Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2013, 08:37 AM

20,928 posts, read 28,403,121 times

Advertisements

I lost .4 total for a total of 50 lbs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2013, 07:06 AM

94 posts, read 375,385 times
So I just signed up for Weight Watchers for Men on Sunday night. Started tracking yesterday.

I got a new job two years ago as a creative in advertising, which meant there is always free alcohol and free food from client meetings always laying about. Over the past two years I put on 50lbs. I've noticed my overall energy has been severaly lowered, so I am determined to get back to what I was. Now that it's finally warming up, I'm trying to get to the gym every morning for an hour of cardio before I go to work, and drink a protein shake for breakfast after. I just realized that Subway 6" sandwiches that I like are only 10pts a piece, and since right now I'm being given 49pts (not includings my activity points), I'm feeling more at ease.

Started with my weigh in yesterday at 259.8lbs (YIKES!) I'll try and keep updating in this thread for support. Wish me luck!

Old 04-23-2013, 07:29 AM

50,344 posts, read 63,918,476 times
Good luck, Preditor74, I just signed up on Sunday, too!
I had a milestone birthday and our new scale told me I was at maximum tonnage, so I need to take off some weight. I know from experience with every weight loss plan there is, that they all will work. The tough part is keeping it off.
I am doing the online version, and tracking everything carefully. For me, once I flip the mental switch to do the diet, you can't make me deviate from it, so I eagerly look forward to a good loss this week. I do not plan to use the weekly points on a regular basis.
A trip out of town next week to someone's house might make things a bit more difficult.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:18 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,761,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preditor74 View Post
So I just signed up for Weight Watchers for Men on Sunday night. Started tracking yesterday.

I got a new job two years ago as a creative in advertising, which meant there is always free alcohol and free food from client meetings always laying about. Over the past two years I put on 50lbs. I've noticed my overall energy has been severaly lowered, so I am determined to get back to what I was. Now that it's finally warming up, I'm trying to get to the gym every morning for an hour of cardio before I go to work, and drink a protein shake for breakfast after. I just realized that Subway 6" sandwiches that I like are only 10pts a piece, and since right now I'm being given 49pts (not includings my activity points), I'm feeling more at ease.

Started with my weigh in yesterday at 259.8lbs (YIKES!) I'll try and keep updating in this thread for support. Wish me luck!
I'm a man who signed up after the first of the year. I've lost 47 pounds since starting. Good luck. Follow the plan, don't give up and you'll succeed.

Once you meet the goal, maintaining should be easy. Contingent on you maintaining the healthy habits.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:34 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,181,790 times
OK can somebody please update me on what all these 45 points posts are about? When I did it a few years ago you were allotted so many points based on your weight. So that has all changed?

Old 04-23-2013, 10:16 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,761,776 times
They've revised the points. Points allocated are based on age, gender, weight and height.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:56 AM

139 posts, read 328,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
OK can somebody please update me on what all these 45 points posts are about? When I did it a few years ago you were allotted so many points based on your weight. So that has all changed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
They've revised the points. Points allocated are based on age, gender, weight and height.
It is the same. They always did it based on weight, age, sex, and height. However if the points seem like more they re-evaluated the points a couple years back and the food items all are worth more points, hence you are allotted more points. When I did WW in 2003 when I was at close to goal I was alotted only 18 points. Now this time around I was allotted 26 points for the whole 40 pound loss. 26 points is the lowest.

They used to just use fat, fiber, and protein to calculate points and now it is fat, fiber, protein and carbs. And everything went up. I used to eat cereal for dessert and cereal almost tripled. I don't eat cereal at all anymore.

Here is a link for the current WW points plus system. You plug in your info and it tells you your allotted points:

Weight Watchers PointsPlus Daily Target Calculator

If I plug in my stats of my start weight into female I get 26 points. I plug the exact same info into the male side I get 35 points. No fair that woman have more fat and men have more muscle that burns the fat wile you sleep.

Old 04-23-2013, 02:43 PM

50,344 posts, read 63,918,476 times
My points are 30, and it is doable, but I do get surprised sometimes. In the old system, the fiber counteracted the carbs and fat, but now, not necessarily. I notice that fruits are free...so it evens out.

Old 04-23-2013, 02:51 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,181,790 times
Wow so my point slider wouldn't work nor all the restaurant food points & WW cookbooks. I'll check out that link thank you.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:33 PM

20,928 posts, read 28,403,121 times
I get 29 per day and 49 weekly points, I think men get more points per day but everyone gets the extra 49 points.The lowest you can get is 26 points. Let's all support each other to a better healthy lifestyle. You go guys!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss