Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2020, 04:49 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times

Advertisements

Well, Tropical Storm Beta is on its way here. At least the temperature has dropped. It's 62 outside, according to my window thermometer. The rain bands have stopped for a while and I've opened the back door to let the inside of the house cool off.

Good thing I didnt move all the patio furniture back out after Hurricane Laura. I had a feeling that, if I did, I might need to move it back against the house again.

Old 09-21-2020, 10:58 AM

19,696 posts, read 20,221,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Oh, I always say once you've had a small dog that's all you want. My Bruiser was a whopping 4 1/2 pounds when he died at almost 18. We were hopping Baxter would be a little smaller but he's topped out at 12 pounds. She should be a little smaller ( I hope). Now, mind you I don't go looking for designer dogs. These are not registered, not even close. There are mutts someone has put a label on. What asked what breed either of them have been, I smile and say mine.

I love my dogs so much!!!
That is so true!

I grew up with a golden retriever, but I used to be more of a cat person, until I was paired up with my tea cup chihuahua. He passed away December of 2019, at the age of 14. I don't think I'll ever get another pet, but if I did it would certainly be a little buddy! They are the best!

The pics of your puppy are adorable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46
Well, Tropical Storm Beta is on its way here. At least the temperature has dropped. It's 62 outside, according to my window thermometer. The rain bands have stopped for a while and I've opened the back door to let the inside of the house cool off.

Good thing I didnt move all the patio furniture back out after Hurricane Laura. I had a feeling that, if I did, I might need to move it back against the house again.

Oh my! Praying you & yours are safe and that it rolls through with as little damage as possible!

Old 09-21-2020, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
...I grew up with a golden retriever, but I used to be more of a cat person, until I was paired up with my tea cup chihuahua. He passed away December of 2019, at the age of 14. I don't think I'll ever get another pet, but if I did it would certainly be a little buddy! They are the best!...

When my kids were young, we had 2 male dobermans, 1 female Golden Retriever and 2 female cats. The dobermans were never good watchdogs (in fact, none of my dobermans over the past 45+ years have been good watchdogs; they were all too friendly) -- but the Golden was the one whom the neighbors feared. When the next-door neighbors, who were Cuban, had their annual pig-on-a-spit cookout, the Golden would bark and grab hold of a wood fence plank to let them know she didnt approve.

And the cats used to lie on the arm of the sofa, which was next to a corner, and then jump on the dobermans' backs when they came around the corner. The cats would ride the dobermans like a horse. They intimidated the poor dobermans for years.

I hope you will get another dog. Adopting an older small dog from either your local humane society or rescue group is the greatest way to honor your sweet tea cup chihuahua.

Old 09-24-2020, 01:12 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
That is so true!

I grew up with a golden retriever, but I used to be more of a cat person, until I was paired up with my tea cup chihuahua. He passed away December of 2019, at the age of 14. I don't think I'll ever get another pet, but if I did it would certainly be a little buddy! They are the best!

The pics of your puppy are adorable!

Oh my! Praying you & yours are safe and that it rolls through with as little damage as possible!
Thank you so much!!!!

I'm sorry for your loss. It's hurts so bad. My Bruiser was 19 and Bailey was 16.

Old 10-01-2020, 11:51 AM

HAPPY 1st OF OCTOBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-03-2020, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
HAPPY 1st OF OCTOBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same to you, Campie! Thank goodness for the cooler weather! I havent gone to a beauty salon this year and have been wearing my hair in long ponytails because the weather has just been too hot this summer. I love late Fall and early Spring here!

Old 10-05-2020, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Same to you, Campie! Thank goodness for the cooler weather! I havent gone to a beauty salon this year and have been wearing my hair in long ponytails because the weather has just been too hot this summer. I love late Fall and early Spring here!
Well hey there lady!!

You know this is my favorite part of the year. We have been having some nice cool mornings and have been enjoying either sitting outside or at least having the door open for awhile.

We have one more river trip planned for this weekend and then again end of the month for our anniversary. The leaves are just starting to turn and fall. Not many yet becasue it's way to early but it's coming, I can feel it in my knees!!

My little Charlotte is doing great!! Growing every day. End of the month she will be 4 months!!! She's still small but getting pudgy as all get out. She's growing the wrong way!! Sure gives Baxter a run for his money. They play constantly. Just starting to snuggle up when they rest so It will still be awhile before we put them down together at night. I'll try to send you some pictures soon.

Old 10-11-2020, 02:55 PM

Truth:
Attached Thumbnails
Freebie chat part 3-canning.jpg  

Old 10-19-2020, 01:28 PM

She wasnt the dog I wanted but she was the dog I needed.

RIP, dear Lulu. Taken by Dilated Cardiomyopathy, the same heart disease that took Queenie.
Attached Thumbnails
Freebie chat part 3-lulu-home.jpg  

Old 10-19-2020, 01:44 PM

4,723 posts, read 4,413,722 times
Oh she was a beauty. I am so sorry TFW. How old was Lulu and how long did you have her? She looks like she was such a sweet pooch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff