I'm swallowing glass. I hate not feeling well. I even missed my Tuesday with Rita today. If it's still hurting tomorrow I'll do the walk of shame and find a Dr. just to be told it's allergies but you can never be to careful. I used to get strep at the drop of a hat when I worked. I don't remember strep hurting like this though. Oh well, I am " elderly" now. Ha!!

Flamingo, you brought up roast... do you have an instapot? About all I do with mine is a roast, but OMG!! The one with the ranch dressing to awesome!!
No, I don't have an instant pot - I do mine in a crockpot - always yummy though

Hope you feel better!

Old 02-19-2020, 04:12 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,013,722 times
And like magic today it was gone!!!! Lol. Sinus is driving me nuts but that's ok. I'll take what I can get.

My mom got my ironing board for me with S & H green stamps ( still use it today) and my " good" china came from the grocery store. Buy so much in groceries bet a piece.

Old 02-20-2020, 11:28 PM

Glad you're ok, Campie. And, in addition to S&H green stamps, I also remember getting free dinnerware when buying a certain amount of groceries. In fact, I recall the dinner plates, desert plates, bowls, etc being set out at the end of the checkout lanes. We had a full set of "free china" too. The good ole days...

Old 03-02-2020, 05:45 AM

4,725 posts, read 4,425,852 times
With all the drama in the news--- just sayin' hope everyone is feeling fine.
( I do lament how few freebies and awesome deals there are to share).

Old 03-02-2020, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
With all the drama in the news--- just sayin' hope everyone is feeling fine.
( I do lament how few freebies and awesome deals there are to share).

Hey, Mayvenne. I havent been out of the house in almost a month now -- I just havent been feeling up to it. With grocery deliveries, it's so easy to get housebound.

I havent let the news about coronavirus scare me too much yet. I have doctor appointments every 3months and will probably cancel the one for next month -- also the annual checkup for Lulu. No need to go places like that for a while. I dont have facial masks but I always keep Clorox wipes and lots of rubbing alcohol on hand.

I have family members who bought airline tickets last year to travel to China and Japan in early April. I thought for sure they'd cancel and re-schedule for later in the year but they're young and think they're invincible. They said the airlines (Japan Air, I think) hasnt canceled their flight.

I keep saying I'm going to try to start finding freebies to post again. Then I remember how much work it was when I was doing it every day and I say maybe tomorrow.

Old 03-02-2020, 06:57 AM

Thank you for asking Mayveene - hope you (and all) are doing well.

Old 03-02-2020, 07:54 AM

Oh, Mayvenne, when I read Flamingo's post, I realized I forgot to ask how you're doing up there. Do you like the cold?

We didnt really have a winter down here. Second year in a row that I havent had to use my heat except for 2 days. It never got down to freezing, not even close. Arghhh...I know what that means for this summer.

Old 03-02-2020, 02:34 PM

4,725 posts, read 4,425,852 times
Hi! So nice to hear from you. I am so sorry you are under the weather TFW - hope you get your strength back.
Flamingo - I hate the cold!! Lucky for us, this winter has been totally a non -issue. We had one day with snow but I don't think it even lasted on the ground over night!
In my heart I should be living in the Mediterranean region or at least the south of the US. Family (grandkids) really defined where we are. We moved last year and had originally thought about the south and checked out lots of places..........but then the grandkids came and we are here. At least we do love the area we are in and we love seeing them easily.
hope you are all ok. (I don't remember where you are... well I mean I guess I know where TFW is from her name ) and I can certainly understand and appreciate if you don't want to go there publicly. I can message you just to share some more.

Old 03-02-2020, 04:35 PM

I can't take the cold anymore either - but!! I love my sweaters and do like a change of seasons (I know, doesn't make sense ; - and I actually keep my house at what others consider cold - 63 day/59 night) - lucked out for the most part over this past winter, I believe we've had .6 inches of snow - we did have some cold days but that's to be expected of course - we've had many days above average temp. - I caught some news coverage that said higher than average temps. this summer - which of course is miserable too. Not sure where you are but for the most part, I like and can handle the weather around here.

WASH your hands often folks (at least 20 seconds they say) - and don't freak out about the virus
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff