Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2013, 05:06 PM

20,928 posts, read 28,411,051 times

Advertisements

Lost .6 this week total 50.4 down
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2013, 11:37 AM

No one has any new updates??? My weigh in is tomorrow.

Old 05-18-2013, 02:18 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,768,238 times
Down another 1.4 pounds. Total loss of 53.2. I bought a couple pair of 34" jeans. Something I've never wore in 12 years.

Old 05-18-2013, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Down another 1.4 pounds. Total loss of 53.2. I bought a couple pair of 34" jeans. Something I've never wore in 12 years.
Congratulations!!!!!

Old 05-19-2013, 12:21 PM

Stayed exactly the same, 50.4 lbs down.

Old 05-19-2013, 07:16 PM

5,284 posts, read 20,047,178 times
I always lost weight on WW but I never kept it off and I intensely disliked the lectures etc. Only when I removed the weight-producing non-healthy foods from my diet did I lose all the weight (72 lbs.) and kept it off. I eat a 98% plant based diet...no sugar and no animal products other than occasional nonfat Greek yogurt and 3 to 4 ounces of salmon per week. Eating no refined sugar and no added oils or fat is key for me. I eat a diet rich in natural fats...avocados, nuts, seeds, some grains. If we eat a diet rich in natural fats, we do not need oils, butter, etc. If you eat animal products and plenty of fruits and veggies and some grains, you in no way need addional fat in you diet....great way to keep those calories down.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:25 AM

206 posts, read 215,445 times
That sounds almost like a Paleo diet; is it?

Old 05-20-2013, 08:37 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,768,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattknap View Post
I always lost weight on WW but I never kept it off and I intensely disliked the lectures etc. Only when I removed the weight-producing non-healthy foods from my diet did I lose all the weight (72 lbs.) and kept it off. I eat a 98% plant based diet...no sugar and no animal products other than occasional nonfat Greek yogurt and 3 to 4 ounces of salmon per week. Eating no refined sugar and no added oils or fat is key for me. I eat a diet rich in natural fats...avocados, nuts, seeds, some grains. If we eat a diet rich in natural fats, we do not need oils, butter, etc. If you eat animal products and plenty of fruits and veggies and some grains, you in no way need addional fat in you diet....great way to keep those calories down.
That's nice. What lecture? So far I'm down 53 pounds. Time will tell, however I am fairly certain I will have no problem keeping the weight off. I eat whatever I want, within reason. The fact that there is nothing prohibited makes it work for me. I don't over indulge. There are times I want a steak or a drink, so I do.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:53 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,774,263 times
I've been going through some pretty big hormonal changes - I'm "officially" perimenopausal, yay. But, three months without getting a period, combined with 2 of those months having a lot of PMS symptoms (bloating, edema in the ankles, sore breasts, exhaustion and lethargy, food cravings) have made it difficult to get to the gym and maintain a healthy eating habit. I've gone to the gym, and I have been trying to eat healthy, but not as much as I should, and it's been a struggle.

I finally got my period last Friday and a lot of the symptoms are now gone (at least for now, sheesh). Most of the bloating is gone, the edema seems to have gone down significantly. On Saturday I was struck with some pretty extreme thirst - I sucked down a litre of water in half an hour, and I was still thirsty. I spent most of Sunday in the bathroom, peeing I'm told all of these things happen to many women who are going through their change.

This week I'm going back on track, using WW and myfitnesspal as a general guideline (I never joined WW, I just use the thread here as inspiration for ideas and motivation). I'm pretty sure I haven't gained much at all, once all the bloating and swelling went down. I definitely need to exercise more again though. I've totally been slacking and I feel the worse for it.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:55 AM

5 posts, read 5,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
That's nice. What lecture? So far I'm down 53 pounds. Time will tell, however I am fairly certain I will have no problem keeping the weight off. I eat whatever I want, within reason. The fact that there is nothing prohibited makes it work for me. I don't over indulge. There are times I want a steak or a drink, so I do.
I agree. WW works for me because there is nothing that is "forbidden." I cannot do restrictive diets that have so many food rules. Really WW is the only diet I have been able to reach my goal weight on. Now it has been twice I have reached goal. Hopefully this will be it and I'll stay at my goal weight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss