Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2013, 08:22 AM

20,928 posts, read 28,406,825 times

Advertisements

I gained back the weight I lost last week 2.2 oh well today's a new day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2013, 08:25 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,739,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
I gained back the weight I lost last week 2.2 oh well today's a new day.
I would think Sunday weighings would be on the higher end in a seven day cycle. Saturday: date night, knoshing around the house, treats at malls, kitchen/pantry close by. Compared to a week day: at work, no kitchen, busy, etc.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:57 PM

I used to weigh in on Mondays but changed to Sunday. Keeps me in check. I ate very well the night before my weigh in but during the week I did not drink much water and I know this because My calves have been hurting last 2 days. I did drink 64 oz of water today. I prefer to weigh in the morning and during the week I work so Sunday works best for me. I don't go to mall so I don't eat treats there. I knosh at home but I don't buy unhealthy snacks, what I like to have as a snack at night is either lowfat ice cream or a bowl of cereal with milk. Portion control is something I need to work too.

Old 04-15-2013, 09:02 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,739,305 times
Quote:
I used to weigh in on Mondays but changed to Sunday. Keeps me in check. I ate very well the night before my weigh in but during the week I did not drink much water and I know this because My calves have been hurting last 2 days. I did drink 64 oz of water today. I prefer to weigh in the morning and during the week I work so Sunday works best for me. I don't go to mall so I don't eat treats there. I knosh at home but I don't buy unhealthy snacks, what I like to have as a snack at night is either lowfat ice cream or a bowl of cereal with milk. Portion control is something I need to work too.
If you really gained 2.2 pounds in one week, that sort of means you ate an extra 1000+ calories per day for a week. Do you really think you did that?

Old 04-16-2013, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
If you really gained 2.2 pounds in one week, that sort of means you ate an extra 1000+ calories per day for a week. Do you really think you did that?
No way! I also syopped eating fast food 3 years ago as well as take out Chinese. I get pizza occasionally though. I cook every night except Saturday.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:51 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,875,858 times
Yay! It was like pulling hen's teeth, but I got back on the WW program and lost a pound last week! This was AFTER actually GAINING two pounds as soon as I got on the program, so in a way it feels like I lost three pounds! See how I play mind games with myself? LOL

About to go get on ye olde treadmill - got to lose 8 pounds by the first week of June when we go on vacation!

Old 04-18-2013, 12:21 PM

139 posts, read 328,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Yay! It was like pulling hen's teeth, but I got back on the WW program and lost a pound last week! This was AFTER actually GAINING two pounds as soon as I got on the program, so in a way it feels like I lost three pounds! See how I play mind games with myself? LOL

About to go get on ye olde treadmill - got to lose 8 pounds by the first week of June when we go on vacation!
Congrats Kathryn. I know how that feels to gain when you start. I actually restarted beginning of last July and yo-yo-ed for 2 months. I was so frustrated because I tracked everything. I realized I had to stop eating the extra 49 points and only eat my exercise points. I got the Active Link and started exercising like a crazy person. Sometimes 5 or 6 hours in a day.

I know that is not normal but now I am on a normal exercise routine.

But my point was that I know how frustrating it is to gain when you are doing things right. It is super frustrating when it is Labor Day weekend and everyone else is eating chips and drinking beer and I was eating carrots and counting my few wine points and then to gain 4 pounds. I stopped eating the 49 points, started the Active Link last Sept and hit goal in March.

So just hang in there. And you will have ups and downs even if you are perfect. It is just the way the body works, especially for women. We will be up twice a month and it does not matter if you have been through menopause or had a hysterectomy you will still gain twice a month.

Old 04-18-2013, 02:40 PM

I am yo yoing myself, Up 2 lbs, down 2lbs, up .6 down .8. Getting frustrating. Loosing weight is not an easy battle. But I will not give up or quit WW like I have done in the past.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:49 PM

139 posts, read 328,139 times
Quote:
I am yo yoing myself, Up 2 lbs, down 2lbs, up .6 down .8. Getting frustrating. Loosing weight is not an easy battle. But I will not give up or quit WW like I have done in the past.
Are you tracking everything? Talk to someone at the meetings. They were the ones that suggested I not eat the extra 49 and I started loosing.

It's calories in and calories out and that is it. So if you are not loosing you are eating too many calories. You can track for a week and they can examine it and see what you are doing. Ask for help at the meetings, as that is what they are there for.

Old 04-19-2013, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldTravelingYogi View Post
Are you tracking everything? Talk to someone at the meetings. They were the ones that suggested I not eat the extra 49 and I started loosing.

It's calories in and calories out and that is it. So if you are not loosing you are eating too many calories. You can track for a week and they can examine it and see what you are doing. Ask for help at the meetings, as that is what they are there for.
I track everything I eat, I use very little of my 49 weekly points, I just might be eating too much calories. Maybe I should calculate that too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss